My Thoughts On Arenanet's Quarterly Earnings

Adry.7512

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> To predict how much arenanet got is going to be very off no matter what. Before pof arenanet gave a number release of how many accounts active However we do not know how many that have been bought. So to give an exact number of anything will be a theory rather than fact. Also we do not know how much arenanet averages per day on gems. And items on the gem store. Which is very key.

>

> As much as we would like to give an opinion how arenanet is doing we truly have no grasp since we have no number or statistics of how many pof of hot expansions be bought since pof launch. We don’t know how many gems been bought since release.

>

> All we know so far is arenanet did give an expansion improvement which is good. Most old players came back. How may? Who knows but it’s still good. I truly believe pof was a success. And think that arenanet did a good job since release. But to determine how they are. We don’t know. We don’t know the number where it says they are doin bad. All we know is l, the only way for them to do bad is when they stop making gw2. And so far they are still adding more things. So I’m assuming they are still profiting

Yes of course.

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

>

> Excelsior.

> When I've been promoted to department manager at my company and had access to the data, I was shocked that my department loses revenue over 1 year straight. I was surprised and asked my (experienced) boss and he said I should stay cool, the market goes up and down. And he was right: My company pulled off a nice campaign and introduced a few products (emphasis on few) and sudenly, +1.5% revenue compared to last year. We refurbished one department, it has gotten an new look and only very minor changes: A whopping +12.4% in sales. The same products. People are just more attracted.

>

> So "being on a steady decline", especially when coming from a top level, does not mean the game dies soon or is doing bad. A quarter is a too small timeframe, and I think this is what the OP means. We also calculate in fiscal years. Or make it very simple: Go check the stock market. You will see bumps here and there, I am German, so I care abou the DAX since I have stocks there, you can also take DOW JONES.

>

> Do the following: Check the Dow Jones, you will see it grew and suddenly dropped off hard today. That happens. People are getting insane now if they had the same mindset as you. But if you just turn on the "all time graph", you will see it is growing since all time. Smaller bumps happens, and they might even take years (Lehman Brothers, financial crisis, etc). Of course aNet won't have an "all time growth", but going insane for one or two years of "decline" is just over-reacting and misleads to false assumptions. The department we had refurbished was on decline, too. Surrounding companies took our market share away, but with just one good investment we got it back. PoF was a high quality expansion to give GW2 mounts, something many people had as requirement to even look at a game. And they did it well. Just wait, it might take e.g. FF14 to do a mistake and people quit and go back to good ol' GW2. I often read in their forums about things GW2, ESO and WoW do better and that they let run their subscription for FF14 out to play one of those games. Consumer bases shift back and forth.

>

> > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

>

> The target audience of GW2 are PvE players. So only a small fraction cares about WvW and sPvP. If this is supposed to be an argument, it's invalid. If it's some random opinion put there to dig deeper into "aNet sucks, GW2 will die" hole, then you're a bit off.

>

>

> ---

> I know many of you guys have good experiences and often diplomas and college education in that matter, but many also just talk random stuff they have no clue about and call the game dying and whatnot. And, as far as I understood the OP right, he is right: It takes time to realize the shift in customers. LoL for example has a bad pre-season right now, and many, many people hate it. Still I don't know about the actual numbers of games played. But I consider to quit LoL after 8 years (!). But it has hasn't happen yet. So my skin I bought for Poppy (10€) will still show up in their next fiscal report while I might actually have already quitted. Look into the numbers in 2 years and you will see people like, that quitted, might cause their numbers to drop. Same for increase of revenue: If people are happy with PoF, they might be attracted and might spend more _- in the future. _

>

> Excelsior.

>

Very good! That’s exactly right!

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > This is recent?

> > > >

> > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > >

> > > Give it a year.

> >

> > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> >

> >

> > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> >

> > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

>

> There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

>

> Excelsior.

