Please Add Jumping Puzzles To LS4

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > No thank you.

> >

> > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

>

> Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

Half the LS3 maps had JPs, so I assume at least some of the LS4 ones will

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> I despised Chalice of Tears, but I have no problem with more JPs being put into the game so long as they're:

>

> * Fair.

> * Not blocking access to map completion, mastery, ect.

Also don't put collectibles for unrelated achievements in them, for christ's sake.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> Half the LS3 maps had JPs, so I assume at least some of the LS4 ones will

>

> > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > I despised Chalice of Tears, but I have no problem with more JPs being put into the game so long as they're:

> >

> > * Fair.

> > * Not blocking access to map completion, mastery, ect.

> Also don't put collectibles for unrelated achievements in them, for christ's sake.

So glad the video I saw for Ember Bay shown me everything to get on the way up. Including the collectibles.

In the end I got my braham stuck between a stupid rock and a wall and had to get a Mesmer to get me out, but yeah.... putting collectibles in a jumping puzzle should just stop.

I didn't figure out or aim for the gold coins in the Silverwastes one until after I was aiming for masteries in core tyria and had the mounts (mainly Griffon) to do it.

Saw the dulfy video for it and was wondering what the person who placed those things around was smoking as it was pre-glider also.

> @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > No thank you.

> > >

> > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> >

> > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > > No thank you.

> > > >

> > > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> > >

> > > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> > Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

>

> Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

I wish I could solo Serpents' Ire so I can have chances on getting damn precursors.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > > > No thank you.

> > > > >

> > > > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> > > >

> > > > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> > > Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

> >

> > Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

>

> I wish I could solo Serpents' Ire so I can have chances on getting kitten precursors.

This doesn't belong here, but: Sorry, the game's a MMORPG - you're supposed to play (together) with others. The problem with Serpent's Ire ist that the majority of people still haven't grasped the concept of defiance bars. In that regard, it's a shame that ANet nerfed stuff like Eater of Souls which was meant to force people to understand that concept. Serpent's Ire is clearly a community-problem.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > > > > No thank you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> > > > >

> > > > > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> > > > Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

> > >

> > > Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

> >

> > I wish I could solo Serpents' Ire so I can have chances on getting kitten precursors.

>

> This doesn't belong here, but: Sorry, the game's a MMORPG - you're supposed to play (together) with others. The problem with Serpent's Ire ist that the majority of people still haven't grasped the concept of defiance bars. In that regard, it's a shame that ANet nerfed stuff like Eater of Souls which was meant to force people to understand that concept. Serpent's Ire is clearly a community-problem.

Then show them how to. Arenanet never shown them.

I know how to do it and because me and maybe 2% of the squad knows how to, I've seen 2 successes and hundreds of failures.

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > > > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > > > > > No thank you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> > > > > Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

> > > >

> > > > Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

> > >

> > > I wish I could solo Serpents' Ire so I can have chances on getting kitten precursors.

> >

> > This doesn't belong here, but: Sorry, the game's a MMORPG - you're supposed to play (together) with others. The problem with Serpent's Ire ist that the majority of people still haven't grasped the concept of defiance bars. In that regard, it's a shame that ANet nerfed stuff like Eater of Souls which was meant to force people to understand that concept. Serpent's Ire is clearly a community-problem.

>

> Then show them how to. Arenanet never shown them.

> I know how to do it and because me and maybe 2% of the squad knows how to, I've seen 2 successes and hundreds of failures.

Honestly, the mechanics are fairly intuitive and mostly, people - most commonly the comm which organized the squad - actually explain them. The main problem is that a lot of people neither want to listen nor want to follow commands nor want to adjust their build/weapons for more CC. ANet doesn't need to show people how stuff works. People just have to make an effort.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > > > > > > No thank you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> > > > > > Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

> > > >

> > > > I wish I could solo Serpents' Ire so I can have chances on getting kitten precursors.

> > >

> > > This doesn't belong here, but: Sorry, the game's a MMORPG - you're supposed to play (together) with others. The problem with Serpent's Ire ist that the majority of people still haven't grasped the concept of defiance bars. In that regard, it's a shame that ANet nerfed stuff like Eater of Souls which was meant to force people to understand that concept. Serpent's Ire is clearly a community-problem.

> >

> > Then show them how to. Arenanet never shown them.

> > I know how to do it and because me and maybe 2% of the squad knows how to, I've seen 2 successes and hundreds of failures.

>

> Honestly, the mechanics are fairly intuitive and mostly, people - most commonly the comm which organized the squad - actually explain them. The main problem is that a lot of people neither want to listen nor want to follow commands nor want to adjust their build/weapons for more CC. ANet doesn't need to show people how stuff works. People just have to make an effort.

If they don't want to for an expensive precursor, how would you make them put effort?

I shouldn't have to suffer for bookahs.

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > > > > > > > No thank you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> > > > > > > Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

> > > > >

> > > > > I wish I could solo Serpents' Ire so I can have chances on getting kitten precursors.

> > > >

> > > > This doesn't belong here, but: Sorry, the game's a MMORPG - you're supposed to play (together) with others. The problem with Serpent's Ire ist that the majority of people still haven't grasped the concept of defiance bars. In that regard, it's a shame that ANet nerfed stuff like Eater of Souls which was meant to force people to understand that concept. Serpent's Ire is clearly a community-problem.

