Killing Elder Dragons is BAD! But What about Braham!

Sazukikrah.5036

> @Blackari.2051 said:

> yes you are right in the title, it is NOT bad to kill Braham, in fact everyone would be happy to do so

Did you know how many times I redo that mission for the achievement of not getting frozen to listen to his terrible and annoying whining?

I really want him dead in this expansion.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Aomine.5012 said:

> > @Blackari.2051 said:

> > yes you are right in the title, it is NOT bad to kill Braham, in fact everyone would be happy to do so

>

> Did you know how many times I redo that mission for the achievement of not getting frozen to listen to his terrible and annoying whining?

>

> I really want him dead in this expansion.

You poor soul :( I briefly considered trying to get the achievement, but that entire level is so full of awful writing and terrible pacing (oh no! Wolves! ... Oh no! Wolves! ... ... Oh my, Spiders!) that I wanted nothing more to do with it.

> @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > @Blackari.2051 said:

> > > yes you are right in the title, it is NOT bad to kill Braham, in fact everyone would be happy to do so

> >

> > Did you know how many times I redo that mission for the achievement of not getting frozen to listen to his terrible and annoying whining?

> >

> > I really want him dead in this expansion.

>

> You poor soul :( I briefly considered trying to get the achievement, but that entire level is so full of awful writing and terrible pacing (oh no! Wolves! ... Oh no! Wolves! ... ... Oh my, Spiders!) that I wanted nothing more to do with it.

Thankfully you can skip directly to the bossfight once you've cleared that LW chapter. ;)

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > > @Blackari.2051 said:

> > > > yes you are right in the title, it is NOT bad to kill Braham, in fact everyone would be happy to do so

> > >

> > > Did you know how many times I redo that mission for the achievement of not getting frozen to listen to his terrible and annoying whining?

> > >

> > > I really want him dead in this expansion.

> >

> > You poor soul :( I briefly considered trying to get the achievement, but that entire level is so full of awful writing and terrible pacing (oh no! Wolves! ... Oh no! Wolves! ... ... Oh my, Spiders!) that I wanted nothing more to do with it.

>

> Thankfully you can skip directly to the bossfight once you've cleared that LW chapter. ;)

Orly? Might be worth an attempt!

> @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > > > @Aomine.5012 said:

> > > > > @Blackari.2051 said:

> > > > > yes you are right in the title, it is NOT bad to kill Braham, in fact everyone would be happy to do so

> > > >

> > > > Did you know how many times I redo that mission for the achievement of not getting frozen to listen to his terrible and annoying whining?

> > > >

> > > > I really want him dead in this expansion.

> > >

> > > You poor soul :( I briefly considered trying to get the achievement, but that entire level is so full of awful writing and terrible pacing (oh no! Wolves! ... Oh no! Wolves! ... ... Oh my, Spiders!) that I wanted nothing more to do with it.

> >

> > Thankfully you can skip directly to the bossfight once you've cleared that LW chapter. ;)

>

> Orly? Might be worth an attempt!

Yeah there is a braizer just outside the cave that takes you right to it.

> @Yuyuske.7182 said:

> I think the Braham hate is overstated. He was a great character up until his mother died..._and then his mother died. **And he's a teenager.** Do you really_ not expect him to go into full-blown angst? Of course he's acting like an angsty teenager, _he **is** an angsty teenager!_

He was a teenager when we met him. He was 17 in 1326. It is now 1330. He is 21. He is not a teenager anymore. He barely knew his mother, you don't tend to care about family you rarely know to the point of blaming people who had nothing to do with their deaths. Let alone to the point of fully dishonoring the dead's teachings while acting like he is.

Furthermore, his personality does a 360° from how he was at the end of HoT. He was at peace with Eir's death by the end of HoT. He wanted to take on Jormag to honor Eir, but now he is acting like everyone is putting all their burdens on him when they aren't.

What Braham is, is beyond angsty. It's hypocritical, uncharacteristic, and a bit bipolar.

But what makes it bad writing is not the hypocrisy or the angst. It's how he's not acting like a norn and, even more, the fact he went from at peace to angsty-and-not-at-peace. They created drama where drama was settled for the sake of creating drama, not for progressing character or plot.

