Two-Seater Mounts? Why Not?

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> According to the PoF mounts concept arts, they were indeed going for 2-seated mounts variations. As much I would love to see this come true, why the hell did they change their mind of this?!

>

> Take a look on WoW's 2 seated mounts, if they can do it, so can we.

> I'd love to have a buddy with me!

Arenanet is not Blizzard. They are not capable of doing anything and/or everything a one of the largest gaming companies is capable of. They changed their minds with the two-seater mount because they couldn't get it to work mechanically, because they realized that it could be used to grief other players (since such a mount would by necessity be roughly twice as large as any currently existing mount) and because as novel as the idea is it really isn't all that useful in game.

As I said in another post:

XYLO.7031

July 12, 2020

I would love to have another player to hop into the passenger seat of my beetle for a test spin. I will call it "Spill your guts Sundays" or "Throw-Up Thursdays" or "Toss your Cookies Tuesdays" or "Lose your Lunch Fridays." And with that said, I would also propose a special auto-emote for a passenger leaving the vehicle early or after an extended duration of spinning, drifting, and big air jumps. :smiley:

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> Why stop at 2 per mount? how about 22 per mount? or 222? Bus mounts incoming.

>

> On a serious note - personally happy with just the 1 person mount - no desire for more - I think the way the game is coded limits how much one player can move another. Only some CC skills in pvp/wvw can displace a characters or change its position currently (and some pull utilities such as ranger "Search and Rescue") - it might just be difficult to implement.

I am looking forward to bus mounts :)

> @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > Why stop at 2 per mount? how about 22 per mount? or 222? Bus mounts incoming.

> >

> > On a serious note - personally happy with just the 1 person mount - no desire for more - I think the way the game is coded limits how much one player can move another. Only some CC skills in pvp/wvw can displace a characters or change its position currently (and some pull utilities such as ranger "Search and Rescue") - it might just be difficult to implement.

>

> I am looking forward to bus mounts :)

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

This is a good feature for sure but there's problems for some players and Anet.

Think about someone mount on your back and you run through all the poi or leave the player in that difficult vista _(or two norns)_ , those are the problems I see and there's no way to stop that. Same thing with the Follow command.

It would be nice if it was in my opinion but with some restrictions like:

Open World only

Have at least 1 expansion

Paid second seat, an achievement or a mastery.

Not all mounts, some is going to be really hard to put the second seat, Skimmer, Bunny and Beetle for example, where is the second player going to sit?

> @"JohnWater.5760" said:

> This is a good feature for sure but there's problems for some players and Anet.

>

> Think about someone mount on your back and you run through all the poi or leave the player in that difficult vista _(or two norns)_ , those are the problems I see and there's no way to stop that. Same thing with the Follow command.

>

> It would be nice if it was in my opinion but with some restrictions like:

>

> Open World only

> Have at least 1 expansion

> Paid second seat, an achievement or a mastery.

> Not all mounts, some is going to be really hard to put the second seat, Skimmer, Bunny and Beetle for example, where is the second player going to sit?

>

>

>

Basically its a way for people to become of service to each other. That is what you want in MMORPG games.

GW1 had a zone where people ran through it to shortcut the game rather than doing a lotta story. Ice zone with wurms.

GW1 only 1 person had to survive and everyone else instant spawn on the other side of the zone.

GW1 is a fun game too, stuff like that is called player service.

Just like in GW2 you have people who sell raids, sell arah paths, etc. They providing service, you pay up for it beforehand.