auto-atack while downed

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > Holy kitten guys, this thread is the paradigm for misundestanding, misinterpreting, misreading or not reading at all. The OP still thinks that this is a bug although several posters already mentioned that there was no auto-attack at all since release. Maybe it was a thing in a beta, I can't remember.

> >

> > Thats the thing, if my memory is correct(it could not be its been so long) at release, if you downed and attacked(youd still have to initiate the attack, it wouldnt start as soon as you where downed) it would continue to attack without having to repeatedly press 1(which is irritating), so it *could* be bugged as its no longer doing that. To the people that are saying "id hate this" if a mechanic in game isnt functioning correctly, which may be the case then it needs to get fixed *then* make changes to it.

> >

> > On top of that, the skills listed on the Wiki, even though the wiki is player created, have not changed since launch(with a few exceptions), so the wiki may be correct on stating that they are supposed to be AA.

>

> I am pretty sure you never auto-attacked while going down, nor initiated auto-attack when pressing 1 once. You had to hit it constantly all the time. I would love that and I am sure be cause I would love to have that. It never functioned like the #1 skill of normal attack skills. At least not since release. That I am pretty sure of.

Honestly im pretty sure it was just in beta, but its so hazy. Would be nice to have though regardless of if it was that way or not!

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > Holy kitten guys, this thread is the paradigm for misundestanding, misinterpreting, misreading or not reading at all. The OP still thinks that this is a bug although several posters already mentioned that there was no auto-attack at all since release. Maybe it was a thing in a beta, I can't remember.

> >

> > Thats the thing, if my memory is correct(it could not be its been so long) at release, if you downed and attacked(youd still have to initiate the attack, it wouldnt start as soon as you where downed) it would continue to attack without having to repeatedly press 1(which is irritating), so it *could* be bugged as its no longer doing that. To the people that are saying "id hate this" if a mechanic in game isnt functioning correctly, which may be the case then it needs to get fixed *then* make changes to it.

> >

> > On top of that, the skills listed on the Wiki, even though the wiki is player created, have not changed since launch(with a few exceptions), so the wiki may be correct on stating that they are supposed to be AA.

>

> Someone changed the description to add "the first skill is an 'autoattack'" only earlier this year (in April 2018). I've edited the article back to the way it's been since there's been no mention of 'autoattack' since launch.

Ooo thats sneaky, i musta missed that edit when i was looking! Good find :disappointed:

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > Holy kitten guys, this thread is the paradigm for misundestanding, misinterpreting, misreading or not reading at all. The OP still thinks that this is a bug although several posters already mentioned that there was no auto-attack at all since release. Maybe it was a thing in a beta, I can't remember.

> > >

> > > Thats the thing, if my memory is correct(it could not be its been so long) at release, if you downed and attacked(youd still have to initiate the attack, it wouldnt start as soon as you where downed) it would continue to attack without having to repeatedly press 1(which is irritating), so it *could* be bugged as its no longer doing that. To the people that are saying "id hate this" if a mechanic in game isnt functioning correctly, which may be the case then it needs to get fixed *then* make changes to it.

> > >

> > > On top of that, the skills listed on the Wiki, even though the wiki is player created, have not changed since launch(with a few exceptions), so the wiki may be correct on stating that they are supposed to be AA.

> >

> > I am pretty sure you never auto-attacked while going down, nor initiated auto-attack when pressing 1 once. You had to hit it constantly all the time. I would love that and I am sure be cause I would love to have that. It never functioned like the #1 skill of normal attack skills. At least not since release. That I am pretty sure of.

>

> Honestly im pretty sure it was just in beta, but its so hazy. Would be nice to have though regardless of if it was that way or not!

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > Holy kitten guys, this thread is the paradigm for misundestanding, misinterpreting, misreading or not reading at all. The OP still thinks that this is a bug although several posters already mentioned that there was no auto-attack at all since release. Maybe it was a thing in a beta, I can't remember.

> > >

> > > Thats the thing, if my memory is correct(it could not be its been so long) at release, if you downed and attacked(youd still have to initiate the attack, it wouldnt start as soon as you where downed) it would continue to attack without having to repeatedly press 1(which is irritating), so it *could* be bugged as its no longer doing that. To the people that are saying "id hate this" if a mechanic in game isnt functioning correctly, which may be the case then it needs to get fixed *then* make changes to it.

