How to play the meta Firebrand bunker build?

JeetyWeety.2948

I've been trying to play the Firebrand bunker build at https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Mantra_Bunker . I used to think of bunker builds as high health builds that stay on a point and can win 1 v 1s on that point, but this build seems more like a support build that should follow the group around and be used in group fights for healing and aegis. Is that correct? This build can't really do any damage. How should this build be played?

This is how i played Pre nerf on heal tome skill 4 :

In tome of courage I mostly try to use skill 5 and sit in protection, and skill 4 to negate condis trying to use them as slowly as possible to extend the tome out as far as possible. This is in general theres a few uses for skill one to be used but im not writing a full on guide atm. skill 3 is situational.

In tome of healing use mostly skill 2 and 4 on this tome sometimes 5. However skill 4 has been nerfed from a good burst heal that had a good chance/area of healing allies so now skill one is more relevant but still not as good at burst healing multiple allies. Noone stays inside the water field of skill 4 so it needed to be a burst IF you did manage to hit them.

Camping mid works most games, fighting w/allies.

Rarely played it at all since the nerf on skill 4 it was far superior to skill one for hitting 3+ allies.

You should always be in the teamfights, and heal/cleanse/res your teammates, especially scourges. You can also 2v2 pretty much anything with a scourge on your side. Bunkering a point in 1v1 is not your job, even though it might be necessary once in a while. Always try to switch with a better situated class (Druid, Spellbreaker) in that situation though.