What is your favorite legendary weapon skin?

Evil.1580

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dreamer.

Rainbow Unicorns forever. It was my first legendary, though it was definitely not my last, finding out that each unicorn had an ANet logo stamped on its hindquarter was giggleworthy, and though I have a few more now there will always be a place in my heart for EHEHEHEHEHE PONIES as I shoot things.

Eternity is my personal favorite, for sheer looks, but if I had to include what the weapon looks like when you use it, I'd actually have to go with HOPE. The sounds really make the weapon for me, and I just love using it on my DD. I also find DD with Nevermore to be hilarious because the ghostly ravens' size scales with the size of whatever you're smacking, so you just get an explosion of ravens everywhere. It's silly, but fun, and I like fun in my games.

Why you didn't include all of them? Polls only allow for a certain amount of options or something?

As for me, I think most of the legendaries are good, but I care too much about theme and identity and thus far none have fit my characters. Plus, I really don't like particle effects for the sake of particle effects. On some, the particle effects have a clear explanation or for a theme, on others they feel extremely forced.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> **Frostfang **because it is the only remotely Norn-related Legendary in the game....

>

> I just wish there was... more to it. It is a joke in comparison to the flashier legendaries!

What? The bifrost is directly taken from Norse mythology. And although the moot is a joke weapon, and not even a good one at that, it is still a Norn themed and named weapon. Plus, technically frostfang isn't norn themed, it's themed after Jormag, the Norns public enemy number one.

> @Conncept.7638 said:

> Why you didn't include all of them? Polls only allow for a certain amount of options or something?

>

> As for me, I think there are quite a few that are good, but I care too much about theme and identity and thus far none have fit my characters.

>

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > **Frostfang **because it is the only remotely Norn-related Legendary in the game....

> >

> > I just wish there was... more to it. It is a joke in comparison to the flashier legendaries!

>

> What? The bifrost is directly taken from Norse mythology. And although the moot is a joke weapon, and not even a good one at that, it is still a Norn themed and named home weapon.

Well, Warriors cannot (sadly) bonk people upside the head with a staff so Bifrost slipped my notice...

> @Conncept.7638 said:

> Why you didn't include all of them? Polls only allow for a certain amount of options or something?

>

> As for me, I think there are quite a few that are good, but I care too much about theme and identity and thus far none have fit my characters.

>

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > **Frostfang **because it is the only remotely Norn-related Legendary in the game....

> >

> > I just wish there was... more to it. It is a joke in comparison to the flashier legendaries!

>

> What? The bifrost is directly taken from Norse mythology. And although the moot is a joke weapon, and not even a good one at that, it is still a Norn themed and named home weapon.

There's also Nevermore. Considering Raven is one of the major Spirits the norn follow I think that can be considered norn themed too.

(Polls only allow a maximum of 10 options.)

> @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> Bolt is beautiful; Its simple shape gives way to much finer details upon closer inspection, and the electric aura and footfalls are great. The only downside is that the projectiles launched with Bolt equipped are just models of itself. I also wish that the electric sound effect were more frequent and varied.

I actually find Bolt better than The Shining Blade. At least its effects. > @Conncept.7638 said:

>

> As for me, I think most of the legendaries are good, but I care too much about theme and identity and thus far none have fit my characters. Plus, I really don't like particle effects for the sake of particle effects. On some, the particle effects have a clear explanation or for a theme, on others they feel extremely forced.

>

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> >

>

> What? The bifrost is directly taken from Norse mythology. And although the moot is a joke weapon, and not even a good one at that, it is still a Norn themed and named weapon. Plus, technically frostfang isn't norn themed, it's themed after Jormag, the Norns public enemy number one.

Yes, 10 options for the poll are max

BTW where did you take that info about The Bitfrost?

The Shining Blade, which I finished last Friday for my main, who is male human noble Mesmer. I see it as a beacon of respect in some way: something I wanted to accomplish for him. I'm planning on quitting after PoF and finally finishing a raid boss, so it's also an ideal send off to my Guild Wars 2 journey.

I have **The Predator**and **Frostfang** and I think they are both great in terms of visuals.

I wish I could change **Frostfang** into **Flametongue** by reassigning the Ice rune with a Fire Rune.

**The Predator** just looks AWESOME as a rifle.

I wish I had the patience/skill/stuff to make **Nevermore**. I'm a huge fan of Edgar Allan Poe's works.

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > Bolt is beautiful; Its simple shape gives way to much finer details upon closer inspection, and the electric aura and footfalls are great. The only downside is that the projectiles launched with Bolt equipped are just models of itself. I also wish that the electric sound effect were more frequent and varied.

>

> I actually find Bolt better than The Shining Blade. At least its effects. > @Conncept.7638 said:

>

> > Why you didn't include all of them? Polls only allow for a certain amount of options or something?

> >

> > As for me, I think most of the legendaries are good, but I care too much about theme and identity and thus far none have fit my characters. Plus, I really don't like particle effects for the sake of particle effects. On some, the particle effects have a clear explanation or for a theme, on others they feel extremely forced.

> >

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > **Frostfang **because it is the only remotely Norn-related Legendary in the game....

> > >

> > > I just wish there was... more to it. It is a joke in comparison to the flashier legendaries!

> >

> > What? The bifrost is directly taken from Norse mythology. And although the moot is a joke weapon, and not even a good one at that, it is still a Norn themed and named weapon. Plus, technically frostfang isn't norn themed, it's themed after Jormag, the Norns public enemy number one.

>

> Yes, 10 options for the poll are max

>

> BTW where did you take that info about The Bitfrost?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifr%C3%B6st

"In Norse mythology, Bifröst (or sometimes Bilröst or Bivrost) is a burning rainbow bridge that reaches between Midgard (Earth) and Asgard, the realm of the gods." It also featured in the Marvel Thor movies (although then it was more sparkly/shiny glass than rainbows).

And since the Norn are heavily influenced by norse mythology it seems logical than GW2's Bifrost would be related. The first part of the precursor collection actually has you investigating Jotun runestones and gathering fragments of a relic called the Jotun Star, and then bring it to a place called Heimdahl's Last Stand - another legendary Norse figure.

The Dreamer is my favorite - all kinds of cool animations and sounds - rainbow uniponies are awesome. Close second would be Frostfang, the precursor for which I received as a gift and was pleasantly surprised by. The iceps are awesome on an Asura, and the footfalls, trails and impact sounds are cool too. Oh, and the shark spear crit animation is spectacular.

> @Chadramar.8156 said:

> Easy: Nevermore. I don't like many of the legendaries to begin with, but Nevermore looks great and I hear the journey is a lot of fun too. Runner-up is Chuka and Champawat for the same reason, though I don't like its aesthetics as much.

A lot of people like Nevermore. I don't really like it - it is not shiny as The Bitfrost. It has this dark-themed design but I don't feel it very special. Sure, not shiny doesn't mean it's bad and it will probably fit a lot of dark/creepy outfits/armors, the quest to get your bird is nice also, but that's all - the skin itself is not very special. Just my opinion but The Bitfrost has more detail and feel more like a legendary.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> **Frostfang **because it is the only remotely Norn-related Legendary in the game....

>

> I just wish there was... more to it. It is a joke in comparison to the flashier legendaries!

It's not the only one suffering from "a lack of flashy-ness" compared to others. I own Howler, and everytime get mad at how the footsteps are almost invisible and there is no effect whatsoever on your character when it is holstered.

Then again, there are legendaries whose effects are just over-the-top. Hmph.