Life Force Gain

Barnabus Stinson.1409

First: Thoughts on slowly but passively gaining Life Force. Like 2 % Every 5 seconds. Just cause, and this slightly roles into my next point, it can be a pain in the ass to build on some weapons (Looking at you scepter) and being unable to build up outside of combat (generally) means that you can go into combat with none and spend a while to get yourself up to a decent amount if there arent Adds dying left and right.

Second: I like the variation between weapons generation on some levels. Pick this over that cause it comes with better lifeforce generation. But there should be a slightly more uniform amount. Or a better baseline?

Life Force generation on condi weapons needs to be crippled to prevent spamming DOT skills esp. on scourge. A combination of fairly low cooldowns but LF costs is part of the mechanic. Increased LF gain would break the class.

But yes: A necro should reset its LF to 50% every time he leaves a fight. We are asking for this for years now.

Scepter has been low on LF generation and off-hand dagger has had none since the game's release. Fortunately, you can use utilities or swap to another weapon like staff for faster LF generation. The low rate of LF generation on scepter/dagger builds may be the developers' intent to prevent camping scepter auto-attack.

Life force generation on condi weapons _is_ lower than than on power or utility weapons. If a nerf to Scourge in PvP is necessary, an easy fix would be to increase LF cost for shade skills.

Consider the following:

* Necromancers no longer gain life force from the deaths of ambient enemies.

* All skill-specific instances of life force gain are removed.

* Whenever a Necromancer successfully strikes a foe in combat, he/she gains a stack of **Reaper's Vigor** (3 second duration; stacks in intensity up to 5 times).

* Every second, for each stack of Reaper's Vigor (RV), a Necromancer gains 0.5% maximum life force.

* Whenever a player enters into shroud, that player immediately loses all RV stacks. Players cannot gain RV stacks while in shroud.

* Certain skills (i.e. spectrals) and power-leaning traits or traitlines can temporarily increase the amount of maximum RV stacks that one can have at a single time. Condition-leaning lines and traits will have minors and some majors embedded with trade-offs which passively (always in effect) reduce (typically by 1 per respective trait) the amount of *baseline* RV stacks that a player can have at once. Power builds will retain high LF generation through attacking with potential ways to temporarily further increase LF generation by means of conditional triggers or specific actions. Condition builds will still steadily generate LF but at a slower baseline rate than power builds.

* *WvW will complain*: While outside of combat, if a Necromancer has more than 25% Life Force, his/her Life Force pool will degenerate at a rate of 1% max LF per second until it reaches 25% of the player's maximum LF pool.

#Rebalance/Re-work ideas

**[spectral Armor]**

Recharge: 8s

Spectral. Your Reaper's Vigor stack limit is briefly increased. Gain barrier at every interval.

* Spectral Armor (8s): Gain barrier over time; your Reaper's Vigor stack limit is increased.

* Reaper's Vigor stack limit increase: 5

* Barrier interval: 1s

* Barrier: 440 (0.25)

* Maximum Count: 2

* Count Recharge: 40s

* Breaks stun

**[spectral Walk]**

Recharge: 25s

Spectral. Your Reaper's Vigor stack limit is briefly increased. Move faster and gain superspeed at every interval while you are above the Reaper's Vigor stack threshold. You may return to your initial position by using Spectral Recall.

* Spectral Walk (10s): Move faster; your Reaper's Vigor stack limit is increased; gain superspeed if above the Reaper's Vigor threshold.

* Movement Speed increase: 33%

* Reaper's Vigor stack limit increase: 3

* Superspeed Reaper's Vigor stack threshold: 5

* Superspeed interval: 1s

* Superspeed (1s): Movement Speed is greatly increased

* Breaks stun

*Soul Comprehension* (Death Magic major minor)

When you enter into shroud, you briefly gain life force at every interval.

* Soul Comprehension (4s): Gain life force at every interval.

* Interval: 1s

* Life Force: 3%

Now weapon skills can be used more freely, Necro gets a unique self-buff off of which trait re-works can play (i.e. bonus Power per active RV stack, shroud activation bonuses based on current active stacks, gaining effects while above certain stack thresholds, etc), a bunch of individual skills and traits suddenly can get re-works to play into the RV system instead of sitting around as bloat, and LF generation is now an actively managed, consistent, reliable process regardless of weapon choice rather than the mindless task of equipping a trait, spamming circles and waiting for someone to pop Soul Reaping's passive spectral armor.

