Necro vs thief

Nova.3817

> @Nova.3817 said:

> im thinking that in the thief matchups i should just drop GS for staff so ill never be without blanket aoe

>

It'd certainly help... With the exception of nightfall, GS is pretty useless vs thiefs. But, like, it all comes down to how much of your gameplan you're willing to change just to be able to deal with one member of the other team--at some point it's probably not even worth it anymore.

Necro will always get ganked on roads unless he has a supporter but at your rank, you already know that. For soloQ vs a high Thief you just may need to go off meta or finally grab a duo sustain Ele partner.

It sucks but this is the current state of Reaper. Unless you have a high power burst build and able to hit the super glass thief, the matchup will always be one sided.

> @Nova.3817 said:

> > @ugrakarma.9416 said:

> > Power necro + minions. You can just turn your back and let the minions kill thiev. Barbaric Amulet + Death Magic traitline.

>

> if a high plat thief dies to minions i think i may leave gw2 for good lol

Since he's power your best bet is possibly to cc and condi him

He doesn't have a lot of options in terms of cleansing and stun breaks (thieves have 0 stability)

Everyone keeps forgetting that thieves are hollow shells

A lot of advantages every other class have, they lack hence "risk vs reward" stun him after his evade frame, condi bomb, rinse and repeat

Minions do help a lot as I incorporated them into my main build, that build (used to be unstoppable) as ive found can hold its own pretty well against those kind of thieves

Condi cleanse is a bit weak though so a condi thief can be a bit of an issue

> > @Nova.3817 said:

> > > @ugrakarma.9416 said:

> > > Power necro + minions. You can just turn your back and let the minions kill thiev. Barbaric Amulet + Death Magic traitline.

> >

> > if a high plat thief dies to minions i think i may leave gw2 for good lol

>

> Since he's power your best bet is possibly to cc and condi him

> He doesn't have a lot of options in terms of cleansing and stun breaks (thieves have 0 stability)

>

> Everyone keeps forgetting that thieves are hollow shells

>

> A lot of advantages every other class have, they lack hence "risk vs reward" stun him after his evade frame, condi bomb, rinse and repeat

>

> Minions do help a lot as I incorporated them into my main build, that build (used to be unstoppable) as ive found can hold its own pretty well against those kind of thieves

>

> Condi cleanse is a bit weak though so a condi thief can be a bit of an issue

>

Coincidently, when theres thieves on my team, comes to say that my build is not good and that I'm being carried.

Nothing like the old standard of thievs being the biggest flamers in pvp.

The damage of every minion is decent considering you can spam 6, very good against strong single targets builds(thievs, stunlock warriors, burn guards).

Against burn guards, they just activated all traps.

Against thievs they create a mess which disrupts dodge spammers.

Send minions, stay mid range, use Axe 2 for power build, or scept 1 if condi build.

Spite+Reaper+Death Magic for power build. Reaper+Curses+Death Magic for condi build. Power build use barbarian amulet and Corrupters Fervor to mitigate the condi damage.

> @ugrakarma.9416 said:

> > > @Nova.3817 said:

> > > > @ugrakarma.9416 said:

> > > > Power necro + minions. You can just turn your back and let the minions kill thiev. Barbaric Amulet + Death Magic traitline.

> > >

> > > if a high plat thief dies to minions i think i may leave gw2 for good lol

> >

> > Since he's power your best bet is possibly to cc and condi him

> > He doesn't have a lot of options in terms of cleansing and stun breaks (thieves have 0 stability)

> >

> > Everyone keeps forgetting that thieves are hollow shells

> >

> > A lot of advantages every other class have, they lack hence "risk vs reward" stun him after his evade frame, condi bomb, rinse and repeat

> >

> > Minions do help a lot as I incorporated them into my main build, that build (used to be unstoppable) as ive found can hold its own pretty well against those kind of thieves

> >

> > Condi cleanse is a bit weak though so a condi thief can be a bit of an issue

> >

>

> Coincidently, when theres thieves on my team, comes to say that my build is not good and that I'm being carried.

>

> Nothing like the old standard of thievs being the biggest flamers in pvp.

>

> The damage of every minion is decent considering you can spam 6, very good against strong single targets builds(thievs, stunlock warriors, burn guards).

>

> Against burn guards, they just activated all traps.

> Against thievs they create a mess which disrupts dodge spammers.

>

> Send minions, stay mid range, use Axe 2 for power build, or scept 1 if condi build.

>

> Spite+Reaper+Death Magic for power build. Reaper+Curses+Death Magic for condi build. Power build use barbarian amulet and Corrupters Fervor to mitigate the condi damage.

Nice and yeah minions can be helpful asf, had some guy who couldn't beat me 1v1 try to tell me to use signets yet every death it took 2 or more of them to down me, I have the trait where my minions transfer condis at 10 sec intervals plus my staff 4 which I save for just that occasion

If vital persistence would've never have been nerfed my build was still steam roll (I really hope they revert that nerf or compensate it with something else)

They have great damage and awesome cc. Once I see them cripple my target I switch to great sword and continue with cc

I think the only downside to them is the slow condi transfer which I need to work on