Mystic Coins and Winter's Presences...

> @"boondocksaint.6529" said:

> Does the superior runes of mischief drop from the presents? I have opened up over 400 of them and have yet to see one?

They supposedly are supposed to given what the preview shows. However, I have yet to see any drop as well. *shrugs* Could be RNG, could be screwed up tables. I'm going to track to actually keep track of how many of the "rare" section actually drop for me in my openings.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Considering other auras cost even more, I’d say that the cost is reasonable.

>

> Cost aside, how can you justify a single skin requiring up to 10x as many MC as a legendary weapon?

Why does the certain number used in another item matter? Seems like people are just upset with the total price and blaming the mystic coins.

> @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > @"boondocksaint.6529" said:

> > Does the superior runes of mischief drop from the presents? I have opened up over 400 of them and have yet to see one?

>

> They supposedly are supposed to given what the preview shows. However, I have yet to see any drop as well. *shrugs* Could be RNG, could be screwed up tables. I'm going to track to actually keep track of how many of the "rare" section actually drop for me in my openings.

>

Can confirm that Sup Mischief does in fact drop, only opened 200 presents for one. Another 150 today and none yet.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> Can confirm that Sup Mischief does in fact drop, only opened 200 presents for one. Another 150 today and none yet.

Thanks for that. I'll put it down to rng and not favorable tables compared to previous years which has rendered the existing recipe out of date with current pricings.

Halloween craftable weapons only take 20 runes, no mystic coins to create said runes, and the runes are craftable directly at superior grade. As this is a skin that is showing off all the time vs. weapons that are out only at combat, I'm not against more runes being required, but man... talk about lack of constancy between seasons and ability to craft said items.

Ah well, I'm still just trying to gather info on the sup snowfall which doesn't seem to drop at all any more.

I'm not here to justify the cost of the item per se, certainly not if you consider buying the requirements outright. If you work on it in increments, however, and put buy orders in, it feels a lot more palatable.

I made the skin last year - and by last year, I mean most of the entire year was taken up putting in orders for those drinks, coins and sigils. I honestly can't remember how much it was in total, but the drinks were more expensive then than they are now. Making short term goals is what I advise (say, 250 orders of Item X at a time, although you have to set what works for you), and making gold the way you enjoy best so you can put those orders in. Right now, I'd advise simply doing the things that can only be done in the Wintersday festival, and work on making cash and putting in orders for the rest of the time. Last Wintersday I spent one, maybe two days on getting the festival requirements done and then waiting a bit for the drinks prices to drop a bit (and as I said, it was still more expensive last year for the drinks, and I'd still spent the year regularly quaffing the things). You can craft the skin at any time, so there's no rush for it to be done in the festival time.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Ceridwen.6703" said:

> > You can craft the skin at any time, so there's no rush for it to be done in the festival time.

>

> *Aslong as the part you require isn't a WD only activity.

>

Aye, which is why I advocated doing the WD stuff right now, and worrying about the rest later. ;) The actual crafting can be done any time once you have the components.

> @"Ceridwen.6703" said:

> I'm not here to justify the cost of the item per se, certainly not if you consider buying the requirements outright. If you work on it in increments, however, and put buy orders in, it feels a lot more palatable.

That is fine, just keep in mind the cost for a **skin**, not even for an item that has stats. And remember if ANET is fine with this change, what will the costs be in the future?

If you don't like the direction of change, it is best to speak up now than to not.

> > @"Ceridwen.6703" said:

> > I'm not here to justify the cost of the item per se, certainly not if you consider buying the requirements outright. If you work on it in increments, however, and put buy orders in, it feels a lot more palatable.

>

> That is fine, just keep in mind the cost for a **skin**, not even for an item that has stats. And remember if ANET is fine with this change, what will the costs be in the future?

> If you don't like the direction of change, it is best to speak up now than to not.

>

And this game is about cosmetics. People spent more than this on legendaries prior to being able to stat swap when all that they gained was a skin essentially as the cost of an ascended in negligible in comparison.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> And this game is about cosmetics. People spent more than this on legendaries prior to being able to stat swap when all that they gained was a skin essentially as the cost of an ascended in negligible in comparison.

I find that tangential post to be entrapping, not to say that I wasn't responding also in the tangent. I advocate that people should speak up if they find something unreasonable, not that they should remain quiet because of what was. My post was put forth because I wanted to be wrong. So far I'm only half wrong, such that it makes me sad for players that really want it, but just can't. The excuse of "work on it all year round" does not work for all players and for some could just be a final straw and quit. We players are a fickle bunch, such that sweeping statements are often insulting. I have my own thoughts on how festivals, items, and designs to the end should be, but that would be fore a different thread, not this one.

