Winter's Presence Crafting Drops

Can we finally have the crafting sigils & runes dropped as normal throughout?

Superior Sigil Of Mischief

Superior Rune Of Snowfall

These 2 are outrageously expensive and can only be gotten from the BLTC, which means that players can charge exorbitant amounts of gold for them and we are stuck either paying for them, or never completing the achievement we have been working for. I cannot think of a good reason to not have them as drops. I have been trying to get Winter's Presence since it was released. Last year, I finally got enough drinks to get the Masterful Toast after blowing ungodly amounts of money into getting it, and begging my guildies and friends to help me out. Finally, I thought, the worst was over. And then, I stumble across the requirement of 50 per Sigil and Rune. And at roughly 3 gold and 6 gold each (when they have zero in game value outside of this achievement), it was a steep price. But I was determined to grind for them so I could finally get my Shoulder Piece. Then I find out that they are no longer in game as drops anymore. My grinding hopes were dashed! I couldn't (still can't) afford 450 gold on sigils & runes, when I still have to purchase Mystic Coins.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!! BRING THEM BACK IN-GAME!!!!

Zero use outside of the achieve? Snowfall Runes are admittedly useless, but Sigil of Mischief isn't terrible. Free blind on weapon swap can be handy, I actually use it my Elementalist for a little extra defense. Not "meta" or anything, but useable.

I'd love to see them get re-added to the drop lists, or at the very least allow them to be crafted. I've still got about 15 or so lying around, but if / when I ever run out I'm not looking forward to paying tons of gold to get more.

> @"Electro.4173" said:

> Zero use outside of the achieve? Snowfall Runes are admittedly useless, but Sigil of Mischief isn't terrible. Free blind on weapon swap can be handy, I actually use it my Elementalist for a little extra defense. Not "meta" or anything, but useable.

>

> I'd love to see them get re-added to the drop lists, or at the very least allow them to be crafted. I've still got about 15 or so lying around, but if / when I ever run out I'm not looking forward to paying tons of gold to get more.

The sigil is still on the drop table from wintersday gifts.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Electro.4173" said:

> > Zero use outside of the achieve? Snowfall Runes are admittedly useless, but Sigil of Mischief isn't terrible. Free blind on weapon swap can be handy, I actually use it my Elementalist for a little extra defense. Not "meta" or anything, but useable.

> >

> > I'd love to see them get re-added to the drop lists, or at the very least allow them to be crafted. I've still got about 15 or so lying around, but if / when I ever run out I'm not looking forward to paying tons of gold to get more.

>

> The sigil is still on the drop table from wintersday gifts.

Superior Sigil of Generosity is in the Wintersday Gift, not Mischief.

> @"Keira Wildflower.7304" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Electro.4173" said:

> > > Zero use outside of the achieve? Snowfall Runes are admittedly useless, but Sigil of Mischief isn't terrible. Free blind on weapon swap can be handy, I actually use it my Elementalist for a little extra defense. Not "meta" or anything, but useable.

> > >

> > > I'd love to see them get re-added to the drop lists, or at the very least allow them to be crafted. I've still got about 15 or so lying around, but if / when I ever run out I'm not looking forward to paying tons of gold to get more.

> >

> > The sigil is still on the drop table from wintersday gifts.

>

> Superior Sigil of Generosity is in the Wintersday Gift, not Mischief.

They both are but someone opened 25k gifts and only got 2 mischief so it doesn't really make much difference.

> @"Keira Wildflower.7304" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Electro.4173" said:

> > > Zero use outside of the achieve? Snowfall Runes are admittedly useless, but Sigil of Mischief isn't terrible. Free blind on weapon swap can be handy, I actually use it my Elementalist for a little extra defense. Not "meta" or anything, but useable.

> > >

> > > I'd love to see them get re-added to the drop lists, or at the very least allow them to be crafted. I've still got about 15 or so lying around, but if / when I ever run out I'm not looking forward to paying tons of gold to get more.

> >

> > The sigil is still on the drop table from wintersday gifts.

>

> Superior Sigil of Generosity is in the Wintersday Gift, not Mischief.

Sigil of Mischief is in the preview panel for the new Wintersday Gifts and it drops at a rate of about 2 per 25k bags. (Admittedly a tiny rate.)

As I've said in other threads, the sources for Mischief might be tiny, but the demand goes down each year overall, because it's a one time requirement. In addition, the cost of drinks has dropped considerably compared to past years, so the overall cost of Winter's Presence is down a little compared to previous years.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > They drop from presents, so...

> >

> > Also you can purchase the minor versions and use the Mystic Well to upgrade them. It's just a question of if you're willing/able to buy enough...

