Arheundel.6451

> @apharma.3741 said:

> > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > > > @Velimere.7685 said:

> > > > > > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > > > > An _**unblockable interrupt**_

> > > > > While _Pulmonary Impact_ itself as an **effect** already applied to a target is certainly unblockable, it is by no means an **interrupt** and the only way that the standard D/P build can proc it with an unblockable attack is by using _Basilisk Venom_ which is on a 40-second recharge. You know what else is unblockable while already applied to you in the same fashion? Any **condition**. The more you know!

> > > >

> > > > 40s CD? Last I checked, d/p thieves use trickery that reduce B venom to 20s

> > >

> > > And this is exactly why everyone should ignore this thread and move on.

> >

> > Maybe I should have mentioned that B venom is applied mostly to **steal sitting at 20s with trickery and daze the target**?

> > -steal daze

> > -shadow shot with B Venom ( if not used on steal)

> > -2x headshot

> > -total ini spen: 12 maybe

> > - thief then AA spam

> > - headshot again

> > - AA- steal daze again

> > - B venom up again..interrupt again

> >

> > Typical rotation more or less, the ini can be kept up pretty easily and thieves can shadow return as they **can use steal/daze as an effective stunbreak on 20s cd** but ofc they have also **bandit defense**

> >

> > But enough of me writing this mini guide..what about explaining how other classes counter this?

> > -Attacking the thief? lol we're talking about a d/p ..after his AA chain..if low he will 5-2 and reset all INI and steal which is only 20s CD. The thief can easily get away unless caught off guard from another fight if you're lucky

>

> I think beepboop is extremely biased towards thief and lives in an alternate reality sometimes but you are so wrong you need to look at the wiki and/or in game at thief skills. Thief cannot have basi venom up for every steal, it's a 40s CD and they would need a lucky proc off improvisation to get it reset for the next steal.

> @apharma.3741 said:

> > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > > > @Velimere.7685 said:

> > > > > > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > > > > An _**unblockable interrupt**_

> > > > > While _Pulmonary Impact_ itself as an **effect** already applied to a target is certainly unblockable, it is by no means an **interrupt** and the only way that the standard D/P build can proc it with an unblockable attack is by using _Basilisk Venom_ which is on a 40-second recharge. You know what else is unblockable while already applied to you in the same fashion? Any **condition**. The more you know!

> > > >

> > > > 40s CD? Last I checked, d/p thieves use trickery that reduce B venom to 20s

> > >

> > > And this is exactly why everyone should ignore this thread and move on.

> >

> > Maybe I should have mentioned that B venom is applied mostly to **steal sitting at 20s with trickery and daze the target**?

> > -steal daze

> > -shadow shot with B Venom ( if not used on steal)

> > -2x headshot

> > -total ini spen: 12 maybe

> > - thief then AA spam

> > - headshot again

> > - AA- steal daze again

> > - B venom up again..interrupt again

> >

> > Typical rotation more or less, the ini can be kept up pretty easily and thieves can shadow return as they **can use steal/daze as an effective stunbreak on 20s cd** but ofc they have also **bandit defense**

> >

> > But enough of me writing this mini guide..what about explaining how other classes counter this?

> > -Attacking the thief? lol we're talking about a d/p ..after his AA chain..if low he will 5-2 and reset all INI and steal which is only 20s CD. The thief can easily get away unless caught off guard from another fight if you're lucky

>

> I think beepboop is extremely biased towards thief and lives in an alternate reality sometimes but you are so wrong you need to look at the wiki and/or in game at thief skills. Thief cannot have basi venom up for every steal, it's a 40s CD and they would need a lucky proc off improvisation to get it reset for the next steal.

There's two classes in PvP that thief directly counters and I main one of them. Tell me I'm biased.

> 3. Don't stand in auto? And what exactly do you other than try to block,parry, dodge, etc?........**what can you do that hasn't got at least 1/2 animation**?

* Apply blind, it shut downs almost all of d/p utility ( blind & interrupt )

* Apply weakness on the thief and protection on you

* Stow weapon. Headshot deals almost no damage to inactive player. A missed headshot is a waste of initiative for the thief.

Mindless headshot is just an answer to mindless skill/AA use...

> Did you read the OP? The thief only use INI to spam headshot from distance and **headshot is instant**, then the thief just AA you to death if you try or not doing anything

Btw Headshot is not instant since it can be cancelled/interrupted ( during the animation of the thief pulling his arm up ). And the bullet is a projectile which mean you can reflect it ( all classes have a reflect ).

Firstly impro is the only trait that is used to reduce b venom and it only work sometime so what 20sec cd do u speak? Then u can dodge it the annimation is slow so look at the thief and dodge. Moreover thief is harder to handle than most of the classes so dont cry when u see a good thief and think about how long he trained to interrupt your main skills. And to conter AA juste move again and again. If u do it on well he will have to shadow shot and wont headshot you

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Impacting_Disruption yes it's unblockable which then applies https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pulmonary_Impact_(trait_skill)

>

> Only the effect is unbloackable, actual interrupts like Headshot aren't. It's like saying "condis are broken because they damage me when I'm blocking!"

>

> That being said yes I'd like to see it get some changes as well because it's too oppressive against other thief builds and the meta in general.

i actually kind of agree. I main thief and although a quad interrupt can be a bit tricky to pull off, It is doable and classes like ele and ranger and warrior (poor poor warrior) suffer from it. There's just no good counter because you can't do anything without using a skill.

Of course, as people have already done, you can say "but then just use _insert instant skill here_." Well these are limited and hard to time well against an opponent that can switch strategies immidiately to counter what you're doing, and the result is in favour of the interrupter - ie: an imbalance. especially when you consider they may have interrupted your heal. It gets even worse with skills like distracting daggers.

• 4 months later...

Pulmunary impact has already been nerfed long time ago. It's not op in any sense. If you can't stop spamming your skills for 1 sec it's a L2p issue.

If it's giving you an hard time take your time to read the suggestions already posted from a lot of players, they are all valid.

I have a suspect that you are playing warrior against a thief, it that is true warrior/thief is a 50/50 more or less. It requires more skill from the thief though because if he misses some dodges or blinds you just destroy him in 3 hit. Start by knowing what the class does before complaining because to me it seems that you are clearly misunderstanding how a thief works.

Source : I play both thief and war.

Another post of "i can't play against a certain mechanic so nerf it".