Do we have to wait two plus years to have new armor sets?

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> Honestly, I'd be satisfied with one new set for each weight with each living story episode (with the set being themed around the new area). It would make for a great reward to work towards while playing in new areas.

That would be awesome! It would also be cool if they made looks specifically for Charr and Asura, sine their models are so different from the other three races.

I get the impression their armor team is super small. I wonder why they don't have a larger, set team for it since armor is primarily the biggest reward offered by the game.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> Wait, so anet wants to charge us microtransactions, but refuses to create armor sets because "its too hard"??? hahaha. I have never heard a single developer in the mmo or single player rpg's say something this laughable. I mean, you're charging ~$10 per armor, and "its too hard"? LOL. Only with Anet.

Um, no. They don't create armor sets because they don't make money with them. They never said that. They used to sell whole armor skins for 1000 (or 800?) gems ... they had to stop because they couldn't make them profitably.

... which leads to the reason you don't see many armors NOT locked behind paid content. So if you don't like the fact that you don't get enough armor skins, guess you will have to settle for what we have or use outfits.

At halloween they gave us a new armor set for each weight.

PoF gave us five armor sets for each weight (although the Elonian and Spearmarshal are so similar it's difficult to credit them as two different armor sets, maybe 1.5)

This is already a HUGE improvement compared to the 2 from HoT and... was Carapace armor the most recent before that? That's not to say that we couldn't use more, but I think things have been looking up in terms of armor sets lately. It would be wholly unreasonable imo to expect 20 armor sets for every expansion, but I think one or two per year would be very welcomed (in addition to two or three from expansions).

This is what I really dislike about GW2. I am all for armors and I've been an armorholic ever since GW1 as I want to catch them all- dress up my characters with wonderful and unique armorcombos.

Waiting for another expansion pack which probably will take 2+ years is long enough for **ARMOR PIECES**. If they can stop making these ugly outfits and these ugly weapons none will ever use anyway and start working on armors instead for a change!

I also dislike we will only be getting 3 armor skins per profession' weight, (_6 as for sexes- male/female versions_).

But back in the GW1 days, each profession were getting their own armor, for an example;

Nightfall and Path of Fire comparing:

**Nightfall:**

- 2 more classes, Paragon and Dervish- which is a total of 10 different and unique professions, both male and female versions.

Armors for all 10 professions both female and male versions:

- Ancient armor for all 10 professions.

- Vabbian armor for all 10 professions.

Armors for all 8 professions both female and male versions: (_No Assassin or Ritualist_)

- Elonian armor for all 8 professions.

- Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.

- Elite Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.

- Primeval armor for all 8 professions.

- Istani armor for all 8 professions.

- Elonian armor for the 2 professions as their default armor for Paragon and Dervish.

**Total:** 62 armor sets. 124 armor sets for both male and female versions.

**Path of Fire:**

- No new classes, still using the 3 weight system.

Armors for all 9 professions both female and male versions also for all 6 races. 3 armorpieces for each weight.

- Bounty Hunter's

- Elonian

- Funerary

- Spearmarshal's

- Warbeast

**Total:** 15 armor sets. 30 armor sets for both male and female versions.

Note that the other races are just copy+paste armors, nothing unique or racial, just copy+paste, render here and there.

Now it would be **amazing** if they could actually make something more unique into here as we're using 5 other races than the original race, Humans. Making more racial armor sets, now THAT would be interesting!

This is just insane and I am so disappointed how GW2 ended up comparing to GW1 on this matter.

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> This is what I really dislike about GW2. I am all for armors and I've been an armorholic ever since GW1 as I want to catch them all- dress up my characters with wonderful and unique armorcombos.

> Waiting for another expansion pack which probably will take 2+ years is long enough for **ARMOR PIECES**. If they can stop making these ugly outfits and these ugly weapons none will ever use anyway and start working on armors instead for a change!

>

> I also dislike we will only be getting 3 armor skins per profession' weight, (_6 as for sexes- male/female versions_).

> But back in the GW1 days, each profession were getting their own armor, for an example;

>

> Nightfall and Path of Fire comparing:

>

> **Nightfall:**

> - 2 more classes, Paragon and Dervish- which is a total of 10 different and unique professions, both male and female versions.

> Armors for all 10 professions both female and male versions:

> - Ancient armor for all 10 professions.

> - Vabbian armor for all 10 professions.

>

> Armors for all 8 professions both female and male versions: (_No Assassin or Ritualist_)

> - Elonian armor for all 8 professions.

> - Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.

> - Elite Sunspear armor for all 8 professions.

> - Primeval armor for all 8 professions.

> - Istani armor for all 8 professions.

> - Elonian armor for the 2 professions as their default armor for Paragon and Dervish.

>

> **Total:** 62 armor sets. 124 armor sets for both male and female versions.

>

> **Path of Fire:**

> - No new classes, still using the 3 weight system.

> Armors for all 9 professions both female and male versions also for all 6 races. 3 armorpieces for each weight.

> - Bounty Hunter's

> - Elonian

> - Funerary

> - Spearmarshal's

> - Warbeast

>

> **Total:** 15 armor sets. 30 armor sets for both male and female versions.

> Note that the other races are just copy+paste armors, nothing unique or racial, just copy+paste, render here and there.

>

> Now it would be **amazing** if they could actually make something more unique into here as we're using 5 other races than the original race, Humans. Making more racial armor sets, now THAT would be interesting!

> This is just insane and I am so disappointed how GW2 ended up comparing to GW1 on this matter.

Exactly how i feel.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Conncept.7638" said:

> > This out and out lie is spread so often by white knights for ANet that I have a readymade response for it.

>

> You're disputing the actual evidence? You don't have to like the limited option that ANet gave us nor do you have to like the choice made by the community, but it doesn't change the fact: we were asked whether we preferred new armor in the gem shop or new armor in game and we picked 'game'. The additional fact is that ANet tied itself into knots with its prerelease plans for armor design — like it or not (and I don't), they simply can't deliver more armor sets to the game without skimping on something else that we want.

>

> I agree with your latter statement about outfits: releasing more outfits more often at nearly the same price ends up being win-win for ANet and "less unacceptable" to us. But it still doesn't mean that no outfits would turn into significantly more armor sets per decade.

>

> Here's an additional fact: we are mostly in agreement: ANet chose to make outfits because it was easier and more profitable; they are less interested in armor sets because they are high cost for lower satisfaction; that poorly received outfits are less costly to ANet; and (probably most important to each of us) the current situation is frustrating: there just aren't enough armor sets to satisfy more than a fraction of the community's interests.

>

> The problem is that your phrasing makes it impossible to support your statements. Try to avoid exaggeration & name-calling and hyperbole.

>

> I don't happen to like the status quo, but that doesn't stop me from trying to understand how we got to this point and why it's difficult for ANet to do things all that much differently.

I'm not going to say you're lying, but I would like to see a link, I've been looking for an official Anet comment stating that there has been a survey where they asked this, I have played GW2 from the beta, I never encounted this survey, Granted I have had breaks of 1-2 months over the years. missing certain Living world events from season 1.