100 CM is no longer fun

> @"Hex.2579" said:

> i do actually like the bug more cuz i was on my chrono. distort at the right time so our auramancer didn't even have to use rebound. but now everything is working as intended, it's interesting. need some time getting used to, but not totally impossible.

>

> the anomaly mechanic is like echoes in 99cm. you need good dps for this phase or wipe. i don't see any problem with it regarding timers.

> i also don't see any problem with breakbar since your special action skill is a hard cc. 2 people jump on him and back up cc is enough to break that bar. unless nobody utilize that skill. if we wipe, we'd tell people where to go. person who stays at mid won't have blooms, so that one needs plenty of cc just for backup if anomaly happens to spawn with blooms.

>

> i'd say stop playing "according to youtube" and start playing what appears in-game and come with patches.

>

The designer said he accidentally lowered the timer, and he may have only noticed because of this conversation.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Sharen Graves.1276" said:

> Really?? try being color blind. I cant do any of the new fractals because of all the mechanics going off at one time. So when they are in the rotation I skip fractals for the day...

Ah. It's minimal colour really they are using.. circle and ball on head of the boss or eye.. I don't think they rely on colour.. you can recognise the mechanic pattern.. even if just black and white ..but again I wouldn't be able to know unless I'm colour blind myself..

> @"Hex.2579" said:

> > @"Adamantium.3682" said:

> > The designer said he accidentally lowered the timer, and he may have only noticed because of this conversation.

> i still don't see much of a difference tbh. but eh good i guess.

>

Nah did it with condi drud and necro we had plenty of time.

With anomalies being faster, and that being intended, it seems like their intention is to officially bump power dps from simply being the better option to being the only real option for fractals. I can't see very many groups (outside of stubborn/masochistic guild statics or whatever) ever taking a condi dps for 100CM now, especially if you're pugging... Which means there's literally no reason to put your AR on a condi class. Which means fractals are officially zerk-or-die status like nilla dungeons.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> With anomalies being faster, and that being intended, it seems like their intention is to officially bump power dps from simply being the better option to being the only real option for fractals. I can't see very many groups (outside of stubborn/masochistic guild statics or whatever) ever taking a condi dps for 100CM now, especially if you're pugging... Which means there's literally no reason to put your AR on a condi class. Which means fractals are officially zerk-or-die status like nilla dungeons.

You're around 2 weeks behind now. Anomalies last longer after the latest patch. It was doable with condis before and even better now if enough/all players are going for them and not staying brainlessly at Arkk to dps him like there's no morning.

In some of my latest pug runs I met some of those players and I also saw wipes because both power dps stood in the middle and didn't care in the slightest. ^^

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > With anomalies being faster, and that being intended, it seems like their intention is to officially bump power dps from simply being the better option to being the only real option for fractals. I can't see very many groups (outside of stubborn/masochistic guild statics or whatever) ever taking a condi dps for 100CM now, especially if you're pugging... Which means there's literally no reason to put your AR on a condi class. Which means fractals are officially zerk-or-die status like nilla dungeons.

>

> You're around 2 weeks behind now. Anomalies last longer after the latest patch. It was doable with condis before and even better now if enough/all players are going for them and not staying brainlessly at Arkk to dps him like there's no morning.

> In some of my latest pug runs I met some of those players and I also saw wipes because both power dps stood in the middle and didn't care in the slightest. ^^

So when they said it was intended, it wasn't? Or they just decided to nerf it? Lulz...

Either way, I need to pay more attention to comment dates on these threads that get risen from the dead. :tongue:

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > With anomalies being faster, and that being intended, it seems like their intention is to officially bump power dps from simply being the better option to being the only real option for fractals. I can't see very many groups (outside of stubborn/masochistic guild statics or whatever) ever taking a condi dps for 100CM now, especially if you're pugging... Which means there's literally no reason to put your AR on a condi class. Which means fractals are officially zerk-or-die status like nilla dungeons.

> >

> > You're around 2 weeks behind now. Anomalies last longer after the latest patch. It was doable with condis before and even better now if enough/all players are going for them and not staying brainlessly at Arkk to dps him like there's no morning.

> > In some of my latest pug runs I met some of those players and I also saw wipes because both power dps stood in the middle and didn't care in the slightest. ^^

>

> So when they said it was intended, it wasn't? Or they just decided to nerf it? Lulz...

>

> Either way, I need to pay more attention to comment dates on these threads that get risen from the dead. :tongue:

Read up the devepoper comments.

It was never intended for anomalies to be so short. Reverting them back to previous length was simply fixing a bug (I think actually now they even have an extra second or two) and the main reasoning is to make condi-based DPS builds capable of killing the anomaly consistently.

