This balance patch = literally nothing?

witcher.3197

The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

Now it's a matter of tuning those timers, maybe work out better defences for condis in PvP - maybe add a stat that reduces duration of condis for PvP only?. And tell Arena Net that just because a dev mains a class it's not ok to leave it out of the reworks (looking at you Mirage).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

> But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

> Now it's a matter of tuning those timers, maybe work out better defences for condis in PvP - maybe add a stat that reduces duration of condis for PvP only?. And tell Arena Net that just because a dev mains a class it's not ok to leave it out of the reworks (looking at you Mirage).

Yes, like killing the eles right now. Weaver is going to be a downgrade of an sidetank like druid or spellbreaker in all without even fury now on mandatory arcane. Anyways, the patch atleast tried to be good, but the changes made nothing new/better or killed the way to strong fb/necro. So we stick 3 months again with this boring meta playing around the necros.

Not a good patch, way to defensiv.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> I don't understand the negativity. Granted, I think they didn't go far enough, but these are some significant changes to the viability of condition damage.

>

> For example, doubling the duration but halving the stacks of condi reduces the chance that you will experiences the full affect of the condis before you can cleanse. This means that a burst of burning from a guardian or engineer won't be lethal in 3 seconds, but lethal in 6 instead. That's a game changer for condi in PvP, especially at higher levels of play.

>

> IE:

> Incendiary ammo did 6 stacks of burning for 3s each. (total)

> Now it does 3 stacks of burning for 6s each. (total)

>

> That means instead of having 3 seconds to remove that burning or face nasty damage, players now have 6 seconds before facing the same nasty damage. That's a massive deal towards reaching the ramp-up goal.

Because the same stuff that was strong before the patch is even stronger, while they actually nerfed the trash tier classes like rev and ele. Still 4x scourge in every game, firebrand and mirage were buffed for some reason. It did nothing to change the current "meta" at all, so pvp gets to remain stale for another 6 months.

> @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > I don't understand the negativity. Granted, I think they didn't go far enough, but these are some significant changes to the viability of condition damage.

> >

> > For example, doubling the duration but halving the stacks of condi reduces the chance that you will experiences the full affect of the condis before you can cleanse. This means that a burst of burning from a guardian or engineer won't be lethal in 3 seconds, but lethal in 6 instead. That's a game changer for condi in PvP, especially at higher levels of play.

> >

> > IE:

> > Incendiary ammo did 6 stacks of burning for 3s each. (total)

> > Now it does 3 stacks of burning for 6s each. (total)

> >

> > That means instead of having 3 seconds to remove that burning or face nasty damage, players now have 6 seconds before facing the same nasty damage. That's a massive deal towards reaching the ramp-up goal.

>

> Because the same stuff that was strong before the patch is even stronger, while they actually nerfed the trash tier classes like rev and ele. Still 4x scourge in every game, firebrand and mirage were buffed for some reason. It did nothing to change the current "meta" at all, so pvp gets to remain stale for another 6 months.

Yeah, I do have to scratch my head as to why old engineer pvp condi builds (LUL, does anybody play that any more?) got nerfed, but mesmer confusion spam didn't.

This patch wasn't nothing. Weak classes getting nerfed and mesmer getting buffed isn't nothing. It makes balance _worse_, yes, but that isn't nothing.

> The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

> But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

strongly disagree. A few months with condi being nonexistant would actually be very interesting. A lot classes and builds that are rendered unplayable by condi spam would suddenly see use.

> @"reikken.4961" said:

> This patch wasn't nothing. Weak classes getting nerfed and mesmer getting buffed isn't nothing. It makes balance _worse_, yes, but that isn't nothing.

>

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

> > But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

> strongly disagree. A few months with condi being nonexistant would actually be very interesting. A lot classes and builds that are rendered unplayable by condi spam would suddenly see use.

>

>

We've had ~3 years with conditions being non-existant. It's not interesting in the least, thanks very much!

> @"lilypop.7819" said:

> > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > My biggest complaint is that I still think they're missing the point on condi.

> >

> > Conditions were not designed to work like DoTs in Everquest - they were given short durations with armor penetration. The problem is not that they were ramping up too quickly, it's that they simply were doing too much damage. If ramp up is the metric Anet cares about, what's the point of them ignoring armor? These condi changes do nothing but reinforce the sort of broken gameplay we have now where armor means next to nothing and you're forced to run a bunch of anti condi in your kit.

> >

> > Everything would work way better if condi did lowish overall damage, but ramped up quickly with very limited target access to cleanse/immunity. They should have reduced the damage from condi and kept the same duration instead of increasing the duration and keeping the same damage. Makes no sense.

>

> I think they still believe that there is fundamentally enough cleanse in the game to counteract condi spam. The change is really a token to give peeps more time to cleanse.

>

> Problem is that they taken no account of the bee-hive condi spamming that occurs in PvP that has come to negate everything else in the game in terms of tactics and that the UI doesn't support such lethal condition damage.

>

> Frankly it's one thing to be repeatedly slashed by a GS another to be pinned to the ground by ramping small numbers on very small red squares. Thing is the defence is passive with the onus on the receiver. This is why huge fast condi damage is so popular, the spammer doesn't have to think much about the opponent's actions - it's all very very marco friendly. Of course if instead of 'cleanse' you had a 'reflect' element - I have suggested a x% movement slow for every active condition on opponents - then the game would be a bit more interesting ...

>

> As is - at the lower end anyway - PvP is just Spamwars2 and very poor gameplay, a complete mess and I suspect very marco driven - the team with the most condi specs/marcos pretty much always wins. Obviously when you get very skilled at PvP, this may not be the case, but peeps aren't going to make it that far are they?

