Plz Confirm Evasive Mirror Nerf

Vieux P.1238

Evasive Mirror is One of the dueling traits that let's you reflect projectiles for a full 2 sec. I been noticing since last patch seems to have been shortened for 1 sec. I use to reflect a full P/P thief pew pew barrage that use to gun me down if i wasn't traited. But Now i only reflect half of it, downing me 3/4 of my life. Can some one confirm this nerf?

ThQ

> @"flog.3485" said:

> You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

>

> Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

>

> Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

>

Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> >

> > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> >

> > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> >

>

> Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> > >

> > > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> > >

> > > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> > >

> >

> > Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

>

> Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

How about you get with a thief, put slow on them, and then see how much of a single unload you dodge? It's not Anet's job to jump to their feet and do testing every time some random forum Joe claims that something is broken.

If you think it's broken, test it, record it, and then post it.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> > > >

> > > > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

> >

> > Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

>

> How about you get with a thief, put slow on them, and then see how much of a single unload you dodge? It's not Anet's job to jump to their feet and do testing every time some random forum Joe claims that something is broken.

>

> If you think it's broken, test it, record it, and then post it.

I did, & i want a second opinion & maybe a third before calling it a bug or so..

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

> > >

> > > Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

> >

> > How about you get with a thief, put slow on them, and then see how much of a single unload you dodge? It's not Anet's job to jump to their feet and do testing every time some random forum Joe claims that something is broken.

> >

> > If you think it's broken, test it, record it, and then post it.

>

> I did, & i want a second opinion & maybe a third before calling it a bug or so..

Clearly you didn't. Firstly, I don't see a recording. Secondly, you claim that "you only reflect half of [a thief unload". Well, unload only lasts 1.5s in total, and it's not actually firing shots for the entire duration of that 1.5s. Assuming that they did nerf evasive mirror to 1s, you could still reflect a minimum of 2/3 of the attack, or roughly 6 shots of it, minimum 5. Worst case you'd eat 2 or 3 hits of unload for a total of .8 to 1.2 skill coefficient. That's equal to a front-stab in the worst case, which isn't taking out the claimed 3/4 of your health even under optimal conditions.

It's vastly more likely that you either mistimed the dodge or had some small latency affecting your timing than Anet secretly needing this trait for no reason whatsoever. If you actually think it's bugged, test it **properly** and record the results. Here, I'll even show you how it's done:

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

> > > >

> > > > Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

> > >

> > > How about you get with a thief, put slow on them, and then see how much of a single unload you dodge? It's not Anet's job to jump to their feet and do testing every time some random forum Joe claims that something is broken.

> > >

> > > If you think it's broken, test it, record it, and then post it.

> >

> > I did, & i want a second opinion & maybe a third before calling it a bug or so..

>

> Clearly you didn't. Firstly, I don't see a recording. Secondly, you claim that "you only reflect half of [a thief unload". Well, unload only lasts 1.5s in total, and it's not actually firing shots for the entire duration of that 1.5s. Assuming that they did nerf evasive mirror to 1s, you could still reflect a minimum of 2/3 of the attack, or roughly 6 shots of it, minimum 5. Worst case you'd eat 2 or 3 hits of unload for a total of .8 to 1.2 skill coefficient. That's equal to a front-stab in the worst case, which isn't taking out the claimed 3/4 of your health even under optimal conditions.

>

> It's vastly more likely that you either mistimed the dodge or had some small latency affecting your timing than Anet secretly needing this trait for no reason whatsoever. If you actually think it's bugged, test it **properly** and record the results. Here, I'll even show you how it's done:

Clearly?? First of all why you showing me a video dated from 2014? Second of all i don't need to post a video showing something is up cuz something is up! & yes i did tested it. 3rd, i am asking if it has been nerfed or if it is a bug, to revert to what it was. a full 2sec reflect. Cuz that's what it the trait stipulates & that's what it is. A 2sec reflect! . Plus, it's one of the only effective defense we have against pew pew thieves that unloads so much dps that downs every mesmers in 1.5 seconds. Your making my point. & if you don't like it cuz it's to strong, then don't make your pew pew so strong & so glassy that you gun yourself down with your own pew pew. -PooF! (Drop tha Mike)

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

> > > >

> > > > How about you get with a thief, put slow on them, and then see how much of a single unload you dodge? It's not Anet's job to jump to their feet and do testing every time some random forum Joe claims that something is broken.

