Guild Wars 1 Purchase Help

Been thinking about getting GW1 for 3 main reasons.

1. Heard I can solo it.

2. To see some of the lore and story I seem to not get at all within this game.

3. I want some of the extras from linking GW1 to GW2.

The issue I'm seeing is I'm not sure what I'm buying.

I'm looking through Steam and I see this:

![](https://i.imgur.com/KJ8okKF.png "")

Trilogy say it's the main game, Nightfall, and Factions, which means it doesn't have Eye of the North

Not fully understand what the GOTY edition is exactly. Does it have any thing within it? Doesn't look like it comes with any expansions or anything.

Eye of the North I would assume I have to get separate?

The trilogy option contains Prophecies(the first one which is what you will get with the goty edition), Factions, and Nightfall. If you do not own all 3 this is the best option.

The goty edition just comes with weapons mostly and a little fire imp you can summon. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_of_the_Year_Upgrade

Eye of the North is the only expansion GW1 received and you must own any of the campaigns(listed above) to use it.

Edit: Changed it from cosmetics to weapons. Typically upgrades like that just give skins but these were actual weapons.

If you can find a hardcopy at a game store, you can probably get the entire 4 campaigns for like 6 bucks all together. Just don't buy a used copy, it's still a digital download and all you're buying is a serial number.

To me, those prices look outrageous for a 12 year old game, even if I consider it to be a top 10 of all time. Although if you want simplicity, definitely get the trilogy one and you'll only miss out on the Eye of the North campaign.

From that list, get Trilogy + Eye of the North for US$50 total.

* You need EotN to earn points to link to GW2

* It's much easier to earn points with all the campaigns available to you; you are severely hindered without all three.

* Trilogy used to the freebies from the GotY edition.

It's harder to find unopened legit copies for less, but it sometimes happens. I got EotN for US$20 and Platinum for $10 (which includes EotN), but that was long before GW2 was released.

> @"trianglecubed.3750" said:

> Related to this and building on it, to be completely clear...

> If these items are purchased will there be any issues linking this account to the Gw2 account because it's a steam purchase? I just want to be sure that it doesn't only work if you buy it from Anet/NCsoft directly or something.

Steam only delivers the game and the key. Once you booted the launcher, you choose create an account or add serial key. Create an account that uses the same emailadress as your GW2 account. Then it should be no problem to link them together

I bought mine directly from Anet years ago.

http://store.guildwars.com/store/gw/cat/categoryID.67871700

I went with the Trilogy and Platinum games. It appears to be a better option than what’s available on Steam if you want the extras from the GOTY.

Otherwise you can get the trilogy and expansion off steam while purchasing the GOTY items from Anet for an extra $5. Buying from Anet provides more value though.