>

> Condi splatter is just turning the PvP gameplay into mush, maybe balanced mush, but mush none the less.

>

> ---------------

>

> Regards the UI, I would suggest a set of different coloured bubbles that grow in size as per damage inflicted per tick.

>

> --------------

>

> Putting the onus on the receiver and camo-ing the application just isn't playing fair if the intent is to equalised dots and dd. Clearly there is no equality and the preference will be for condi splatter and marco driven gaming.

Right, but the obvious proper solution is to significantly lower condition damage and remove most sources of cleanse/immunity. Having it this way just throws the game way out of balance in all kinds of ways.

> > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > This patch wasn't nothing. Weak classes getting nerfed and mesmer getting buffed isn't nothing. It makes balance _worse_, yes, but that isn't nothing.

> >

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

> > > But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

> > strongly disagree. A few months with condi being nonexistant would actually be very interesting. A lot classes and builds that are rendered unplayable by condi spam would suddenly see use.

> >

> >

>

> We've had ~3 years with conditions being non-existant. It's not interesting in the least, thanks very much!

Only in PvE.

They were otherwise balanced if not even overpowered for some builds in the PvP areas of the game.

The patch did nothing, condi bombing is still the way to go.

Conditions need to be NORMALIZED.

Each condition from a single player needs to stack by duration and not intensity, intensity being stacked by multiple players appliying the same condition. Then they need to balance the expected condition damage and rework from there.

Pve wise, this patch literally did NOTHING, viper is still the way to go.

Honestly at this point. You guys and gals have to be some of the most intellectually challenged gamers I have ever ran into. I mean like come on, really, really, really? Are yall really going to act like yall was expecting anything else.

I'm I'm a firm believer of the saying fool me once shame on you. But this is like the 4th or 5th time you guys and gals have been fooled, and are still openly complaining about it. LEL, GW2 is clearly a game that people like yall deserves. When I speak of people like yall I mean people who lack basic reasoning skills, maybe even basic motor skills. Which is why yall continue to play this game even tho it makes yall so unhappy.

I almost pity you all. ALMOST! :trollface:

If I had to choose between this patch and nothing I would have chosen nothing tbh. We keep asking for changes or at least nerfs, but all we get is minor numbers adjustments and unnecessary buffs. There are a lot of threads with good ideas about the game (or ideas worth trying), yet they get totally ignored ...

> > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > This patch wasn't nothing. Weak classes getting nerfed and mesmer getting buffed isn't nothing. It makes balance _worse_, yes, but that isn't nothing.

> >

> > > The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

> > > But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

> > strongly disagree. A few months with condi being nonexistant would actually be very interesting. A lot classes and builds that are rendered unplayable by condi spam would suddenly see use.

> >

> >

>

> We've had ~3 years with conditions being non-existant. It's not interesting in the least, thanks very much!

These were the best 3 years from a gameplay perspective, the most balanced with the most build variety. Some good condition builds existed. And even today a good ele condi build is impossible.

> @"Xillllix.3485" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > This patch wasn't nothing. Weak classes getting nerfed and mesmer getting buffed isn't nothing. It makes balance _worse_, yes, but that isn't nothing.

> > >

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

> > > > But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

> > > strongly disagree. A few months with condi being nonexistant would actually be very interesting. A lot classes and builds that are rendered unplayable by condi spam would suddenly see use.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We've had ~3 years with conditions being non-existant. It's not interesting in the least, thanks very much!

>

> These were the best 3 years from a gameplay perspective, the most balanced with the most build variety. Some good condition builds existed. And even today a good ele condi build is impossible.

Agree. Balance before HoT came was the best this game ever had. Many skills actually had significant cds and the whole game was overall far less spammy. PvP should be reverted back to that patch imo

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > @"Xillllix.3485" said:

> > > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > > This patch wasn't nothing. Weak classes getting nerfed and mesmer getting buffed isn't nothing. It makes balance _worse_, yes, but that isn't nothing.

> > > >

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > The patch was a bit undertuned, sure.

> > > > > But think of it this way. What if they had gone the opposite direction? What if they had done what most of us feared and made condition damage useless? That would arguably be worse than what we have now.

> > > > strongly disagree. A few months with condi being nonexistant would actually be very interesting. A lot classes and builds that are rendered unplayable by condi spam would suddenly see use.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > We've had ~3 years with conditions being non-existant. It's not interesting in the least, thanks very much!

> >

> > These were the best 3 years from a gameplay perspective, the most balanced with the most build variety. Some good condition builds existed. And even today a good ele condi build is impossible.

>

> Agree. Balance before HoT came was the best this game ever had. Many skills actually had significant cds and the whole game was overall far less spammy. PvP should be reverted back to that patch imo

give me a retro server w trait points & i will reinstall

id be very happy to play old valk amulet warrior with shouts & hammer. funnest build i ever played. really skillful too. all about timing interrupts & final thrust w intelligence. really cool to tactically condi clear & heal allies too

this aoe spamfest on the other hand RIP fun

I'm just here scratching my head wondering why Ele of all classes got hit with the nerfbat. Arcane Fury was destroyed on a PvP-mandatory spec line, and Electric Discharge is bugged to now hit the nearest target (so instead of hitting the Mesmer you have targeted, it'll hit a random clone that happens to be nearer to you.) Scourge, Mirage and Firebrand are still as cancerous as ever. WTF, Anet? I get that PvP isn't a top priority, but doing nothing would've been better than releasing this garbage...