> When I've been promoted to department manager at my company and had access to the data, I was shocked that my department loses revenue over 1 year straight. I was surprised and asked my (experienced) boss and he said I should stay cool, the market goes up and down. And he was right: My company pulled off a nice campaign and introduced a few products (emphasis on few) and sudenly, +1.5% revenue compared to last year. We refurbished one department, it has gotten an new look and only very minor changes: A whopping +12.4% in sales. The same products. People are just more attracted.

>

> So "being on a steady decline", especially when coming from a top level, does not mean the game dies soon or is doing bad. A quarter is a too small timeframe, and I think this is what the OP means. We also calculate in fiscal years. Or make it very simple: Go check the stock market. You will see bumps here and there, I am German, so I care abou the DAX since I have stocks there, you can also take DOW JONES.

>

> Do the following: Check the Dow Jones, you will see it grew and suddenly dropped off hard today. That happens. People are getting insane now if they had the same mindset as you. But if you just turn on the "all time graph", you will see it is growing since all time. Smaller bumps happens, and they might even take years (Lehman Brothers, financial crisis, etc). Of course aNet won't have an "all time growth", but going insane for one or two years of "decline" is just over-reacting and misleads to false assumptions. The department we had refurbished was on decline, too. Surrounding companies took our market share away, but with just one good investment we got it back. PoF was a high quality expansion to give GW2 mounts, something many people had as requirement to even look at a game. And they did it well. Just wait, it might take e.g. FF14 to do a mistake and people quit and go back to good ol' GW2. I often read in their forums about things GW2, ESO and WoW do better and that they let run their subscription for FF14 out to play one of those games. Consumer bases shift back and forth.

>

>

> The target audience of GW2 are PvE players. So only a small fraction cares about WvW and sPvP. If this is supposed to be an argument, it's invalid. If it's some random opinion put there to dig deeper into "aNet sucks, GW2 will die" hole, then you're a bit off.

>

>

> ---

> I know many of you guys have good experiences and often diplomas and college education in that matter, but many also just talk random stuff they have no clue about and call the game dying and whatnot. And, as far as I understood the OP right, he is right: It takes time to realize the shift in customers. LoL for example has a bad pre-season right now, and many, many people hate it. Still I don't know about the actual numbers of games played. But I consider to quit LoL after 8 years (!). But it has hasn't happen yet. So my skin I bought for Poppy (10€) will still show up in their next fiscal report while I might actually have already quitted. Look into the numbers in 2 years and you will see people like, that quitted, might cause their numbers to drop. Same for increase of revenue: If people are happy with PoF, they might be attracted and might spend more _- in the future. _

>

> Excelsior.

>

Congratulations to your promotion.

Companies go through rough times and have to soldier on to keep on running. As department manager you surely also know something about product cycles, product placement and the refreshment of products once their life cycle seems to come to an end, which will inevitably happen some day if you are not into stuff like penicilin or bread. Some products seem to cling on forever but don´t(diesel), others burn out so quickly that you have to develop a successor as soon as it is out of the door(IPhone). The fallout of the end of the fossil fuel driven cars will probably be the next really nuclear blow to world commerce until the instrustrial revolution 4.0 causes the next really big crash. Some products you think of soso will blow the market out of the water, others you totally set your trust in blow up in a spectacular fail when delivered to the customer. Product placement and marketing is still a little crystal ball scrying and handweaving beside data collection. The question is here how much fat to you have left to burn before you are forced to throw the towel in.

You mentioned Lehman Brothers. That is a classic but still recent example of a bank, the probably hardest type of company to lead into bancruptcy. All the stones must have not falling only against them but buried them underneath to lead to the collapse of a billion dollar bank, and egos were fed so hard that they turned blind to reality. Its downfall grabbed the crown juwels of the world commerce quite hard for years, Greece is still running on fumes from that crisis years. A company can go bancrupt in a very short time from some stupid decisions and compared to Lehman Brothers, Anet or Nexon are not even dwarfs.

I have no clue if GW2 is healthy, dying or making a loss. I also don´t know how Anet sells that to Nexon who sells it to their shareholders. If there are enough tax revenues, goodwill reasons, PR or other reasons to keep it, they will keep it.