> > > >

> > > > If you think it's broken, test it, record it, and then post it.

> > >

> > > I did, & i want a second opinion & maybe a third before calling it a bug or so..

> >

> > Clearly you didn't. Firstly, I don't see a recording. Secondly, you claim that "you only reflect half of [a thief unload". Well, unload only lasts 1.5s in total, and it's not actually firing shots for the entire duration of that 1.5s. Assuming that they did nerf evasive mirror to 1s, you could still reflect a minimum of 2/3 of the attack, or roughly 6 shots of it, minimum 5. Worst case you'd eat 2 or 3 hits of unload for a total of .8 to 1.2 skill coefficient. That's equal to a front-stab in the worst case, which isn't taking out the claimed 3/4 of your health even under optimal conditions.

> >

> > It's vastly more likely that you either mistimed the dodge or had some small latency affecting your timing than Anet secretly needing this trait for no reason whatsoever. If you actually think it's bugged, test it **properly** and record the results. Here, I'll even show you how it's done:

>

> Clearly?? First of all why you showing me a video dated from 2014? Second of all i don't need to post a video showing something is up cuz something is up! & yes i did tested it. 3rd, i am asking if it has been nerfed or if it is a bug, to revert to what it was. a full 2sec reflect. Cuz that's what it the trait stipulates & that's what it is. A 2sec reflect! . Plus, it's one of the only effective defense we have against pew pew thieves that unloads so much dps that downs every mesmers in 1.5 seconds. Your making my point. & if you don't like it cuz it's to strong, then don't make your pew pew so strong & so glassy that you gun yourself down with your own pew pew. -PooF! (Drop tha Mike)

You're really accusing me of playing a P/P thief? That's cute.

My issue isn't with a potentially bugged trait, it's with crying wolf on the forums with inadequate evidence and more than adequate use of exclamation points.

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

> > > > >

> > > > > How about you get with a thief, put slow on them, and then see how much of a single unload you dodge? It's not Anet's job to jump to their feet and do testing every time some random forum Joe claims that something is broken.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you think it's broken, test it, record it, and then post it.

> > > >

> > > > I did, & i want a second opinion & maybe a third before calling it a bug or so..

> > >

> > > Clearly you didn't. Firstly, I don't see a recording. Secondly, you claim that "you only reflect half of [a thief unload". Well, unload only lasts 1.5s in total, and it's not actually firing shots for the entire duration of that 1.5s. Assuming that they did nerf evasive mirror to 1s, you could still reflect a minimum of 2/3 of the attack, or roughly 6 shots of it, minimum 5. Worst case you'd eat 2 or 3 hits of unload for a total of .8 to 1.2 skill coefficient. That's equal to a front-stab in the worst case, which isn't taking out the claimed 3/4 of your health even under optimal conditions.

> > >

> > > It's vastly more likely that you either mistimed the dodge or had some small latency affecting your timing than Anet secretly needing this trait for no reason whatsoever. If you actually think it's bugged, test it **properly** and record the results. Here, I'll even show you how it's done:

> >

> > Clearly?? First of all why you showing me a video dated from 2014? Second of all i don't need to post a video showing something is up cuz something is up! & yes i did tested it. 3rd, i am asking if it has been nerfed or if it is a bug, to revert to what it was. a full 2sec reflect. Cuz that's what it the trait stipulates & that's what it is. A 2sec reflect! . Plus, it's one of the only effective defense we have against pew pew thieves that unloads so much dps that downs every mesmers in 1.5 seconds. Your making my point. & if you don't like it cuz it's to strong, then don't make your pew pew so strong & so glassy that you gun yourself down with your own pew pew. -PooF! (Drop tha Mike)

>

> You're really accusing me of playing a P/P thief? That's cute.

>

> My issue isn't with a potentially bugged trait, it's with crying wolf on the forums with inadequate evidence and more than adequate use of exclamation points.