>

> It's still far cheaper to buy the sigils on the TP than to upgrade them yourself.

dwayna bless all the selfless investors, who list these items far below crafting value, when the player base needs them most.

> > @"Keira Wildflower.7304" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Electro.4173" said:

> > > > Zero use outside of the achieve? Snowfall Runes are admittedly useless, but Sigil of Mischief isn't terrible. Free blind on weapon swap can be handy, I actually use it my Elementalist for a little extra defense. Not "meta" or anything, but useable.

> > > >

> > > > I'd love to see them get re-added to the drop lists, or at the very least allow them to be crafted. I've still got about 15 or so lying around, but if / when I ever run out I'm not looking forward to paying tons of gold to get more.

> > >

> > > The sigil is still on the drop table from wintersday gifts.

> >

> > Superior Sigil of Generosity is in the Wintersday Gift, not Mischief.

>

> Sigil of Mischief is in the preview panel for the new Wintersday Gifts and it drops at a rate of about **2 per 25k bags.** (Admittedly a tiny rate.)

>

> As I've said in other threads, the sources for Mischief might be tiny, but the demand goes down each year overall, because it's a one time requirement. In addition, the cost of drinks has dropped considerably compared to past years, so the overall cost of Winter's Presence is down a little compared to previous years.

They made another sample of 50k gifts and got 13 sigils. Still a tiny rate but over 3 times higher than in the 25k sample.

> @"Wanze.8410" said:

> They made another sample of 50k gifts and got 13 sigils. Still a tiny rate but over 3 times higher than in the 25k sample.

I saw that (PS thanks for including the summary in r/gw2economy). That totals to 15 mischiefs out of 78k gifts or 1 in about 21 stacks. That's definitely low, but it's also 15 sigils more per 78k gifts than we had last year.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Electro.4173" said:

> > Zero use outside of the achieve? Snowfall Runes are admittedly useless, but Sigil of Mischief isn't terrible. Free blind on weapon swap can be handy, I actually use it my Elementalist for a little extra defense. Not "meta" or anything, but useable.

> >

> > I'd love to see them get re-added to the drop lists, or at the very least allow them to be crafted. I've still got about 15 or so lying around, but if / when I ever run out I'm not looking forward to paying tons of gold to get more.

>

> The sigil is still on the drop table from wintersday gifts.

Sigil of Mischief has a super low drop rate. I've opened over 3000 gifts this year so far and only got 1 sigil . :(

There was no need to replace Old snowflakes with new ones except to PO a bunch of players.

You would think looking at the history of the price of sigils and runes the price might go down, but if greed wins out it might not for the next couple of years with these low drop rates. Maybe in another 3 years anet will shake thing up again. :(

I expect prices to skyrocket post Wintersday. It's currently about 779g to buy mystic coins, sigils and runes off TP (buy) and about minimum 1450g to craft everything with mystic coins just for those 3 items you need from the mystic toilet. Just seems insane.

While in total its still prolly around1kg or a little less. But i'm a farmer and was expecting to be able to grind it out this Wintersday and finish farming the sigils and runes myself and this TP/buy from vendor method is just **sad**.

I like many thought getting the drinks was the toughest things. nopes. NOT anymore. JP is way too easy and that's not even the full price of Winter's Presence. uhhg. Another 5 years and maybe i'll finish it. Oh but i probs won't be playing this anymore. :/

• 2 weeks later...

If it had a decent drop rate i would grind it, but i would have to sell a single stack for 1 sigil. That doesn't include runes, mystic coins, etc. Arena Net has no reason to not flood the market with them. It doesn't effect Arena Net in the slightest. It is worthless outside of a small group of people, and those of us that want the skin for our characters.

> @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> I expect prices to skyrocket post Wintersday.

I don't. I doubled down on history repeating itself, with the price going down because all the impatient people have paid their premium to have their shiny today rather than tomorrow. Even though the drop rate last year was _less_ for the sigil (i.e. zero) and the same for the rune (i.e. 0), the price went down after the festival was over.

> > @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> > I expect prices to skyrocket post Wintersday.

> I don't. I doubled down on history repeating itself, with the price going down because all the impatient people have paid their premium to have their shiny today rather than tomorrow. Even though the drop rate last year was _less_ for the sigil (i.e. zero) and the same for the rune (i.e. 0), the price went down after the festival was over.

at least for the sigil, there is other demand than for the shoulder skin, you need 1 sigil for the star of gratitude questline and now fo the eggnogg helmet. Especially the demand for the star of gratitude is only temporary.

• 11 months later...