Should there be a gem store item that auto completes dailies ?

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > ok you assume i care what others think it was an idea i had and i just threw it out there.

> >

> > You don't care what others think, yet you created a poll thread . . .

> >

>

> i can still see what others have to say doesnt mean i have to care about it, nor agree with it.

Right now you are making absolutely no sense at all. Not only did you make a poll thread (which you didn't have to do, you took extra time writing out the poll options to see if people agree with you or not) but you also used the title "Should there be a gem store item...", meaning you are asking for people's opinion on the matter. If you don't care about other people's opinions, why ask them the question? Why not just have the title say "There should be a gem store item...."? Your OP and title gives the impression that you care about what people think of your idea, and yet you get all defensive and stand-offish about it when people dislike the idea.

It kind of makes me wonder if you would have cared more if the majority of people liked your idea....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > ok you assume i care what others think it was an idea i had and i just threw it out there.

> > >

> > > You don't care what others think, yet you created a poll thread . . .

> > >

> >

> > i can still see what others have to say doesnt mean i have to care about it, nor agree with it.

>

> Right now you are making absolutely no sense at all. Not only did you make a poll thread (which you didn't have to do, you took extra time writing out the poll options to see if people agree with you or not) but you also used the title "Should there be a gem store item...", meaning you are asking for people's opinion on the matter. If you don't care about other people's opinions, why ask them the question? Why not just have the title say "There should be a gem store item...."? Your OP and title gives the impression that you care about what people think of your idea, and yet you get all defensive and stand-offish about it when people dislike the idea.

>

> It kind of makes me wonder if you would have cared more if the majority of people liked your idea....

well you are free to speculate all you want, good night.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > Just so I am clear.. you want to pay money to not play the game?

>

> one very small unimportant and boring part of the game yes.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I am not against this Idea.

However I know Anet would design it in such a way that you would either at best make a very little profit that it would take years before you got a viable ROI, like a "Daily-o-Tron" that is 1600 gems to buy and costs 2 gold per use, gives rewards for the game mode you are in, (only WvW/sPvP/Open World) you can use it in up to 3 times a day, once in each mode, (IE: for 6 gold, you can get all WvW, sPvP and Open Word Chests),

or

They would set it up so that you would lose money doing it this way (1 month of dailies for 600 gems, but gives all 12 chests and gold), regardless if you log in or not.

But, I know what you mean and how you feel, for me dailies keep me logging in and give me something to do.. I can fully understand if that is not the case for everyone.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> > > > > If Arenanet does that, I am quitting. Paying to skip content and paying to auto reap it's rewards is distinctly p2w and completely conflict of interest to the concept of playing a game. The automatic lv80 gemstore item is bad enough.

> > > >

> > > > It already happens. People pay e.g. for raid completion. And I am pretty sure there are cases where people use credit card to buy gold via gems and pay raid sellers.

> > >

> > > This post isnt about buying selling raids or dungeons in the past completely unrelated to this, and i am not in favor of raid sellers in the first place. and you kheldorn are blowing things up for no reason.

> >

> > My post is relevant in the context of the poster I'm quoting. People call your idea p2w, which already exists in the game. I am actually defending your idea :)

>

> p2w in gw2 is a long shot the game only has skins and some utilities that are a bit pay to win ill give you that like all the expansions exclusive zones and stuff like that, but as for raids idc how many times can a kid swipe his mothers credit card and pay some shady raid seller or buy a legendary, i find it funny that we had people complaining they cant buy gen 2 legendaries for cash xd. anyway yeah i am not in favor of raid sellers or legy sellers or any seller ban all those people to hell and back for all i care.

>

> also a big + for anet is that you can grind the gems for the items while the gold 2 gems price is a bit ridiculous in my opinion its not horrible yet. i remember that thing being 40g for 800 gems or close to that

I would call GW2 indirectly p2w because of being able to turn gems (i.e. real money) into in-game gold. This means you can effectively get a full set of ascended armor and weapons for no actual effort at all. That said, it is a minor point and the benefits of having currency exchange far outweigh this, mostly because it ensures the stability of the in-game economy.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> > > > > If Arenanet does that, I am quitting. Paying to skip content and paying to auto reap it's rewards is distinctly p2w and completely conflict of interest to the concept of playing a game. The automatic lv80 gemstore item is bad enough.

> > > >

> > > > It already happens. People pay e.g. for raid completion. And I am pretty sure there are cases where people use credit card to buy gold via gems and pay raid sellers.

> > >

> > > This post isnt about buying selling raids or dungeons in the past completely unrelated to this, and i am not in favor of raid sellers in the first place. and you kheldorn are blowing things up for no reason.