> 4 minors + 4 coins + 4 tiny snowflakes (was that recipe ever updated?) and 4 things of dust. = 1 major.

> 4 majors + 4 coins + 4 pristine snowflakes (again was this recipe ever updated?) and 4 things of dust = 1 sup.

> so that is 20 coins for just one sup.

> Oh wait.. you need FIFTY sup runes/sigils...

> So to make just one essence that is 1050 coins for just one essence.

So, need to buy 800 minors rune and so 800 minor sigils ? O_o and 2150 MC ..............WHAT ????????????

Cause no drop of sigil or rune in gift ?

Datamine of 1000 gift :

> @"Neoxaro.3168" said:

> So, need to buy 800 minors rune and so 800 minor sigils ? O_o and 2150 MC ..............WHAT ????????????

> Cause no drop of sigil or rune in gift ?

> Datamine of 1000 gift :

>

Emm.... per your thread link...

NL_Cerealff 32 minutes ago

Opened about 6000 gifts, got 2 Sigils of Mischief

So mischeif is in there, but the drop rate is.... frankly seems more than rare level.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Considering other auras cost even more, I’d say that the cost is reasonable.

> >

> > Cost aside, how can you justify a single skin requiring up to 10x as many MC as a legendary weapon?

>

> Why does the certain number used in another item matter? Seems like people are just upset with the total price and blaming the mystic coins.

Because its asinine to require so many MC when you cannot farm them. Every single source of MC is timegated. Every single one. You literally cannot farm them. If the skin is supposed to be expensive, then make it expensive by adding a gold cost. At least that way you can farm it.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > Considering other auras cost even more, I’d say that the cost is reasonable.

> > >

> > > Cost aside, how can you justify a single skin requiring up to 10x as many MC as a legendary weapon?

> >

> > Why does the certain number used in another item matter? Seems like people are just upset with the total price and blaming the mystic coins.

>

> Because its asinine to require so many MC when you cannot farm them. Every single source of MC is timegated. Every single one. You literally cannot farm them. If the skin is supposed to be expensive, then make it expensive by adding a gold cost. At least that way you can farm it.

Then farm the gold and buy off the TP? It’s not like the mystic coins are account bound.

My biggest disappointment is that there is no way you can reasonably farm the sigils and runes. Sure I get it you want to tie the MCs to the craft to keep them valuable. But to not have the superior (or at least the major) runes drop at all or be SUPER rare... I mean come on. The market is running dry on the runes and they will only get more expensive with time.

> @"boondocksaint.6529" said:

> My biggest disappointment is that there is no way you can reasonably farm the sigils and runes. Sure I get it you want to tie the MCs to the craft to keep them valuable. But to not have the superior (or at least the major) runes drop at all or be SUPER rare... I mean come on. The market is running dry on the runes and they will only get more expensive with time.

Supply on the sigil and rune as been increasing sharply since yesterday. Supply of mystic coins have also been going up sharply as well since the event started.

They do drop from gifts although I’m not sure at what rate. Based on how much supply is increasing, I wouldn’t say that they’re incredibly rare.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Well their supply is going up for both. Sigil of mischief is producing almost 2G loss to craft and sell so I doubt people are adding them that way. Rune of Snowfall is about 35s profit so perhaps but unlikely due to how Sigil of Mischief’s supply is increasing without crafting.

I doubt you are that dense that you don't realize that the supply may be going up for now because people are unloading their hoards onto the tp. Let alone doubtless there are those also those playing the market.

> > Well their supply is going up for both. Sigil of mischief is producing almost 2G loss to craft and sell so I doubt people are adding them that way. Rune of Snowfall is about 35s profit so perhaps but unlikely due to how Sigil of Mischief’s supply is increasing without crafting.

>

> I doubt you are that dense that you don't realize that the supply may be going up for now because people are unloading their hoards onto the tp. Let alone doubtless there are those also those playing the market.

Or they may not and it’s the overall effect of the entire player base opening presents and putting them onto the TP.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Well their supply is going up for both. Sigil of mischief is producing almost 2G loss to craft and sell so I doubt people are adding them that way. Rune of Snowfall is about 35s profit so perhaps but unlikely due to how Sigil of Mischief’s supply is increasing without crafting.

> >

> > I doubt you are that dense that you don't realize that the supply may be going up for now because people are unloading their hoards onto the tp. Let alone doubtless there are those also those playing the market.

>

> Or they may not and it’s the overall effect of the entire player base opening presents and putting them onto the TP.

While I don't doubt that there is a small supply coming in from presents, are you seriously claiming that TP barons aren't slowly unloading the supply they've built up over the past year or two? This is the prime time for a baron to release this supply, and its scheduled on top of everything, they knew this was coming.

There is less than a 0% chance that at least 1 TP baron isn't unloading their supply throughout this wintersday season.