Should there be a gem store item that auto completes dailies ?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Eternalight.4708" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Eternalight.4708" said:

> > > This wouldn't happen simply because doing dailies is **_optional_**

> >

> > So is unlocking waypoints

>

> So is playing the game. The waypoints are an existing part of the game. Automated dailies are not. Time & resources are better used elsewhere.

This is a non-argument. What is the difference between unlocking WPs and getting dailies done for money? It's the same category - an insignificant chore. Since anet decided to do first step in selling progression unlocks through gemstore, go further. There is absolutely no need to limit their income options at this point. Dailies unlock isn't giving any power up, it's just a convenience. Like unlimited tools.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> Dailies are a task system to help people find content they enjoy. Though, I guess in a way, anyone who would buy this feature is so pigheaded they already know what they enjoy... which is frankly kind of boring, but hey, it's not my playtime.

what the 1% of people who actually enjoys dailies the pve ones or pvp ones used to be best because you could do them in 3-5 min now they changed them so the wvw ones are generally the fastest, i see what they are doing with dailies the do 5 event on a map one is just a waste of my time. then i go and do wvw ones and people in wvw bitch that im doing dailies in wvw.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > Dailies are a task system to help people find content they enjoy. Though, I guess in a way, anyone who would buy this feature is so pigheaded they already know what they enjoy... which is frankly kind of boring, but hey, it's not my playtime.

>

> what the 1% of people who actually enjoys dailies the pve ones or pvp ones used to be best because you could do them in 3-5 min now they changed them so the wvw ones are generally the fastest, i see what they are doing with dailies the do 5 event on a map one is just a waste of my time. then i go and do wvw ones and people in wvw kitten that im doing dailies in wvw.

Huh. It usually takes me around 3 minutes to run to a camp, let alone flip 2 of them. Personally, I think PvP is the fastest since games seldom go longer than 10 minutes - and if you win, you usually get all 3 dailies, so it's usually in your interests to actually try.

As for PvE dailies, consider it this way: Anet are trying to populate core maps for the sakes of newer players who didn't get the origional GW2 experience. I like the idea of returning to core maps occasionally to face content I origionally struggled with - like the Spider Queen in Kessex hills, who must die everytime I get a Kessex hills daily. If I can share that with a few people, all the better~!

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > I like the idea of returning to core maps occasionally to face content I origionally struggled with - like the Spider Queen in Kessex hills, who must die everytime I get a Kessex hills daily. If I can share that with a few people, all the better~!

Forgot about that *****! :) Yeah, I love going back to core tyria a lot. Events I forgot about, or chains that complete all four in a heart beat. Flying around in zones I used to take forever to run through. Gotta find a way to keep all the maps populated and dailies are doing a great job of it. Haven't done a single event that didn't have more than enough players participating.

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > Dailies are a task system to help people find content they enjoy. Though, I guess in a way, anyone who would buy this feature is so pigheaded they already know what they enjoy... which is frankly kind of boring, but hey, it's not my playtime.

> >

> > what the 1% of people who actually enjoys dailies the pve ones or pvp ones used to be best because you could do them in 3-5 min now they changed them so the wvw ones are generally the fastest, i see what they are doing with dailies the do 5 event on a map one is just a waste of my time. then i go and do wvw ones and people in wvw kitten that im doing dailies in wvw.

>

> Huh. It usually takes me around 3 minutes to run to a camp, let alone flip 2 of them. Personally, I think PvP is the fastest since games seldom go longer than 10 minutes - and if you win, you usually get all 3 dailies, so it's usually in your interests to actually try.

>

> As for PvE dailies, consider it this way: Anet are trying to populate core maps for the sakes of newer players who didn't get the origional GW2 experience. I like the idea of returning to core maps occasionally to face content I origionally struggled with - like the Spider Queen in Kessex hills, who must die everytime I get a Kessex hills daily. If I can share that with a few people, all the better~!

I personally find all the PvP and WvW ones (minus PvP kills and just playing a PvP match) a gamble.

Not guaranteed to win, gain points, top stats, getting to caravans (people can take camps or kill you before you get there) or any of the WvW in general (can kill you before you get to them).

The only WvW one which would be easy to do is the glory spending if you even have any of the glory to spend to get that daily done.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > Dailies are a task system to help people find content they enjoy. Though, I guess in a way, anyone who would buy this feature is so pigheaded they already know what they enjoy... which is frankly kind of boring, but hey, it's not my playtime.

> > >

> > > what the 1% of people who actually enjoys dailies the pve ones or pvp ones used to be best because you could do them in 3-5 min now they changed them so the wvw ones are generally the fastest, i see what they are doing with dailies the do 5 event on a map one is just a waste of my time. then i go and do wvw ones and people in wvw kitten that im doing dailies in wvw.

> >

> > Huh. It usually takes me around 3 minutes to run to a camp, let alone flip 2 of them. Personally, I think PvP is the fastest since games seldom go longer than 10 minutes - and if you win, you usually get all 3 dailies, so it's usually in your interests to actually try.

> >

> > As for PvE dailies, consider it this way: Anet are trying to populate core maps for the sakes of newer players who didn't get the origional GW2 experience. I like the idea of returning to core maps occasionally to face content I origionally struggled with - like the Spider Queen in Kessex hills, who must die everytime I get a Kessex hills daily. If I can share that with a few people, all the better~!

>

> I personally find all the PvP and WvW ones (minus PvP kills and just playing a PvP match) a gamble.

> Not guaranteed to win, gain points, top stats, getting to caravans (people can take camps or kill you before you get there) or any of the WvW in general (can kill you before you get to them).

> The only WvW one which would be easy to do is the glory spending if you even have any of the glory to spend to get that daily done.

You're not guarenteed to win or get top stats - but with PvP as it stands, everyone seems to maintain a 50/50 win-lose ratio. Certain builds are also good for getting certain top stats (for example, Rangers typically get top kills, Druids get top healing, Burn Guards get top damage, bunkers typically get top defender/most damage taken, etc etc). If you're not getting top win stats when you want them, then it might be best to change your build and playstyle.

You are, however, guarenteed to win PvP points. Even if you didn't, you could just consume one of your PvP reward potions to pop the daily.

As for WvW, my favourite dailies are:

~ Kill 2x camps

~ Kill 1x Mr Fluffles (flag dude who hangs out between the keeps)

~ Kill Caravan (can do in conjunction with killing the camps)

... mainly because they're all fast, and you don't need a group to do them under-the-radar. I do think WvW dailies are usually easier to complete on losing worlds, however, since there are more things to take and less enemies to fight (because they've already won).

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > > > > Dailies are a task system to help people find content they enjoy. Though, I guess in a way, anyone who would buy this feature is so pigheaded they already know what they enjoy... which is frankly kind of boring, but hey, it's not my playtime.

> > > >

> > > > what the 1% of people who actually enjoys dailies the pve ones or pvp ones used to be best because you could do them in 3-5 min now they changed them so the wvw ones are generally the fastest, i see what they are doing with dailies the do 5 event on a map one is just a waste of my time. then i go and do wvw ones and people in wvw kitten that im doing dailies in wvw.

> > >

> > > Huh. It usually takes me around 3 minutes to run to a camp, let alone flip 2 of them. Personally, I think PvP is the fastest since games seldom go longer than 10 minutes - and if you win, you usually get all 3 dailies, so it's usually in your interests to actually try.

> > >

> > > As for PvE dailies, consider it this way: Anet are trying to populate core maps for the sakes of newer players who didn't get the origional GW2 experience. I like the idea of returning to core maps occasionally to face content I origionally struggled with - like the Spider Queen in Kessex hills, who must die everytime I get a Kessex hills daily. If I can share that with a few people, all the better~!

> >

> > I personally find all the PvP and WvW ones (minus PvP kills and just playing a PvP match) a gamble.

> > Not guaranteed to win, gain points, top stats, getting to caravans (people can take camps or kill you before you get there) or any of the WvW in general (can kill you before you get to them).

> > The only WvW one which would be easy to do is the glory spending if you even have any of the glory to spend to get that daily done.

>

> You're not guarenteed to win or get top stats - but with PvP as it stands, everyone seems to maintain a 50/50 win-lose ratio. Certain builds are also good for getting certain top stats (for example, Rangers typically get top kills, Druids get top healing, Burn Guards get top damage, bunkers typically get top defender/most damage taken, etc etc). If you're not getting top win stats when you want them, then it might be best to change your build and playstyle.

>

> You are, however, guarenteed to win PvP points. Even if you didn't, you could just consume one of your PvP reward potions to pop the daily.