Ok it's obvious from your post on this thread your trolling. Trying to have an intelligent conversation with you is next to impossible & i'm finishing it here. If you took the time to read obviously you did not. You would of understood i've asked for confirmation! & there is no where in any of my previous post that i cried wolf. Your putting words & making assumptions just because you prolly like to sound smart. After this, it's obvious your not & your just trolling for reactions. i'm done with you. -Peace!

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > > > You are sure that the timing of your evade matches the start of the attack from a P/P thief ? Because you won't proc the evade frame of 2 seconds if you haven't dodge an attack in the first place.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yes...100% sure. I'm very good on timing my evades. Something is off & it's on the trait duration despite 2sec showing on the trait. It's really not...!!???!!!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dawdler.8521: Yeah, i usually have thieves do kill themselves on there own bullets if they have a full blown glassy zerky builds.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Honestly it looks more like an overall bug affecting traits of mesmers. I have also encountered a bug with duelist discipline in which the trait doesn't trigger at all.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How about you get with a thief, put slow on them, and then see how much of a single unload you dodge? It's not Anet's job to jump to their feet and do testing every time some random forum Joe claims that something is broken.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you think it's broken, test it, record it, and then post it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I did, & i want a second opinion & maybe a third before calling it a bug or so..

> > > >

> > > > Clearly you didn't. Firstly, I don't see a recording. Secondly, you claim that "you only reflect half of [a thief unload". Well, unload only lasts 1.5s in total, and it's not actually firing shots for the entire duration of that 1.5s. Assuming that they did nerf evasive mirror to 1s, you could still reflect a minimum of 2/3 of the attack, or roughly 6 shots of it, minimum 5. Worst case you'd eat 2 or 3 hits of unload for a total of .8 to 1.2 skill coefficient. That's equal to a front-stab in the worst case, which isn't taking out the claimed 3/4 of your health even under optimal conditions.

> > > >

> > > > It's vastly more likely that you either mistimed the dodge or had some small latency affecting your timing than Anet secretly needing this trait for no reason whatsoever. If you actually think it's bugged, test it **properly** and record the results. Here, I'll even show you how it's done:

> > >

> > > Clearly?? First of all why you showing me a video dated from 2014? Second of all i don't need to post a video showing something is up cuz something is up! & yes i did tested it. 3rd, i am asking if it has been nerfed or if it is a bug, to revert to what it was. a full 2sec reflect. Cuz that's what it the trait stipulates & that's what it is. A 2sec reflect! . Plus, it's one of the only effective defense we have against pew pew thieves that unloads so much dps that downs every mesmers in 1.5 seconds. Your making my point. & if you don't like it cuz it's to strong, then don't make your pew pew so strong & so glassy that you gun yourself down with your own pew pew. -PooF! (Drop tha Mike)

> >

> > You're really accusing me of playing a P/P thief? That's cute.

> >

> > My issue isn't with a potentially bugged trait, it's with crying wolf on the forums with inadequate evidence and more than adequate use of exclamation points.

>

> Ok it's obvious from your post on this thread your trolling. Trying to have an intelligent conversation with you is next to impossible & i'm finishing it here. If you took the time to read obviously you did not. You would of understood i've asked for confirmation! & there is no where in any of my previous post that i cried wolf. Your putting words & making assumptions just because you prolly like to sound smart. After this, it's obvious your not & your just trolling for reactions. i'm done with you. -Peace!

"Can Anet confirm us that there looking into it?" after nothing but a wee bit of hearsay and exclamation points is hardly intelligent conversation and confirmation. As I said, it's not their job to hunt down every wacky accusation on the forums. It's your job to actually document the fact that a bug is occurring, and documentation is more than "this is totally happening!!!??". Honestly if I ever used the trait or really cared much about balance in this game anymore I'd do it myself, but that was Pyro of a couple years ago. I really don't care enough to chase down stuff like that now.

Just tested with a thief friend.

Working fine for me.

To note..

the trait says after a successful evasion, so if you dodge prememtively and they unload near the end of your dodge, when your dodge frames go off you get hit with projectiles.

other than that, its working for me fine.