All I know for sure is that I was mildly surprised to see the opinion of a hardcore raider in an advertisement of the recent advertisement campaign I seldomly agree with in pretty much anything. it is only a very minor detail but it already made me cut short the advertisement. Human behaviour is tricky. :)

> @"TheRandomGuy.7246" said:

> For gw2 to make a comeback they will have to relaunch on a new engine or do a complete overhaul of everything. They can release any content they want and aim at whatever group there is but if game has poor performance it will not matter.

The game by no means has poor performance.

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > @"TheRandomGuy.7246" said:

> > For gw2 to make a comeback they will have to relaunch on a new engine or do a complete overhaul of everything. They can release any content they want and aim at whatever group there is but if game has poor performance it will not matter.

>

> The game by no means has poor performance.

>

Just minus reset nights in WvW (since that audience is so small anyway), and I'd agree. There is a fuq ton of particle clutter, and the game leans more on cpu than gpu in general...so I guess that is good performance?

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > This is recent?

> > > > >

> > > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > > >

> > > > Give it a year.

> > >

> > > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> > >

> > > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

> > >

> > > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> > >

> > > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

> >

> > There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

>

> Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

Te past two years has been nothing but hardships for the company, so I wouldn’t consider it a plateau at all. When HOT launched it went through many many hardships that hurt the company including performance. It’s not until NOW, this very moment, that the game is finally on their two feet. Pre POF Anet had finally put HOT in great standards, and now POF has been massively praised for its quality and enhancement of the joy of playing the game. So if you want to be technical, the game has JUST picked itself up, so growth is going to follow in due time.

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > For gw2 to make a comeback they will have to relaunch on a new engine or do a complete overhaul of everything. They can release any content they want and aim at whatever group there is but if game has poor performance it will not matter.

>

> The game by no means has poor performance.

>

It runs more or less ok on low or medium/low. Anything higher in a medium to big group of people will drop fps below 30 pretty fast.

> @"TheRandomGuy.7246" said:

> > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > @"TheRandomGuy.7246" said:

> > > For gw2 to make a comeback they will have to relaunch on a new engine or do a complete overhaul of everything. They can release any content they want and aim at whatever group there is but if game has poor performance it will not matter.

> >

> > The game by no means has poor performance.

> >

>

> It runs more or less ok on low or medium/low. Anything higher in a medium to big group of people will drop fps below 30 pretty fast.

Oh, in that aspect, yea it’s pretty hard. I heard they changed to amazon very recently because they weren’t happy with the performance the previous company offered.

I must admit what happened to Marvel Heroes Online was a wakeup call. After Brevik left, I was kind of worried that something similar would happened here since Colin left too. But Mo and his team have done an outstanding job overall. I'm still having fun. I'm still logging in every day. And I'm still interested with what happens next in the story. I think that's most important.

If players stop playing, then a company should worry about revenue.

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > @"TheRandomGuy.7246" said:

> > > > For gw2 to make a comeback they will have to relaunch on a new engine or do a complete overhaul of everything. They can release any content they want and aim at whatever group there is but if game has poor performance it will not matter.

> > >

> > > The game by no means has poor performance.

> > >

> >

> > It runs more or less ok on low or medium/low. Anything higher in a medium to big group of people will drop fps below 30 pretty fast.

>

> Oh, in that aspect, yea it’s pretty hard. I heard they changed to amazon very recently because they weren’t happy with the performance the previous company offered.

It's certainly not only a matter of server performance but also game engine which is, unfortunately, poorly optimized. It relies too much on CPU and if I remember (but don't quote me) it uses a single thread. Engine also refuses to unload from CPU to GPU. I also seem to recall that Nvidia offered to help but Anet flatly declined.

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > This is recent?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > > > >

> > > > > Give it a year.