> >

> > My post is relevant in the context of the poster I'm quoting. People call your idea p2w, which already exists in the game. I am actually defending your idea :)

>

> p2w in gw2 is a long shot the game only has skins and some utilities that are a bit pay to win ill give you that like all the expansions exclusive zones and stuff like that, but as for raids idc how many times can a kid swipe his mothers credit card and pay some shady raid seller or buy a legendary, i find it funny that we had people complaining they cant buy gen 2 legendaries for cash xd. anyway yeah i am not in favor of raid sellers or legy sellers or any seller ban all those people to hell and back for all i care.

>

> also a big + for anet is that you can grind the gems for the items while the gold 2 gems price is a bit ridiculous in my opinion its not horrible yet. i remember that thing being 40g for 800 gems or close to that

No. You can use credit card to buy gems, convert to gold and buy raid clears from players. This is direct p2w feature. It needs players willing to sell, yes, but anet profits from it.

So people who claim your idea would introduce p2w are wrong, because p2w is already there

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > It was really a bad idea.

> >

> >

>

> there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true. why do you think there was an ap requirement for dungeons before now changed for kp with raids because people dont like new players, and its the job of anet to teach mechanics to new players not the job of veterans to suffer one.

Pure speculation and conjecture.

Maybe you should take a break from doing dailies and do other, more fun achievements. Clear your head a bit while still getting AP.

Or just don't try to get AP at all. Instead, you could:

1) Level a new character

2) Do new story paths

3) Re-skin all of your characters for Fashion Wars

4) Roleplay in the taverns

5) Be entertained by the impressively long animation cycles of the insignificant animals in the world

6) Splash around in a quaggan hatchling pond

7) Be that annoying person that flies on griffon at superspeed and crash-lands in every event

8) Attempt to jump up to the highest tower in Divinity's Reach

9) Try to have fun in the game :3 Games are for fun, not for making yourself do hours of boring things

10) and etc, etc...

> @"Embered.5089" said:

> Maybe you should take a break from doing dailies and do other, more fun achievements. Clear your head a bit while still getting AP.

>

> Or just don't try to get AP at all. Instead, you could:

> 1) Level a new character

> 2) Do new story paths

> 3) Re-skin all of your characters for Fashion Wars

> 4) Roleplay in the taverns

> 5) Be entertained by the impressively long animation cycles of the insignificant animals in the world

> 6) Splash around in a quaggan hatchling pond

> 7) Be that annoying person that flies on griffon at superspeed and crash-lands in every event

> 8) Attempt to jump up to the highest tower in Divinity's Reach

> 9) Try to have fun in the game :3 Games are for fun, not for making yourself do hours of boring things

> 10) and etc, etc...

But......but......we NEED to cap out our daily AP. You don't understand how important this is (so important that we don't even know ourselves)!!!

> @"Embered.5089" said:

> Maybe you should take a break from doing dailies and do other, more fun achievements. Clear your head a bit while still getting AP.

>

> Or just don't try to get AP at all. Instead, you could:

> 1) Level a new character

> 2) Do new story paths

> 3) Re-skin all of your characters for Fashion Wars

> 4) Roleplay in the taverns

> 5) Be entertained by the impressively long animation cycles of the insignificant animals in the world

> 6) Splash around in a quaggan hatchling pond

> 7) Be that annoying person that flies on griffon at superspeed and crash-lands in every event

> 8) Attempt to jump up to the highest tower in Divinity's Reach

> 9) Try to have fun in the game :3 Games are for fun, not for making yourself do hours of boring things

> 10) and etc, etc...

This is pretty much what I do when I get tired of doing dailies. Like today I didn't like the available dailies, so I went leather farming in lake doric instead. I had fun and made a significant amount of gold and even kept some of the leather for myself for crafting purposes.

What's the point of playing video games if you simply have stuff done for you? Go out and play the game like it was made to do, and earn your rewards. Games will always get repetitive, unless there's new content every single day. For me, dailies are not difficult to complete and I don't mind it for the AP and gold.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > If the OP doesn't like working on dailies, can they just, you know, stop working on dailies?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > no i want the ap obviously or i would have stopped long ago.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But.....why?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you do get that different people play the game for different reasons and like different things right? some find ap silly some dont.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No really? People have different incentives for playing this game???? I never realised!!! /facepalm

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm asking the OP why he wants the AP so badly that he will do dailies he clearly hates doing, especially when he said he has gotten around 12k AP already from dailies alone. This would require you to have done the dailies every day for the past 3 years. There must be a reason for that.

> > > > >

> > > > > What business of yours is what i like ? i am not your friend. Dont be condescending when you made a pointless post.

