Halloween 2017

mafioyo.2458

> @costepj.5120 said:

> To be fair, in real life most people do the same things for Halloween, or Christmas or New Year; why should Kryta be different? I enjoy returning to familiar activities each year. The only sad part is thinking a whole year has flown by since I last did a round of Mad King Says, whereas it only feels like a few months :-O

True. Also, there are always players who started after last year's Halloween, like me. For us, it doesn't matter if the same Halloween content is used as the last years ^^

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Maethor.2810 said:

> Unfortunately, Rose is right and we will likely be getting a reshash of the previous couple years with just a few new item additions. : ( I was so happy with the first year and second year. Sadly just getting the same thing for holidays has become rather dull but they're putting their resources into higher priority tasks.

>

>

Like What?

> @Shaaba.5672 said:

> Honestly, as convenient as having the doors in LA always open is, I miss having to find a door in the wild, knock on it and hope you get a portal to the Mad Realm instead of spiders and skellies.

>

> I couldn't even tell you if those doors still spawn in Krytan zones. I'm pretty sure they do, but there's no reason for me to go seek them out.

I don't mean those doors that spawn, I mean any door.

• 2 weeks later...

If this Halloween 2017 will be the exact same as our prev years, I wont bother to do a damn thing again since its utter boring.

All I want is something new, the halloween storyline with the Blood Prince, Lunatic mini-game, anything new! (Or old content to return!)

The devs said a few years ago that with some updates done to the game that something got messed up with bringing back the scavenger hunt for the Mad Memories backpack. They did say that they were trying to fix it to bring it back. Not sure if they are still working on it in their spare time but they did say they wanted to bring it back. It's the same thing with a few other games and such, things got messed up somewhere and they have been fixing things when they can.

As for a whole new and different Halloween event or new events for it --- most MMO's implement holiday events to not only give their players something new but then it usually gets recycled every year to then give their workers time off with their own families. If they introduced too many new events then the devs have to spend more time in the office during the holiday and not with their own family.

> @Sevifor.1925 said:

> > @Orpheal.8263 said:

> > We are just talking about a 5 years old skin, that by today is using in 99,99% anyways nobody anymore, so why keep it so penetrantly exclusive for that first halloween event that was flooded by hackers??

>

> I'm one of those supposed 0.01% who still use this skin, and that's not likely to change. It was the first back item I had ever gotten and it was ridiculously difficult to obtain. I was in the mid 30's for level and had to go running through some higher level zones to complete the scavenger hunt. By the time I got the final piece, I was running around naked because I'd died so many times I could no longer afford the cost to repair my armor; that back piece drilled into me the value of a well-timed Dodge Roll the hard way. It's also the only back item I've found so far to shed light around the character, which is surprisingly relevant. I get a little warm and fuzzy each and every time I go into the "dark room" in Obsidian Sanctum because I don't have to grab a torch to see where I'm going. Back when that area was actually populated, being able to have a real weapon in hand when you rounded a corner made the difference between life and death.

>

> I was fortunate enough to find out about it before it left the game forever, but its such an awesome item that it's a shame it can't be obtained anymore. I wholeheartedly support any ideas to bring it back, including but not limited to:

>

> -Reintroducing the event chain (ah, sweet nostalgia!).

> -Introducing a new event chain (content!)

> -Purchasing with Candy Corn (...farming, I guess!)

> -A random drop from Trick or Treat bags (Farming and ALSO RNG!)

> -Purchasing with Laurels/Map Currency/Etc.

>

>

I'm in that .01% too. I support bringing it back if we can replay those quests. I recall enjoying them (though they were really tough with my low level, pre ascended, pre HOT, pre knowing much in the game toons).

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm really excited for this year's Halloween Festival. Oh, granted, I'm excited about *every* year's Halloween Festival -- it's just a great time to be in the game! =)

We'll have info on that for you about dates and such in the future. I hope to see you all in the game during the most magical time of the year!

> @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> > @Sevifor.1925 said:

> > > @Orpheal.8263 said:

> > > We are just talking about a 5 years old skin, that by today is using in 99,99% anyways nobody anymore, so why keep it so penetrantly exclusive for that first halloween event that was flooded by hackers??

