Patch notes... let the bloodbath begin lol

Devilman.1532

A-Net invented trolling I swear. haha

But actually, I think while they just cemented Firebrand, Scourge and Mirage into the meta, I think the other two slots are a bit more flexible than before the patch. We'll see, but this is certainly a surprising choice of buffs/nerfs given the complaints of the meta.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > @"Halikus.1406" said:

> > > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > > I hope you are just messing with us...

> >

> > Sadly not. I was watching jawgeous stream and it's legit.

>

> Awww man I cant check it out at my office but I watch his stream from time to time. Yikes. Gonna be an interesting rest of the season.

This is after 6 stacks fell off when Infused Light ended.

https://imgur.com/a/z68Ih

PS Image upload function still doesn’t work on mobile.

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> Ok you guys lemme ask this I'm seeing pretty much universal negative from the "balance". Anyone see anything good in their opinion?

Ranger GS buffed. I think power warrior is buffed for PvE. Power rev got a slight buff in changes to off hand sword 5. None of this stuff is sPvP relevant though.

This biggest issue is all condi builds are wrecked big time in none raid PvE and in sPvP, to which only Mirage and scourge were competitive to begin with. And Mirage got buffed..

I play condi Rev and the condi application is already difficult in sPvP and of course requires re-application due to cleansing. Big portion of the damage relies on the first 2-3 seconds before it is cleansed. Not sure how the kitten is supposed to work now.

Some good changes this patch, but there were two HUGE mistakes/missed opportunities:

1. Firebrand healing. Firebrand did NOT need more healing but quite the opposite actually: they needed reductions to their sustain.

2. mesmer/mirage did not receive the same treatment everyone else did. They could have done literally the exact same things to axe ambush, axe 2/3, scepter 2, and Riddle of the Sand that they did to everything else (decrease stacks, increase dura).

top kek my dudes

Are the mesmer notes literally a troll? I'd rather pvp in WoW at this point GW2 is just a meme and not even a funny one. Condi cancer is not fun to play against , can you please get this through your thick EMPTY heads? Afk until next patch note that I can laugh my way to the moon and back reading. Just remove the tumor and stop trying to make cancer look like it isn't exactly that. Your pvp is an absolute joke, instant aoe condi everywhere, this game used to take at least a bit of talent to play competitively. If you need example of some well designed skills look at scepter 1 necro or staff 5 fire for ele. Now THAT is ramp up time and counterable, but then you'd hve to remove half the garbage you've designed since then to make GW2 like that, hell maybe it would even be watchable lmao.

Oh man, they think confusion doesn't last long? Burning was also supposed to be the short duration bursty condi, but you changed that, so why not confusion? I don't mind long lasting conditions as long as they don't do so much damage while they're up. But now mesmers can stack up to 20+ stacks of confusion that lasts at least 4 seconds (4 seconds is _long_ in PvP) or longer! Also, during those 4 seconds, you aren't just being punished for using skills. You are being punished for doing nothing. The passive damage from 20 stacks is more than plenty. Why not revamp confusion and torment so that they only do damage when their special effects are triggered? Right now, if you're hit by a Mirage's condi bomb, you die if you use skills that aren't cleanses, and you die if you don't use them. So much for skill punishment. You're punished if you don't use skills! Oh, and you are unlucky enough to not cleanse any confusion or torment, then of course you die from that too. Oh, and Mirage was already one of the top specs for the past meta, mainly because portal is so necessary and because their condition output was insane. And now you actually _buff_ confusion for axe? I mean, nobody's gonna run axe still anyway because staff and sword are also mandatory.

You guys are hopeless now. You made some nice changes that made conditions more manageable, but you ignore one of the most powerful specs. That is incompetence beyond comprehension. Mirage's are _obviously_ OP because of confusion. So why not change confusion? Anyone with a freaking brain can see that leaving them alone will allow them to reign supreme well above everyone else in the new meta. Go ahead and infract me. It won't change my opinion about this patch, and it won't change the fact that you made a massive mistake leaving confusion alone.

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > @"Rukia.9860" said:

> > top kek my dudes

> >

> > Are the mesmer notes literally a troll?

> >

>

> this is what the devs have to say about mirage

>

> ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/9e0860a3aa5399d9ac258d18dc8988c3/tumblr_p0v5j9pmpQ1s6ueo5o1_1280.jpg "")

>

Well, that makes sense but that mechanic means anyone below platinum gets punished real hard for button mashing and not paying attention to the confusion stacks. Which means this forum gets flooded with complaints.

> @"Kuya.6495" said:

> > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > @"Rukia.9860" said:

> > > top kek my dudes

> > >

> > > Are the mesmer notes literally a troll?

> > >

> >

> > this is what the devs have to say about mirage

> >

> > ![](http://78.media.tumblr.com/9e0860a3aa5399d9ac258d18dc8988c3/tumblr_p0v5j9pmpQ1s6ueo5o1_1280.jpg "")

> >

>

> Well, that makes sense but that mechanic means anyone below platinum gets punished real hard for button mashing and not paying attention to the confusion stacks. Which means this forum gets flooded with complaints.

dude, you can insta burst 30+ stacks of confusion. you are going to die even if you don't use skills, and you only need to auto once or twice to die from 30+ confusion so death is on the cards. doesn't matter if plat or bronze, mirage gonna burst you down.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > Nerfing interrupt effects for PvE. Why do I still log.

>

> What? They buffed interrupts in PvE.

>

> While this patch certainly will not create some massive meta change, I feel like most of the complaints about it are a lot of L2Read issue.

>

I meant it as because of PvE. 3 sec ICD on most interrupt effects.

"To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. "

I'm assuming the 3 sec ICD will make it's way to PvP and WvW.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > Nerfing interrupt effects for PvE. Why do I still log.

> >

> > What? They buffed interrupts in PvE.

> >

> > While this patch certainly will not create some massive meta change, I feel like most of the complaints about it are a lot of L2Read issue.

> >

>

> I meant it as because of PvE. 3 sec ICD on most interrupt effects.

>

> "To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. "

>

> I'm assuming the 3 sec ICD will make it's way to PvP and WvW.

You missed this

>This cooldown is only applied when interrupting foes with defiance bars.

Besides even if it did come into PvP it would hardly matter, it's very uncommon to be landing multiple interrupts within 3 seconds, since most classes (except thieves) either have long cooldowns on CC skills or straight up don't have enough CC skills to be doing that.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > Nerfing interrupt effects for PvE. Why do I still log.

> > >

> > > What? They buffed interrupts in PvE.

> > >

> > > While this patch certainly will not create some massive meta change, I feel like most of the complaints about it are a lot of L2Read issue.

> > >

> >

> > I meant it as because of PvE. 3 sec ICD on most interrupt effects.

> >

> > "To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. "

> >

> > I'm assuming the 3 sec ICD will make it's way to PvP and WvW.

>

> You missed this

>

> >This cooldown is only applied when interrupting foes with defiance bars.

>

> Besides even if it did come into PvP it would hardly matter, it's very uncommon to be landing multiple interrupts within 3 seconds, since most classes (except thieves) either have long cooldowns on CC skills or straight up don't have enough CC skills to be doing that.

Hmm two meta builds are affected if it also applies to Mesmer Ineptitude.

Also, the PvE part idc about I don't PvE. It's sad that changes like this which may have drastic effects on PvP and WvW come out of PvE, is what i was trying to get at.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > Nerfing interrupt effects for PvE. Why do I still log.

> > > >

> > > > What? They buffed interrupts in PvE.

> > > >

> > > > While this patch certainly will not create some massive meta change, I feel like most of the complaints about it are a lot of L2Read issue.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I meant it as because of PvE. 3 sec ICD on most interrupt effects.

> > >

> > > "To prevent abuse against bosses with long attack windups, a 3-second cooldown between activations of these skills has been added to skills without existing cooldowns. "

> > >

> > > I'm assuming the 3 sec ICD will make it's way to PvP and WvW.

> >

> > You missed this

> >

> > >This cooldown is only applied when interrupting foes with defiance bars.

> >

> > Besides even if it did come into PvP it would hardly matter, it's very uncommon to be landing multiple interrupts within 3 seconds, since most classes (except thieves) either have long cooldowns on CC skills or straight up don't have enough CC skills to be doing that.

>

> Hmm two meta builds are affected if it also applies to Mesmer Ineptitude.

>

> Also, the PvE part idc about I don't PvE. It's sad that changes like this which may have drastic effects on PvP and WvW come out of PvE, is what i was trying to get at.

But none of the PvE changes in this patch or the last one affected PvP in the slightest.

Given the biggest complaint people had on Scourge was its burst ability, which got nearly halved this patch, I don't think it's been "cemented as meta" after today.

Now, if you stand there and eat everything without defending yourself/cleansing like your average PvE mob, then yes, Scourge got buffed in PvP today. If you do that, though, you're just a terrible player.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> Given the biggest complaint people had on Scourge was its burst ability, which got nearly halved this patch, I don't think it's been "cemented as meta" after today.

>

> Now, if you stand there and eat everything without defending yourself/cleansing like your average PvE mob, then yes, Scourge got buffed in PvP today. If you do that, though, you're just a terrible player.

Cleansed with what? You undersand that some classes have condy clean around 2 conditions per 9 sec or something like that , scourge puts 4-6 conditions per click

> @"Duzik.9137" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > Given the biggest complaint people had on Scourge was its burst ability, which got nearly halved this patch, I don't think it's been "cemented as meta" after today.

> >

> > Now, if you stand there and eat everything without defending yourself/cleansing like your average PvE mob, then yes, Scourge got buffed in PvP today. If you do that, though, you're just a terrible player.

>

> Cleansed with what? You undersand that some classes have condy clean around 2 conditions per 9 sec or something like that , scourge puts 4-6 conditions per click

You do have other active defenses, you know. Virtually all of Scourge damage output is blockable (only the weak staff marks and corrupt boon aren't). Only the damage conditions (namely Bleeding and Torment) have durations longer than a couple seconds on condi scourge, so it's not hard to cleanse anymore. You can let them pile up a bit longer than before before cleansing as well, letting you take care of more damage at once.

So, yeah, 2 conditions cleansed/9 seconds with other active defenses should be enough for you. I've gone with about that myself when playing other professions and wreck Scourges, and that's in WvW where they're even crazier.

Of course, if you're married to the idea of melee only and refusing to leave the point for any reason whatsoever, then I can see how you might have some more difficulty. Should still be sufficient for a close fight.