> > > >

> > > > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> > > >

> > > > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

> > > >

> > > > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> > > >

> > > > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

> > >

> > > There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

> >

> > Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

>

> Te past two years has been nothing but hardships for the company, so I wouldn’t consider it a plateau at all. When HOT launched it went through many many hardships that hurt the company including performance. It’s not until NOW, this very moment, that the game is finally on their two feet. Pre POF Anet had finally put HOT in great standards, and now POF has been massively praised for its quality and enhancement of the joy of playing the game. So if you want to be technical, the game has JUST picked itself up, so growth is going to follow in due time.

>

Is this like office jargon for HoT was a total screw up?

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> I must admit what happened to Marvel Heroes Online was a wakeup call. After Brevik left, I was kind of worried that something similar would happened here since Colin left too. But Mo and his team have done an outstanding job overall. I'm still having fun. I'm still logging in every day. And I'm still interested with what happens next in the story. I think that's most important.

>

> If players stop playing, then a company should worry about revenue.

i had a lot of time and money invested in MHO once upon a time. all gone now, obviously.

the issue with MHO was that, as part of the Marvel Universe, it was small pennies compared to the films, merchandise and all the other revenue streams. exectuives could, and did, just decide to take the Marvel universe "in another direction." it was closed down without much thought or detriment to the overall umbrella.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > This is recent?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Give it a year.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> > > > >

> > > > > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

> > > > >

> > > > > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

> > > >

> > > > There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

> > >

> > > Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

> >

> > Te past two years has been nothing but hardships for the company, so I wouldn’t consider it a plateau at all. When HOT launched it went through many many hardships that hurt the company including performance. It’s not until NOW, this very moment, that the game is finally on their two feet. Pre POF Anet had finally put HOT in great standards, and now POF has been massively praised for its quality and enhancement of the joy of playing the game. So if you want to be technical, the game has JUST picked itself up, so growth is going to follow in due time.

> >

>

> Is this like office jargon for HoT was a total screw up?

Office jargon?? just read what I wrote.....when HOT launched it was really bad but pre POF they fixed it up and made it a really good xpac. AKA HOT is a good Xpac after they fixed it up.

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > This is recent?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Give it a year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

> > > >

> > > > Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

> > >

> > > Te past two years has been nothing but hardships for the company, so I wouldn’t consider it a plateau at all. When HOT launched it went through many many hardships that hurt the company including performance. It’s not until NOW, this very moment, that the game is finally on their two feet. Pre POF Anet had finally put HOT in great standards, and now POF has been massively praised for its quality and enhancement of the joy of playing the game. So if you want to be technical, the game has JUST picked itself up, so growth is going to follow in due time.

> > >

> >

> > Is this like office jargon for HoT was a total screw up?

>

> Office jargon?? just read what I wrote.....when HOT launched it was really bad but pre POF they fixed it up and made it a really good xpac. AKA HOT is a good Xpac after they fixed it up.

The financials indicate more of a downward trend over the years. HoT month was higher than PoF month by 17m krw. GW2 is the second lowest earner in the NCsoft family. Anet is probably investing more into a future mobile game, as opposed to gw2.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6s1v2u/ncsofts_earnings_report_2q_17_lower_sales_for_gw2/

https://m.imgur.com/IFSwQNw

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSdCa31f7NIAosLZrT8L-4gQykzADmbHI0mm1eqO1uE/htmlview

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > This is recent?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Give it a year.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

> > > >

> > > > Te past two years has been nothing but hardships for the company, so I wouldn’t consider it a plateau at all. When HOT launched it went through many many hardships that hurt the company including performance. It’s not until NOW, this very moment, that the game is finally on their two feet. Pre POF Anet had finally put HOT in great standards, and now POF has been massively praised for its quality and enhancement of the joy of playing the game. So if you want to be technical, the game has JUST picked itself up, so growth is going to follow in due time.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Is this like office jargon for HoT was a total screw up?

> >

> > Office jargon?? just read what I wrote.....when HOT launched it was really bad but pre POF they fixed it up and made it a really good xpac. AKA HOT is a good Xpac after they fixed it up.

>

> The financials indicate more of a downward trend over the years. HoT month was higher than PoF month by 17m krw. GW2 is the second lowest earner in the NCsoft family. Anet is probably investing more into a future mobile game, as opposed to gw2.