>

>

> As for WvW, my favourite dailies are:

> ~ Kill 2x camps

> ~ Kill 1x Mr Fluffles (flag dude who hangs out between the keeps)

> ~ Kill Caravan (can do in conjunction with killing the camps)

> ... mainly because they're all fast, and you don't need a group to do them under-the-radar. I do think WvW dailies are usually easier to complete on losing worlds, however, since there are more things to take and less enemies to fight (because they've already won).

Camps, Flags, Ruins, Caravans ARE the ones I usually try to do when I can, yeah.

Or that other one I forgot the name of of killing veteran guards.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > And Since there is no cap yes, you have to farm every single daily login in order to pursue your goal.

> >

> > Incorrect. The cap is a total of 15,000 AP.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement#Categories

> >

> > The cap is probably the reason why they added 2 gold to the daily.

> >

>

> I was aware of the cap, but since you should do 1500 days of dailies with no days off in order to complete ( compulsive people ) it, it's definitely a long term goal.

>

> I play since 6 months after the release if i recall correctly, and i don't have more of them ( most of the daily are because of SPvP or because i managed to do the last daily of the day because i happened to indirectly make 2 out o 3 ), so yeah the "normal target" shouldn't be the hardcore from beta till today nor the compulsive one which feels the urge to do his dailies.

>

There use to have monthly achievs on top of daily achiev. Those that maxed their daily cap didn't need 1500 days to cap it. Don't need to be compulsive or hardcore. just needed to be there at the right time

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > ok you assume i care what others think it was an idea i had and i just threw it out there.

>

> You don't care what others think, yet you created a poll thread . . .

>

They're always like that, just read their older comments. hahahaha

> @"FitzChevalerie.1035" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > And Since there is no cap yes, you have to farm every single daily login in order to pursue your goal.

> > >

> > > Incorrect. The cap is a total of 15,000 AP.

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement#Categories

> > >

> > > The cap is probably the reason why they added 2 gold to the daily.

> > >

> >

> > I was aware of the cap, but since you should do 1500 days of dailies with no days off in order to complete ( compulsive people ) it, it's definitely a long term goal.

> >

> > I play since 6 months after the release if i recall correctly, and i don't have more of them ( most of the daily are because of SPvP or because i managed to do the last daily of the day because i happened to indirectly make 2 out o 3 ), so yeah the "normal target" shouldn't be the hardcore from beta till today nor the compulsive one which feels the urge to do his dailies.

> >

>

> There use to have monthly achievs on top of daily achiev. Those that maxed their daily cap didn't need 1500 days to cap it. Don't need to be compulsive or hardcore. just needed to be there at the right time

That does mean nothing.

Given the discussion's topic you can't just consider only those who happened to be there in the right moment, as you can't consider only those who played since the release and managed to cap the 15k from dailies ( but ofc veterans do exist, indeed ).

A new player has to do 4500 dailies for 1500 days in order to cap the AP from dailies and unlock skins or other stuff AP related he could want.

There's no specific path to follow, just meaningless farm ( and AP from dailies are definitely good toward this goal ).

That said, submitting to dailies is a form of compulsion ( even the daily login ), since is not something you do for fun.

Same goes for farming and grinding, though all these things are pretty standard for a MMO.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> That said, submitting to dailies is a form of compulsion ( even the daily login ), since is not something you do for fun.

I hit the 15K cap long ago, but I still do 6 - 9 of the available options each day. For fun. It takes my characters back to maps they wouldn't otherwise visit. It takes me into WvW when I might not otherwise bother. It even takes me into PvP for a round or two on farm servers, which moves forward my reward track.

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

>

> > That said, submitting to dailies is a form of compulsion ( even the daily login ), since is not something you do for fun.

>

> I hit the 15K cap long ago, but I still do 6 - 9 of the available options each day. For fun. It takes my characters back to maps they wouldn't otherwise visit. It takes me into WvW when I might not otherwise bother. It even takes me into PvP for a round or two on farm servers, which moves forward my reward track.

>

>

That is what daily quest do.

They give you tasks in exchange for a reward.

What I like about gw2 is that I am not forced to do anything.

SPVP dailies are top, because they are automatically completed. I mean that I don't login for spvp dailies, but If i login in order to play spvp i got completion Regardless the way i play.

WvW is a mix because it can be achieved by playing in group or roaming, or by doing specific tasks. I don't really like them btw, but they are better than PvE in terms of freedom.

PvE dailies imho sucks because you have to do specific tasks, that's why rarely i happen to complete any of them though i could have played a whole hour.