> > >

> > > Then show them how to. Arenanet never shown them.

> > > I know how to do it and because me and maybe 2% of the squad knows how to, I've seen 2 successes and hundreds of failures.

> >

> > Honestly, the mechanics are fairly intuitive and mostly, people - most commonly the comm which organized the squad - actually explain them. The main problem is that a lot of people neither want to listen nor want to follow commands nor want to adjust their build/weapons for more CC. ANet doesn't need to show people how stuff works. People just have to make an effort.

>

> If they don't want to for an expensive precursor, how would you make them put effort?

> I shouldn't have to suffer for **bookahs**.

You little impish Asura. ;)

Which precursor do you mean anyways? Sure, you shouldn't suffer due to other people, but sadly, that's the way it is.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Gabbynot.2654" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"MidnightX.6294" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > No thank you.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > i agree with you they do that kitten junk again . it might end living story jumping puzzles is another bad idea anet put into the game . that guild wars did not even have at all

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Some people actually enjoy JPs. They're also a factor which sets GW2 apart from other games. Your approach is somewhat egoistic, isn't it?

> > > > > > > > Not picking sides here, but I doubt that anyone has bought GW2 to play the JPs specifically. There are other, more important things that GW2 could do to set itself apart from other MMOs. I'm like 1/3 through PoF and must say that it disappoints me how cardboard/copy & paste like the events have become in it. I just hit Elon Riverlands and hope there are more and interesting event chains in it but so far it hasn't exactly blown me away regarding that. HoT was way better there.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Of course not, but I'd appreciate more JPs. People cried about HoT's large meta-events; that they're unfair; that there's not enough solo-content. You now experience how that turned out...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I wish I could solo Serpents' Ire so I can have chances on getting kitten precursors.

> > > > >

> > > > > This doesn't belong here, but: Sorry, the game's a MMORPG - you're supposed to play (together) with others. The problem with Serpent's Ire ist that the majority of people still haven't grasped the concept of defiance bars. In that regard, it's a shame that ANet nerfed stuff like Eater of Souls which was meant to force people to understand that concept. Serpent's Ire is clearly a community-problem.

> > > >

> > > > Then show them how to. Arenanet never shown them.

> > > > I know how to do it and because me and maybe 2% of the squad knows how to, I've seen 2 successes and hundreds of failures.

> > >

> > > Honestly, the mechanics are fairly intuitive and mostly, people - most commonly the comm which organized the squad - actually explain them. The main problem is that a lot of people neither want to listen nor want to follow commands nor want to adjust their build/weapons for more CC. ANet doesn't need to show people how stuff works. People just have to make an effort.

> >

> > If they don't want to for an expensive precursor, how would you make them put effort?

> > I shouldn't have to suffer for **bookahs**.

>

> You little impish Asura. ;)

>

> Which precursor do you mean anyways? Sure, you shouldn't suffer due to other people, but sadly, that's the way it is.

I need all except Axe and Torch still.

Still need Sword, Dagger, Rifle, etc.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > If what looks like a unfinished JP in Bloodstone Fen was intended to be one I wish they would finish it.

> > What do you mean? I never noticed anything. There is one in Caledon Forest that is now blocked off and which was never finished.

>

> Deep in the cavern there is a smaller cave with a chimney and broken stairs that people have speculated was supposed to be a JP that didn't get finished. If you try to go up the chimney you'll find it plugged with the same kind of barrier you get at map edges.

It doesn't go anywhere though. There is a way, above where the Bloodstone exploded, to jump over some terrain and end out outside the map area. If you move around to the area you talk about, it is just a vertical tube - not connected to anything.

That said, getting back to the OP's post, I've certainly seen a video on YouTube that shows an area under the new LS4 zone, which appears to be some sort of unfinished or yet to be completed Jumping puzzle type area. If you google GW2 and Golden Cobra Cavern, you'll see the area. Is it unfinished? Is it part of an in-yet released episode? Who knows.

Oh and as a person who was born in 1967, I hate the Chalice of Tears with a vengeance. Never quite managed to finish it with my reflexes having slowed down. Don't laugh, its going to happen to everyone one day including the developer who created that damned puzzle in the first place :)

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> I despised Chalice of Tears, but I have no problem with more JPs being put into the game so long as they're:

>

> * Fair.

> * Not blocking access to map completion, mastery, ect.

So much this. Having about 20% of the token collection embedded in that horrid excuse of game design really irks my nerves, and I'll be looking to buy a mesmer to help finish it someday.

> @"Andy.5981" said:

> Oh and as a person who was born in 1967, I hate the Chalice of Tears with a vengeance. Never quite managed to finish it with my reflexes having slowed down. Don't laugh, its going to happen to everyone one day including the developer who created that damned puzzle in the first place :)

I'm older than you and I did the Chalice of Tears. My reflexes have gotten better over the years. My biggest problem with the Chalice of Tears is someone IRL picked the time I was trying to do it for the first time to have a melt down. I eventually did it months later.

Not everyone has good reflexes or dexterity even when they are young. This is why I support mezmers porting and wish they would eliminate gliding and mount blocks. It's ok to block gliding and mounts for the first few months of a JP so the more skilled players can have a good go at them but they should eventually eliminate them. People with dexterity issues typically don't do JPs right after they are released. Maybe they could put a keybind to lock out mounts and gliding then give higher rewards for completing the JP with them locked out.