> >

> > I'm one of those supposed 0.01% who still use this skin, and that's not likely to change. It was the first back item I had ever gotten and it was ridiculously difficult to obtain. I was in the mid 30's for level and had to go running through some higher level zones to complete the scavenger hunt. By the time I got the final piece, I was running around naked because I'd died so many times I could no longer afford the cost to repair my armor; that back piece drilled into me the value of a well-timed Dodge Roll the hard way. It's also the only back item I've found so far to shed light around the character, which is surprisingly relevant. I get a little warm and fuzzy each and every time I go into the "dark room" in Obsidian Sanctum because I don't have to grab a torch to see where I'm going. Back when that area was actually populated, being able to have a real weapon in hand when you rounded a corner made the difference between life and death.

> >

> > I was fortunate enough to find out about it before it left the game forever, but its such an awesome item that it's a shame it can't be obtained anymore. I wholeheartedly support any ideas to bring it back, including but not limited to:

> >

> > -Reintroducing the event chain (ah, sweet nostalgia!).

> > -Introducing a new event chain (content!)

> > -Purchasing with Candy Corn (...farming, I guess!)

> > -A random drop from Trick or Treat bags (Farming and ALSO RNG!)

> > -Purchasing with Laurels/Map Currency/Etc.

> >

> >

>

> I'm in that .01% too. I support bringing it back if we can replay those quests. I recall enjoying them (though they were really tough with my low level, pre ascended, pre HOT, pre knowing much in the game toons).

>

>

i'm also a proud owner and imho they shouldn't bring the hunt back. it distiguishes us first year gamers from the rest of the bunch.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I'm really excited for this year's Halloween Festival. Oh, granted, I'm excited about *every* year's Halloween Festival -- it's just a great time to be in the game! =)

>

> We'll have info on that for you about dates and such in the future. I hope to see you all in the game during the most magical time of the year!

I love the halloween event. That Labyrinth!

> @Shadowresli.3782 said:

> > @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> > > @Sevifor.1925 said:

> > > > @Orpheal.8263 said:

> > > > We are just talking about a 5 years old skin, that by today is using in 99,99% anyways nobody anymore, so why keep it so penetrantly exclusive for that first halloween event that was flooded by hackers??

> > >

> > > I'm one of those supposed 0.01% who still use this skin, and that's not likely to change. It was the first back item I had ever gotten and it was ridiculously difficult to obtain. I was in the mid 30's for level and had to go running through some higher level zones to complete the scavenger hunt. By the time I got the final piece, I was running around naked because I'd died so many times I could no longer afford the cost to repair my armor; that back piece drilled into me the value of a well-timed Dodge Roll the hard way. It's also the only back item I've found so far to shed light around the character, which is surprisingly relevant. I get a little warm and fuzzy each and every time I go into the "dark room" in Obsidian Sanctum because I don't have to grab a torch to see where I'm going. Back when that area was actually populated, being able to have a real weapon in hand when you rounded a corner made the difference between life and death.

> > >

> > > I was fortunate enough to find out about it before it left the game forever, but its such an awesome item that it's a shame it can't be obtained anymore. I wholeheartedly support any ideas to bring it back, including but not limited to:

> > >

> > > -Reintroducing the event chain (ah, sweet nostalgia!).

> > > -Introducing a new event chain (content!)

> > > -Purchasing with Candy Corn (...farming, I guess!)

> > > -A random drop from Trick or Treat bags (Farming and ALSO RNG!)

> > > -Purchasing with Laurels/Map Currency/Etc.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I'm in that .01% too. I support bringing it back if we can replay those quests. I recall enjoying them (though they were really tough with my low level, pre ascended, pre HOT, pre knowing much in the game toons).

> >

> >

>

> i'm also a proud owner and imho they shouldn't bring the hunt back. it distiguishes us first year gamers from the rest of the bunch.

I got that skin at the time, but deleted it before the wardrobe was released. While I completely agree with keeping exclusive skins exclusive, I also kinda want to unlock it again.

> @Spiral.3724 said:

> Halloween is my favourite!! I love it more than Wintersday. :D

Im always like that before Halloween starts... and then its over and Wintersday Hype starts :blush: I just love the short wait between those two fun events. Both definitely help me make it through the boring winter days here :smile: