How to get more buttonz

Zagerus.8675

I use a combination of shift with Z X and C.

From memory:

Z = Raptor

Shift Z = Bunny

X = Jackal

Shift X = Skimmer

C = Griffin

V = Special mount action

With the Griffon, V acts as dive and Space works as wing flap + Mastery dive flap. C acts as "gain altitude" also. This is convenient because C V and Space are all next to each other and Griffon is often the most important mount aside From Jackal which is the flat surface mount of choice.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Are you suggesting that we use our toes to alt letter or cntrl letter? Because I don’t think my toesies are going to do that sort of thing.

It's basically just a foot pedal if you take off all the other keys. You don't need dexterity, you just need some part of your foot to push the button down.

I actually make pretty extensive use of cntrl combos, but I use my hands to do it. Not sure why you'd want to use your foot, but I didn't watch the video very carefully.

> @"Fluffball.8307" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > Are you suggesting that we use our toes to alt letter or cntrl letter? Because I don’t think my toesies are going to do that sort of thing.

>

> It's basically just a foot pedal if you take off all the other keys. You don't need dexterity, you just need some part of your foot to push the button down.

>

> I actually make pretty extensive use of cntrl combos, but I use my hands to do it. Not sure why you'd want to use your foot, but I didn't watch the video very carefully

He was using his feet in that video. I’m not sure why other than he didn’t want to use his hands for the alt/cntrl and letter keypush.

_________

As for me I use C for whatever mount is currently selected then use to switch between the four mounts the keys, O P [ ] (Hopper, Skimmer, Jackal, Raptor]

Much as I dislike combo keys, at least mounts de facto won't happen in combat so I have time to do it and needn't spam the combos to the detriment of my tendons. So here's my setup:

Mount action key 1 is on B. That way Space remains jump (or flap on griffon). B happens to be my Dodge key -- I suggest making your Mount 1 your Dodge as the same key can do double duty here and keyboard real estate is hard to come by when you hate combos.

For griffon, Mount action key 2 is on V, conveniently next to the B and the Space since all three need fast use for things like Griffon Adventures.

X is default mount, which I set to Raptor on all my alts since that has the most overall utility across maps.

Then I have to combo:

Shift-S for **S**pringer

Shift-D for Jackal (**D**og -- I need mnemonics!)

Shift-Z for, um, **Z**kimmer (curse the two mounts sharing a first letter)

Shift-A for the **A**ll-mount, the Griffon, since that's closer and easier than Shift-G

If I'm swapping between mounts, hitting the combo for the mount I want dismounts me so I just double tap the new key while holding Shift rather than hit X then the new combo. Eg I'm on Raptor and need Springer: While running on my raptor (I use LMB/RMB mouse press to move forward and mouse side buttons to strafe/back up, hurray for the Naga HEX) I press Shift-S-S (sometimes there must be a brief pause on cd before the second press) and I'm on my springer.