Superior Sigil of Mischief

xxlenxx.8706

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Mischief_(rare)

4 minors + 4 coins + 4 tiny snowflakes (was that recipe ever updated?) and 4 things of dust. = 1 major.

4 majors + 4 coins + 4 pristine snowflakes (again was this recipe ever updated?) and 4 things of dust = 1 sup.

so that is 20 coins for just one sup.

other wise, they will drop from wintersday gifts, however the drop rate is very very dismal.

you can buy minors from the wintersday vendor.

> @"Adagia.2134" said:

> Very dismal indeed. I have opened up enough gift boxes to drink 1400 holiday drinks, but haven't yet seen a single sigil.

The drop rate is indeed lower than low. From [78k worth of data that I've collected](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21106/wintersday-gift-values-2017-edition), only 15 sigils dropped. (Coincidentally, only 15 Mini Toxxes dropped, too. But its price hovers around 30-50s, because it's not required for any collections.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Adagia.2134" said:

> > Very dismal indeed. I have opened up enough gift boxes to drink 1400 holiday drinks, but haven't yet seen a single sigil.

>

> The drop rate is indeed lower than low. From [78k worth of data that I've collected](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21106/wintersday-gift-values-2017-edition), only 15 sigils dropped. (Coincidentally, only 15 Mini Toxxes dropped, too. But its price hovers around 30-50s, because it's not required for any collections.)

Very interesting data.

Last year I got lucky to get 1 of the aquabreathers, I had no idea how lucky I had gotten though. 3 drops in 78k boxes? That honestly sounds like a mistake its so low :/

15 sigils out of 78k gifts as well. They migth as well not be dropping then. Since you need 50 sigils for winter's pressence or whatever its called, that means that on average more than 259,000 gifts have to be opened to obtain enough sigils for even a single person to craft winter's presence.

Call me cheap or whatever else you want to, but that is not acceptable to me. Simply not acceptable.

• 2 months later...

> @"Bamm.6975" said:

> Why are these worth so much now? I have a stack of 250 in my bank. I have not played in about 3 years. Looks like a hit a jackpot!

Gz! Save 50 for yourself and sell the rest. Price history suggests you can get at least 7.5g each "now" and closer to 8.5g if you're patient. If you're even more patient, the price might spike again next Wintersday... or ANet might release a new source, in which case, oops.

I sold mine at just under 9g each, which means I can repurchase them at even 7.5g and still have earned some profit, while getting to gobble them up for the achievement. However, (also based on price history), I expect the price to drop more in a few months.