Btw. now that we have a lot of time to kill the anomaly, DPS players SHOULD always (or in most cases) stay in the middle and focus primarily on the boss. As a weaver, aiming your plasma blast on the anomaly (through the boss obviously) and sacrificing 1 lava font should be more than enough to kill it. This is especially true when you have condi warrior in your party (as opposed to power spellbreaker), because he can and SHOULD aim F1s from sword and longbow to cleave anomaly along with the boss. Not only this lets warrior get better cleave dps, but it also increases his DPS to boss, because hitting anomaly allows you to build up furious stacks faster. From my experience, it's perfectly possible to solo kill anomaly as condi war and unless you're stuck in a bad part of your rotation (where only sword AA is available) it actually increases the whole party's damage significantly.

So yeah with competent warrior, DPS players should pretty much never touch the anomaly, because it's better for them as well as the warrior. With a terrible warrior, you will have to sacrifice a lot of your DPS or maybe consider replacing him with someone competent.

> @"Tarasicodissa.7084" said:

> It was never intended for anomalies to be so short. Reverting them back to previous length was simply fixing a bug (I think actually now they even have an extra second or two) and the main reasoning is to make condi-based DPS builds capable of killing the anomaly consistently.

>

> Btw. now that we have a lot of time to kill the anomaly, DPS players SHOULD always (or in most cases) stay in the middle and focus primarily on the boss. As a weaver, aiming your plasma blast on the anomaly (through the boss obviously) and sacrificing 1 lava font should be more than enough to kill it. This is especially true when you have condi warrior in your party (as opposed to power spellbreaker), because he can and SHOULD aim F1s from sword and longbow to cleave anomaly along with the boss. Not only this lets warrior get better cleave dps, but it also increases his DPS to boss, because hitting anomaly allows you to build up furious stacks faster. From my experience, it's perfectly possible to solo kill anomaly as condi war and unless you're stuck in a bad part of your rotation (where only sword AA is available) it actually increases the whole party's damage significantly.

> So yeah with competent warrior, DPS players should pretty much never touch the anomaly, because it's better for them as well as the warrior. With a terrible warrior, you will have to sacrifice a lot of your DPS or maybe consider replacing him with someone competent.

It is never ever possible to solo clear the anomaly as a warrior if you are out of berserker modus and don't have torch 4 & 5 available, not even one of them alone is enough. And yes, to lay down a lava font shouldbe the minimum for a weaver but there is also no reason to not leave Arkk since you lose so little dps when turning at anomaly. It's just a cheap excuse and most players I've seen were also bad in dps'ing Arkk in terms of numbers.

Fact is: Killing the anomaly is the easiest thing for dps classes and not for war, druid and chrono they already have so little to do and if dps players are not capable of doing their task they don't deserve the kill. If the anomaly cannot be killed in time only both dps classes are to blame.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> btw... its only from the last two days, @ ARK during split phase, the orb can get stuck on a position and not moving with the player, kicking, pushing and attacking it will move it tho but it stay static otherwise. i think this is a bug.

LET THE POOR MAN TAKE A DAY OFF. jk :p but damn

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> If you push an orb *behind* a pillar it's still possible that it will stuck there and you either gg or die some seconds later because the mechanic says so. ^^

no vinceman :P we are not noob :P the orb stop in the middle of no where not moving at all. we have to push instead of letting it move with us. .. I usually run towards pillar and plant the orb there, then dodge out. with this little baby bug.. we just manually push it to the pillar instead because the orb was stuck and not moving (stuck as in outside the pillar.. but stuck behind the pillar)

by the way, the bug was only exp on the 1st of feb and 2 days before that. .. I didn't not experience this bug now.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > If you push an orb *behind* a pillar it's still possible that it will stuck there and you either gg or die some seconds later because the mechanic says so. ^^

>

> no vinceman :P we are not noob :P the orb stop in the middle of no where not moving at all. we have to push instead of letting it move with us. .. I usually run towards pillar and plant the orb there, then dodge out. with this little baby bug.. we just manually push it to the pillar instead because the orb was stuck and not moving (stuck as in outside the pillar.. but stuck behind the pillar)

I understood that. But my post stands. If you push an orb behind it it'll stuck. Should be fixed, that's all.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > If you push an orb *behind* a pillar it's still possible that it will stuck there and you either gg or die some seconds later because the mechanic says so. ^^

> >

> > no vinceman :P we are not noob :P the orb stop in the middle of no where not moving at all. we have to push instead of letting it move with us. .. I usually run towards pillar and plant the orb there, then dodge out. with this little baby bug.. we just manually push it to the pillar instead because the orb was stuck and not moving (stuck as in outside the pillar.. but stuck behind the pillar)

>

> I understood that. But my post stands. If you push an orb behind it it'll stuck. Should be fixed, that's all.

I remember it was worst that it can get stuck on the side of platform before but after few fixes it's performing much better.

I hvnt exp the problem with it stuck on pilIar like you mentioned.. i guess maybe disabling auto attack for this boss might avoid this xD sometimes auto attack can stuff up orb pushing. I prefer to drag it to pillar instead and then dodge out aoe after. Or only hit with one hit near pillar..