New Skirmish Items, Bad prices.

X T D.6458

I just noticed two 2 items available from the skirmish supervisor, at least new to me I don't know when they were added. One item is the Mist capacitor, which can change the stats on Mists trinkets, similar to how the bloodstone capacitor works from Bloodstone Fen. The other is called "Memory Gobbler" which consumes 50 memories of battles per use, up to 5 times per day.

The Mist capacitor costs 250 memories of battle EACH, that is over 10g if you buy them on the TP. For many of us, having memories of battle on hand is not an issue but this price is ridiculous when compared to its pve counterpart, which only costs 100 unbound magic and can be easily obtained for free in minutes. This item should be available for badges not memories since they are single use. The memory gobbler costs 350 tickets and 250 memories, I can live with that. But why does it have to consume memories and not badges?

Yeah, i never understood the memory gobbler thing. Memories of battle are super rare and only the most hardcore players will have them on hand at any time. And then you said it consumes 50 of them 5 times per day? Even the most grindy hardcore players will deplete their supply in 2 days with that amount lol.

Do you get something good at least in return? Something worth 10g?

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> Yeah, i never understood the memory gobbler thing. Memories of battle are super rare and only the most hardcore players will have them on hand at any time. And then you said it consumes 50 of them 5 times per day? Even the most grindy hardcore players will deplete their supply in 2 days with that amount lol.

>

> Do you get something good at least in return? Something worth 10g?

Oh I didn't buy it, I just noticed it, looked it up on wiki and thought to myself...what the heck...

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > Yeah, i never understood the memory gobbler thing. Memories of battle are super rare and only the most hardcore players will have them on hand at any time. And then you said it consumes 50 of them 5 times per day? Even the most grindy hardcore players will deplete their supply in 2 days with that amount lol.

> >

> > Do you get something good at least in return? Something worth 10g?

>

> Oh I didn't buy it, I just noticed it, looked it up on wiki and thought to myself...what the heck...

>

I know you didn't buy it, lol, i doubt anyone did. :sweat_smile: I was just wondering in general just like you, what the purpose of this gobbler is. Most gobblers take some items that are in overabundance. Memories of battle are not common.

Also, according to the wki you get this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Timeless_Bag_of_Items

Now i'm more confused as to the purpose of the gobbler, none of those things are worth anything. You're better off selling memories of battle on the TP.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > Yeah, i never understood the memory gobbler thing. Memories of battle are super rare and only the most hardcore players will have them on hand at any time. And then you said it consumes 50 of them 5 times per day? Even the most grindy hardcore players will deplete their supply in 2 days with that amount lol.

> > >

> > > Do you get something good at least in return? Something worth 10g?

> >

> > Oh I didn't buy it, I just noticed it, looked it up on wiki and thought to myself...what the heck...

> >

>

> I know you didn't buy it, lol, i doubt anyone did. :sweat_smile: I was just wondering in general just like you, what the purpose of this gobbler is. Most gobblers take some items that are in overabundance. Memories of battle are not common.

Lol sorry I misread, thought you asked if I got something good from them. They are just another version of the daily consumable items like Mawdrey, Princess, Sentient items etc and give standard junk. What I don't understand is why they chose memories instead of badges of honor. I also think the price is a little too high, a lot of the items cost too many tickets. It would not be an issue if there wasn't a weekly limit. But since we have one, they really should take a look at the costs.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Ahh.., but the were... they dropped to about 1.5 silver on the TP about the same time the gobbler came out... now that items for them came out, price is back to 3.5-4 silver.

>

> Are you sure it wasn't legendary armor?

I am not sure. I purchased 10-12 stacks when it was in that range. But, as armor and the gobbler came out, prices have gone up. I think the armor was the real trigger like you said though.

When Anet popped the gobbler out on a consumable, I figured I'd take a chance on them.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > Ahh.., but the were... they dropped to about 1.5 silver on the TP about the same time the gobbler came out... now that items for them came out, price is back to 3.5-4 silver.

> >

> > Are you sure it wasn't legendary armor?

>

> I am not sure. I purchased 10-12 stacks when it was in that range. But, as armor and the gobbler came out, prices have gone up. I think the armor was the real trigger like you said though.

>

> When Anet popped the gobbler out on a consumable, I figured I'd take a chance on them.

I have never even heard anyone mention the memory gobbler. I didn't even know it existed until tonight, so I have no clue when it came out.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > Ahh.., but the were... they dropped to about 1.5 silver on the TP about the same time the gobbler came out... now that items for them came out, price is back to 3.5-4 silver.

> > >

> > > Are you sure it wasn't legendary armor?

> >

> > I am not sure. I purchased 10-12 stacks when it was in that range. But, as armor and the gobbler came out, prices have gone up. I think the armor was the real trigger like you said though.

> >

> > When Anet popped the gobbler out on a consumable, I figured I'd take a chance on them.

>

> I have never even heard anyone mention the memory gobbler. I didn't even know it existed until tonight, so I have no clue when it came out.

I want to say June.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > Yeah, i never understood the memory gobbler thing. Memories of battle are super rare and only the most hardcore players will have them on hand at any time. And then you said it consumes 50 of them 5 times per day? Even the most grindy hardcore players will deplete their supply in 2 days with that amount lol.

> > > >

> > > > Do you get something good at least in return? Something worth 10g?

> > >

> > > Oh I didn't buy it, I just noticed it, looked it up on wiki and thought to myself...what the heck...

> > >

> >

> > I know you didn't buy it, lol, i doubt anyone did. :sweat_smile: I was just wondering in general just like you, what the purpose of this gobbler is. Most gobblers take some items that are in overabundance. Memories of battle are not common.

>

> Lol sorry I misread, thought you asked if I got something good from them. They are just another version of the daily consumable items like Mawdrey, Princess, Sentient items etc and give standard junk. What I don't understand is why they chose memories instead of badges of honor. I also think the price is a little too high, a lot of the items cost too many tickets. It would not be an issue if there wasn't a weekly limit. But since we have one, they really should take a look at the costs.

Yeah, badges of honor would be better.

Or maybe if the memory gobbler would give out skirmish tickets instead of Masterwork gear, then i'd understand it's purpose. Then you can at least grind gold to buy tickets for your gear, that would be ok for the impatient people, memories aren't cheap, but you can gobble a stack for some tickets a day. But this? I'm drowning in masterwork gear lol, and all they can come up with for the memory gobbler to do is give masterwork gear and some mats... And since memories of battle are quite rare, i doubt anyone even bought the gobbler, let alone uses it.