Please Add Jumping Puzzles To LS4

I love Chalice of Tears. I would like to see harder jumping puzzles added with multiple checkpoints. I wouldn't mind it being harder than Chalice or Not So Secret. I would be happy for any level of jumping puzzle but hope we get something as epic as Chalice coming. Perhaps another requirement for another legendary item. CHEERS! JPS are life!

I liked the jumping puzzles but they must be quite a lot of effort for something that people do very infrequently.

I've done chalice of tears three times, for example, once almost to the end for some mursaat tokens (didn't realise I couldn't portal back up), once for the mastery, once for the legendary trinket collection. I have no real incentive to do it again.

A combination of a mount race/JP combination might be a good idea?

I'm not gonna try Chalice of Tears again before I get my mesmer in shape. But I actually did like the jumping puzzle in Siren's Landing a lot.

I'm not sure what to think about JPs. I'm not doing those I already have done unless they are dailies, and even then I won't skip a mesmer giving me the easy route. I don't hate them as others do. But I guess I agree with Pifil that they are probably a good effort to make for apparently not very many appreciating them too much. But then again MMOs are also about a certain kind of variety, and gliding and mounts and stuff are begging for us to get long and more challenging JPs.

I also liked the Silverwastes JP a lot. It was long, not too hard, but just traversing these depths and heights of the Silverwastes was kinda fun and nice to experience.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> If what looks like a unfinished JP in Bloodstone Fen was intended to be one I wish they would finish it.

What do you mean? I never noticed anything. There is one in Caledon Forest that is now blocked off and which was never finished.

> @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > If what looks like a unfinished JP in Bloodstone Fen was intended to be one I wish they would finish it.

> What do you mean? I never noticed anything. There is one in Caledon Forest that is now blocked off and which was never finished.

Deep in the cavern there is a smaller cave with a chimney and broken stairs that people have speculated was supposed to be a JP that didn't get finished. If you try to go up the chimney you'll find it plugged with the same kind of barrier you get at map edges.

> @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > No thank you.

>

> i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> @"Rennie.6750" said:

> I like JPs, but the old core tyria style. From season 2, they got longer and less interesting. Hint to the devs: if we like something it doesn't have to be turned into some tedious hardcore activity that lasts 20 mins when executed properly.

Well the thing is that a lot of people that liked jumping puzzles wanted more difficult ones. The ones that were available at launch are fairly bleh. The design element with the check points is to reduce the chances of people cheesing it with Mesmer portals.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Rennie.6750" said:

> > I like JPs, but the old core tyria style. From season 2, they got longer and less interesting. Hint to the devs: if we like something it doesn't have to be turned into some tedious hardcore activity that lasts 20 mins when executed properly.

>

> Well the thing is that a lot of people that liked jumping puzzles wanted more difficult ones. The ones that were available at launch are fairly bleh. The design element with the check points is to reduce the chances of people cheesing it with Mesmer portals.

More jumping puzzles that can be cheesed my mesmers, please. Then you can put in all the jumping puzzles you like, Arenanet!

I don't see why they don't make them more like adventures (perhaps without the gold, silver and bronze times).

For example, at the bottom of a cliff you interact with a griffon feather and turn into a baby griffon, then you have to make your way up the cliff to a nest using baby griffon skills. Using portals, teleport to friend, waypoints etc. breaks the transformation and you can only open the end chest of you're a baby griffon. It would be fun, IMO, would ensure a more even playing field as everyone has the same skills and they won't have to cut off parts of the map as no mount or no glider zones.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> I don't see why they don't make them more like adventures (perhaps without the gold, silver and bronze times).

>

> For example, at the bottom of a cliff you interact with a griffon feather and turn into a baby griffon, then you have to make your way up the cliff to a nest using baby griffon skills. Using portals, teleport to friend, waypoints etc. breaks the transformation and you can only open the end chest of you're a baby griffon. It would be fun, IMO, would ensure a more even playing field as everyone has the same skills and they won't have to cut off parts of the map as no mount or no glider zones.

Nah, because some people prefer to do it and some like to help those who can't. Porting people is a community driven idea that brings people closer and adds a bit more human interaction. Its perfect the way it is. Some people like to gather materials for 4 hours. As for me, I like to port people and even if i don't make as much as a good farmer sometimes, I would rather port people and gain a few tips dealing with humans which is awesome on many levels.

:-1:

I want to see jumping puzzles, but fno on them being like those garbage pail "puzzles" like Chalice or Secret. The one in Siren's Landing was probably the best one I've run across. Not too long, plenty of checkpoints, required good perception and jumping skills. What it didn't have was crappily-conveyed pixel jumps, little to no directional cues (blind gliding jumps, really?), and ranged mobs interrupting your jumps into a full restart.

The solution is to actually make a difference between "clean" and "aided" jumping runs. Just add a little more into the chests for the clean jumpers, that's all. Doesn't need to be something big, just a little nod for your effort. It may be a title if you do all the JPs in Central Tyria clean, for example. It may be a chance to get something special in the final chest. It may be a couple extra silvers or mats. Just... something to feel that actually doing the JP as intended is acknowledged.

I kinda wish they would ad more instance based jumping puzzles, that way we don't need to deal with them turning off Mounts or Gliding in open world maps. Like, just put in gateway like Mad King, Wintersday, or Obsidian Sanctum, and they could set the mood.. is it co-op like OS, or FFA like Mad-King. It could also give us options like Dungeons where we could pick harder or easier, or make it like Wintersday where we could just pick paths once inside.

If they made them Instance, They could also make them as huge as they like, or as small and direct as they want, and revamp them without modifying the rest of the world map.