No, just no. The idea of dailies is to get you to come back, to do things you otherwise wouldn't, to try them out maybe, and to perhaps get "distracted" to do other stuff along the way. If you just had an item in your inventory to use to tick them off would destroy the very idea behind them.

If it weren't for dailies I would have never tried Fractals, PvP or WvW, or at least not too soon. And even when I finish them I often find myself sticking around, in PvE maps too. If you really find them so terrible to do just maybe don't, most of them have pretty meaningless rewards anyway.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Eternalight.4708" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Eternalight.4708" said:

> > > > This wouldn't happen simply because doing dailies is **_optional_**

> > >

> > > So is unlocking waypoints

> >

> > So is playing the game. The waypoints are an existing part of the game. Automated dailies are not. Time & resources are better used elsewhere.

>

> This is a non-argument. What is the difference between unlocking WPs and getting dailies done for money? It's the same category - an insignificant chore. Since anet decided to do first step in selling progression unlocks through gemstore, go further. There is absolutely no need to limit their income options at this point. Dailies unlock isn't giving any power up, it's just a convenience. Like unlimited tools.

They are not at all the "same category". There is a very wide gap between shortening wait time between activities and automatically succeeding at activities. Unlocking waypoints is not an activity. Unlocking waypoints is something that helps you find, do, and redo activities. Paying to unlock them opens up more activities for you to do and shortens the wait time between activities. Daily quests, on the other hand, are activities themselves. "Skipping" daily quests means not doing the associated activity and expecting associated rewards, the very definition of "pay to win". To use your own example: infinite gathering tools mean you don't have to wait - stop what you are doing and reequip/buy a new tool - to gather materials; they do not gather the materials for you.

Fairly sure this has been mentioned but dailies are there to encourage participation in certain events. By providing an option to "skip" content but acquire the rewards, players will be more encouraged to choose this and in turn reduce the population pool available for activities.

Let's say that you ordinarily complete your dailies by playing a pvp match or two. Now let's presume that 5-10% of the population would purchase the "autocomplete dailies" function. We have reduced the pool of players in pvp. The same theory can be applied across many modes. This can snowball as more veteran players choose to participate less pushing those percentages to 40%+. The end result is ultimately that dailies become obsolete and you're just straight out purchasing in game items from the gem store which is something A-net has been against ( let's ignore the boosters situation).

Perhaps, and this is just a thought, there could be a gem store item - 50 gems maybe - which can be bought 1 per day which gives you **only** 10AP. If you're that desperate for AP, this is something I can live with - capped to 10 daily AP for 50 gems per hit.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> I say no for one reason.

> Like yesterday/today I struggled to find any dailies I wanted/could do, but finally got them done but here's the thing. I do them for the gold as I really don't have a way to make gold in this game.

> If I were to buy something in the gem store to complete them, those same gems I could turn into gold so what is the bloody point?

There's so many other ways to make gold...

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Eternalight.4708" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Eternalight.4708" said:

> > > > > This wouldn't happen simply because doing dailies is **_optional_**

> > > >

> > > > So is unlocking waypoints

> > >

> > > So is playing the game. The waypoints are an existing part of the game. Automated dailies are not. Time & resources are better used elsewhere.

> >

> > This is a non-argument. What is the difference between unlocking WPs and getting dailies done for money? It's the same category - an insignificant chore. Since anet decided to do first step in selling progression unlocks through gemstore, go further. There is absolutely no need to limit their income options at this point. Dailies unlock isn't giving any power up, it's just a convenience. Like unlimited tools.

>

> They are not at all the "same category". There is a very wide gap between shortening wait time between activities and automatically succeeding at activities. Unlocking waypoints is not an activity. Unlocking waypoints is something that helps you find, do, and redo activities. Paying to unlock them opens up more activities for you to do and shortens the wait time between activities. Daily quests, on the other hand, are activities themselves. "Skipping" daily quests means not doing the associated activity and expecting associated rewards, the very definition of "pay to win". To use your own example: infinite gathering tools mean you don't have to wait - stop what you are doing and reequip/buy a new tool - to gather materials; they do not gather the materials for you.

The complexity of dailies is equal to running through mobs between waypoints. It's a chore and nothing else. Also, you don't really win anything if you buy dailies - there is no power associated with achieving AP cap, it requires time. It's exactly the same as waypoints.

Also, pay to win already exists in gw2. Anet allows you to pay other players to complete raids for you, getting rewards without participating in the activity. And I am sure we can find examples of people who bought gold with gems to pay for raid completion.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.