> @"Avigrus.2871" said:

> This is why staff with soul marks is pretty much mandatory in PvP/WvW game modes.

>

> Have to run around killing ambient creatures in EBG before i head out to fight.... it's ridiculous.

So you dont know anything about the necromancer.

To refill lifeforce you can:

Summon shadow fiend, then replace the skill with another one.

Summon bone fiend, then replace the skill with another one.

Summon flesh golem, then replace the skill with another one.

Use dessicate, gives you lifeforce even out of combat.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Avigrus.2871" said:

> > This is why staff with soul marks is pretty much mandatory in PvP/WvW game modes.

> >

> > Have to run around killing ambient creatures in EBG before i head out to fight.... it's ridiculous.

>

> So you dont know anything about the necromancer.

>

> To refill lifeforce you can:

> Summon shadow fiend, then replace the skill with another one.

> Summon bone fiend, then replace the skill with another one.

> Summon flesh golem, then replace the skill with another one.

> Use dessicate, gives you lifeforce even out of combat.

This works best in PvP, where your skillbar is locked...

...and selecting useless utility skills and put them on 24s cooldown in WvW where you can be jumped at by a teef everywhere is generally a great idea!

Thank you!

/an ambient creature killer (for a reason)

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Avigrus.2871" said:

> > > This is why staff with soul marks is pretty much mandatory in PvP/WvW game modes.

> > >

> > > Have to run around killing ambient creatures in EBG before i head out to fight.... it's ridiculous.

> >

> > So you dont know anything about the necromancer.

> >

> > To refill lifeforce you can:

> > Summon shadow fiend, then replace the skill with another one.

> > Summon bone fiend, then replace the skill with another one.

> > Summon flesh golem, then replace the skill with another one.

> > Use dessicate, gives you lifeforce even out of combat.

> This works best in PvP, where your skillbar is locked...

>

> ...and selecting useless utility skills and put them on 24s cooldown in WvW where you can be jumped at by a teef everywhere is generally a great idea!

>

> Thank you!

>

> /an ambient creature killer (for a reason)

First of all: I was reffering to wvw.

Second: if you have cd on these skills and cant change them out, gets me to one of these points:

1. U are a terrible (necro)player

2. U dont understand, how its done.

Im not that evil, to think, everyone is bad. Even though a lot of people prove it to me every day. So im just assuming, you dont understand, how its done:

Summon your shadow fiend. DONT use the shadow fiends skill. JUST switch the skill back to your normal skill u use for zergfights.

Result: the minion will die and guess what. You get lifeforce from dieing creatures.

So you have nothing on cooldown.

And using dessicate was meant to use, while you wait with your commander for the zerg to gather up.

And it just has a 16 seconds cd i believe, while traited (which i assume u have, cause its the most effective trait there. Maybe the booncorrupt if your zerg misses warriors)

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> First of all: I was reffering to wvw.

>

> Second: if you have cd on these skills and cant change them out, gets me to one of these points:

>

> 1. U are a terrible (necro)player

> 2. U dont understand, how its done.

>

> Im not that evil, to think, everyone is bad. Even though a lot of people prove it to me every day. So im just assuming, you dont understand, how its done:

>

> Summon your shadow fiend. DONT use the shadow fiends skill. JUST switch the skill back to your normal skill u use for zergfights.

>

> Result: the minion will die and guess what. You get lifeforce from dieing creatures.

>

> So you have nothing on cooldown.

> And using dessicate was meant to use, while you wait with your commander for the zerg to gather up.

> And it just has a 16 seconds cd i believe, while traited (which i assume u have, cause its the most effective trait there. Maybe the booncorrupt if your zerg misses warriors)

The person you referred to was referring to WvW and PvP! So your whole post is pointless as it does not solve the isse that necros have to mess around and waste time to gain LF before they can safely enter combat IF this is even possible (it's not in PvP).

Your minion strategy is ridiculous to say the least. Yes I did not know that swapping alone grants you LF - cool thanks for the tipp! But it's still stupid and not worth to justify dumb mechanics with it.

If you state that someone is a terrible player just because he did not know that minion exploit (yes that's what it is), than feel free to contact me to get your a.ss w.hipped in a duell.