> > > >

> > > > What an odd response.....All I asked was why you are so obsessed with AP to the point where you will do dailies for 3 years when you find them boring. Is it for the rewards? The prestige of having so much AP? But instead of giving an answer that might explain why you want an item to skip doing dailies (which could improve your chances of people backing your proposal) you get all defensive. Not a very wise move if you ask me.

> > >

> > > I am not obliged to give you and answer accept it and move on.

> >

> > I never said you were obligated to, it's just in your best interests to. Let's not forget, you are the 1 asking for this, and even made a poll to try and get backing from the community for it. Yet so far you haven't given us any valid reason why we should back you. In fact, your last few posts in this thread have only reduced your chances more and more. Think of it this way, if I go into an interview and got asked "why do you want this job?" and I turned around and said "I'm not your friend, I'm not obliged to tell you", yes I would be correct, but chances are they aren't going to employ me either.

>

> ok you assume i care what others think it was an idea i had and i just threw it out there. i think that it is good i do not need validation from others for it. also i dont care if people like me or not on the forums on the internet xd.

If you didn't need validation why make it a poll? A BIG FAT NO btw

I have no issues with this if it were put into the store. I mean they already put in WP unlocking in the store.

I doubt the 2 gold will ever recoup the cost of the gem cost any more.

Also, what do you "pay" to win in this case? A number of AP? pfffff. The number means nothing. I've seen too many high AP players that were absolutely clueless in aspects of the game. Skins? So you save 15-20 minutes of your time so you can get closer to skins that offer no stats, no bonus, no anything other than looks.

And the number of wvw whiners I've seen on the forums complaining about the pvers coming in and screwing things up for them because of various rewards over the years. This would only help to remove some of them after all.

Seems to defeat the purpose of _achievements._ Having little things in games you don't really like doing but want the outcome from doing is a part of gaming I've grown up with, at least. Just like with everything, you won't like all of it. You do what you like and consider if what you don't is tolerable enough to do it.

And once more, a personal opinion put as a global statement: @ OP, no offense meant, but that dailies are boring is your personal opinion. Not a fact valid for all. Lot of people think like you, but lot of others think different. I know many who love dailies and invest most of their playing time every day to do them all. That's their fun.

I am in the middle. There are some I like to repeat and some I find boring and have stopped doing. As a consequence, I do dailies only on days I like 3 out of the proposed tasks and skip otherwise.

Globally, my personal opinion is that to have to do things we find boring is part of the content of the game. Like when we repeat heart quests and generally stuff we do on repeat. If we do that, this is because we want the reward of it. To get the reward, it needs an effort. That's gaming.

If you find it boring, simply stop doing them. Of course, you will then not earn the reward, but well, no effort = no reward is logic to my eyes. That's typically the choice I make myself on days I don't do dailies because I do not feel for those. I earn nothing because I do nothing. Fair enough. :)

> @"Sarahxx.5378" said:

> What's the point of playing video games if you simply have stuff done for you? Go out and play the game like it was made to do, and earn your rewards. Games will always get repetitive, unless there's new content every single day. For me, dailies are not difficult to complete and I don't mind it for the AP and gold.

Doing dailies is not playing vg.

It's something related to addiction and not necessarily fun.

The fact you have to do dailies everyday in order to unlock skins ( there's no other way ) or titles is simply stupid.

That said, instead of asking for an item like that, i would simply stop doing any daily quest.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

>

> The fact you have to do dailies everyday in order to unlock skins ( there's no other way ) or titles ...

What skins or titles can only be unlocked by doing dailies?

(There might be a different issue in that some skins are locked behind tons of AP, but that's not specific to dailies; they just happen to be one of the easier sources for AP.)

Skins the one awarded through ap chests.

Titles from ap great chests.

There’s no way to aim directly to them.

You have to farm ap forever and ever.

And Since there is no cap yes, you have to farm every single daily login in order to pursue your goal.

Edit: and what about halloween? We don't put new content...instead you can get a new skin every 5th day of halloween dailies, which also does not count towards the 10 daily ap requirements. And jokes on you! You can't unlock all the skins during a single season nor trade them through tp!

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Skins the one awarded through ap chests.

> Titles from ap great chests.

>

> There’s no way to aim directly to them.

> You have to farm ap forever and ever.

>

> And Since there is no cap yes, you have to farm every single daily login in order to pursue your goal.

Yes, but those aren't gated specifically by the dailies. They are gated by needing lots of AP. And technically, they aren't even all obtainable even if you cap dailies. So, like I said above, that's a problem that is distinct from the issue of concern to the OP: they want the rewards from doing dailies without taking 5, maybe 15 minutes to earn them.

And let me rephrase it just in case it's not clear: ANet is extremely stingy with AP and that's an issue for many who want certain skins (or titles) from the AP reward chests. But that would still be an issue for most players whether or not it was even easier to get 10 AP/day up to 15k.