>

> https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6s1v2u/ncsofts_earnings_report_2q_17_lower_sales_for_gw2/

>

> https://m.imgur.com/IFSwQNw

>

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSdCa31f7NIAosLZrT8L-4gQykzADmbHI0mm1eqO1uE/htmlview

>

>

>

>

Yet POF is highly praised, way more than HOT. Read the comments if you have time, you’ll understand.

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > This is recent?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Give it a year.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

> > > > >

> > > > > Te past two years has been nothing but hardships for the company, so I wouldn’t consider it a plateau at all. When HOT launched it went through many many hardships that hurt the company including performance. It’s not until NOW, this very moment, that the game is finally on their two feet. Pre POF Anet had finally put HOT in great standards, and now POF has been massively praised for its quality and enhancement of the joy of playing the game. So if you want to be technical, the game has JUST picked itself up, so growth is going to follow in due time.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Is this like office jargon for HoT was a total screw up?

> > >

> > > Office jargon?? just read what I wrote.....when HOT launched it was really bad but pre POF they fixed it up and made it a really good xpac. AKA HOT is a good Xpac after they fixed it up.

> >

> > The financials indicate more of a downward trend over the years. HoT month was higher than PoF month by 17m krw. GW2 is the second lowest earner in the NCsoft family. Anet is probably investing more into a future mobile game, as opposed to gw2.

> >

> > https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6s1v2u/ncsofts_earnings_report_2q_17_lower_sales_for_gw2/

> >

> > https://m.imgur.com/IFSwQNw

> >

> > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fSdCa31f7NIAosLZrT8L-4gQykzADmbHI0mm1eqO1uE/htmlview

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Yet POF is highly praised, way more than HOT. Read the comments if you have time, you’ll understand.

>

Tbf the forums were a meme during the first month of pof. It because the pace was picked up quickly with lw and the raid and the rewards in said areas that the expansion looks better than hot.

> @"Adry.7512" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Adry.7512" said:

> > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > This is recent?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There has not been growth for the last 2 years since HoT, the game basically plateaued and is now in slow decline, fiscally.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Give it a year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh, so you made up future statistics in your head and preach about how well those look? Now that is a level of denial I don't see every day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Revenue is in a steady decline, so is Anet's content delivery pace.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And P2W is debatable. GW2 was advertised as a game where everyone is on even footing in PvP, but each expansion's elite specs are made purposefully stronger and kept that way for months to pressure everyone into buying them ASAP. This was especially true for season 8, where they dropped the xpac in the middle of the season, so if you didn't buy the expansion in a month following its release, then youhad to say goodbye to what you worked for in the first half of the season.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anet stops being admirable the moment you step out of your PvE comfort zone.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are no future statistics it’s my prediction of the future of the game. It will pick up, it’s an obvious outcome when considering the facts in the long term.

> > > >

> > > > Why? for the last 2 years, its plateaued and been in slow decline, almost without fail, any game that has gotten to that point, does not "pull out of it" , only 1 game I know of did a late market turn around, but, what they did was ground breaking, and I don't Anet pulling off something like that. It's doing fine, but, outside spikes for future expansion sales, it looks like it settled.

> > >

> > > Te past two years has been nothing but hardships for the company, so I wouldn’t consider it a plateau at all. When HOT launched it went through many many hardships that hurt the company including performance. It’s not until NOW, this very moment, that the game is finally on their two feet. Pre POF Anet had finally put HOT in great standards, and now POF has been massively praised for its quality and enhancement of the joy of playing the game. So if you want to be technical, the game has JUST picked itself up, so growth is going to follow in due time.

> > >

> >

> > Is this like office jargon for HoT was a total screw up?

>

> Office jargon?? just read what I wrote.....when HOT launched it was really bad but pre POF they fixed it up and made it a really good xpac. AKA HOT is a good Xpac after they fixed it up.

well I am not sure how they fixed it, I was just there today, and it looked like the same shit it was when I first tried out.