Make Braham a dragon minion so we can beat the kitten out of him and end his (and our) suffering. Just please find a way to get rid of him.

The whole concept of the new Dragon's Watch guild was one of the worst parts of the living story. What is the point of a guild where all the members are all off doing their own things. The one bright spot continues to be Taimi, great voice acting, great dialogue. The rest are pretty much useless, and there are too many plot holes.

> @Sazukikrah.5036 said:

> This whole post proves the internet is full of heartless scoundrels that are self absorbed . Everyone want this guy dead cause he acts a certain way after he mother was murdered right in front of his eyes like wow..

So... you open a thread asking if players would have a problem killing a character who acts nothing like he should, and has gotten rather annoying as of late...and you act surprised when they agree with you?

> @Sazukikrah.5036 said:

> This whole post proves the internet is full of heartless scoundrels that are self absorbed . Everyone want this guy dead cause he acts a certain way after he mother was murdered right in front of his eyes like wow..

Hush you, I've seen the things you do in WvW ;)

Personally I never liked this character, and after Living Story 3 I want him completely done away with because the writers took him into a very unlikeable direction.

> @Dante.1763 said:

> > @Sazukikrah.5036 said:

> > This whole post proves the internet is full of heartless scoundrels that are self absorbed . Everyone want this guy dead cause he acts a certain way after he mother was murdered right in front of his eyes like wow..

>

> So... you open a thread asking if players would have a problem killing a character who acts nothing like he should, and has gotten rather annoying as of late...and you act surprised when they agree with you?

um reread the thread dude, i asked nothing about killing a character off.. i asked why aren't we talking about him cause of his reaction to Jormag and that killing elder dragons is bad.

> @DietPepsi.4371 said:

> > @Dante.1763 said:

> > So... you open a thread asking if players would have a problem killing a character who acts nothing like he should, and has gotten rather annoying as of late...and you act surprised when they agree with you?

>

> They didn't say anything in the OP about killing off braham.

>

Shhhhhhh, i know but the title of the thread reads that way however, and this kinda proves my line of thought that alot of people dont read the main post..just the big letters at the top.

On topic though.

I dont want braham to be seen for alooonggg time, after the *Massive* change of personality he underwent in the last living story, the way he treats the PC, Taimi and Rox, i want him not to be involved in the story for a period of time.

As much as I care about characters. Braham just annoys me too much to care. I honestly wish they killed braham instead of his mom. He is a grown man who whines like a little doggy. And I just don't like whiners. His testosterone needs to be toned down with a future spouse or something. This character got to go. To me he's worse then trahearne. I mean least trahearne wasn't a sensitive whiner. I mean be a macadamian man, get over your mom. You look 30 and you still trippin. Just childish.

I'm telling you guys -- make him go after Jormag, have a fight with the commander, realize he needs to be stronger, have him turn to a Svanir, stretch the back and forth between him and Hoelbrak over a few Living World episodes, then end with his death and Jormag waking up. Kill Knut Whitebear and one of his kids for good measure. Next Expansion -- "Path of Ice"

Can't we just coat him in candy and leave him in front of a dragon?

Actually... Braham does need to do something big, right? And Jormag is asleep. What if he finds a way to survive within Jormag for a few minutes, and finds where he's sleeping. Run into his jaws, try to find the Spirit of Owl, and then teleport out (or get pulled out). THAT would be bigger than just killing Jormag, and I'm sure Owl would mellow him out some. We could even get more of the norn culture thrown in as Braham learns to be a shaman for Owl. (Sometimes relapsing and needing to be pulled back screaming and kicking, mind you.)

I actually like the idea of Braham goes bad and we have to stop him for good. He seems dead set on his goal of killing Jormag, but if he does that Tyria will die. He has been shown to not listen to reason and be blinded to everything except that single goal.

I'm a fan of fallen hero stories where the "good guy" falls into bad guy territory. almost as much as I like redemption stories where the bad guy changes towards a more virtuous path.

however I hate redemption stories if it involves a fallen hero, those are just bleh. I don't really care for characters who play the good and bad game like a hot potato...