> > >

> > > On top of that, the skills listed on the Wiki, even though the wiki is player created, have not changed since launch(with a few exceptions), so the wiki may be correct on stating that they are supposed to be AA.

> >

> > Someone changed the description to add "the first skill is an 'autoattack'" only earlier this year (in April 2018). I've edited the article back to the way it's been since there's been no mention of 'autoattack' since launch.

>

> Ooo thats sneaky, i musta missed that edit when i was looking! Good find :disappointed:

>

maybe a april fools everyone missed for 8 months?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > Holy kitten guys, this thread is the paradigm for misundestanding, misinterpreting, misreading or not reading at all. The OP still thinks that this is a bug although several posters already mentioned that there was no auto-attack at all since release. Maybe it was a thing in a beta, I can't remember.

> > > >

> > > > Thats the thing, if my memory is correct(it could not be its been so long) at release, if you downed and attacked(youd still have to initiate the attack, it wouldnt start as soon as you where downed) it would continue to attack without having to repeatedly press 1(which is irritating), so it *could* be bugged as its no longer doing that. To the people that are saying "id hate this" if a mechanic in game isnt functioning correctly, which may be the case then it needs to get fixed *then* make changes to it.

> > > >

> > > > On top of that, the skills listed on the Wiki, even though the wiki is player created, have not changed since launch(with a few exceptions), so the wiki may be correct on stating that they are supposed to be AA.

> > >

> > > I am pretty sure you never auto-attacked while going down, nor initiated auto-attack when pressing 1 once. You had to hit it constantly all the time. I would love that and I am sure be cause I would love to have that. It never functioned like the #1 skill of normal attack skills. At least not since release. That I am pretty sure of.

> >

> > Honestly im pretty sure it was just in beta, but its so hazy. Would be nice to have though regardless of if it was that way or not!

> >

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > > > > Holy kitten guys, this thread is the paradigm for misundestanding, misinterpreting, misreading or not reading at all. The OP still thinks that this is a bug although several posters already mentioned that there was no auto-attack at all since release. Maybe it was a thing in a beta, I can't remember.

> > > >

> > > > Thats the thing, if my memory is correct(it could not be its been so long) at release, if you downed and attacked(youd still have to initiate the attack, it wouldnt start as soon as you where downed) it would continue to attack without having to repeatedly press 1(which is irritating), so it *could* be bugged as its no longer doing that. To the people that are saying "id hate this" if a mechanic in game isnt functioning correctly, which may be the case then it needs to get fixed *then* make changes to it.

> > > >

> > > > On top of that, the skills listed on the Wiki, even though the wiki is player created, have not changed since launch(with a few exceptions), so the wiki may be correct on stating that they are supposed to be AA.

> > >

> > > Someone changed the description to add "the first skill is an 'autoattack'" only earlier this year (in April 2018). I've edited the article back to the way it's been since there's been no mention of 'autoattack' since launch.

> >

> > Ooo thats sneaky, i musta missed that edit when i was looking! Good find :disappointed:

> >

>

> maybe a april fools everyone missed for 8 months?

you know, i honestly thought about writing that in my post you quoted.

"Autoattack" is an unfortunate synonym for what is considered to be a default action (i.e. the #1 skill on any bar). I don't believe there was an intent to mislead in the wiki text, it's just language that was written casually and easily misunderstood when taken literally.

Some classes have a downed #1 that sort of looks like an ongoing attack or attack chain because of its duration. Guardian and Necromancer for example have channeled attacks. Perhaps things like this were mistaken as autoattacks when players were newer or less experienced.

> @"Leablo.2651" said:

> "Autoattack" is an unfortunate synonym for what is considered to be a default action (i.e. the #1 skill on any bar). I don't believe there was an intent to mislead in the wiki text, it's just language that was written casually and easily misunderstood when taken literally.

Yes, it's the sort of thing that sometimes happens when the first or second draft of an article is put together. Usually it gets correct, but sometimes not. The GW1 wiki had stuff that was in one of the official book guides (and so in some pre-launch version of the game), but never actually implemented. Those articles weren't corrected for years, because, well, no one had noticed.

I've seen plenty of people in /map, forum, and raid use "auto-attack" as a synonym for "first skill," when technically the first skill is just the default AA; any skill can be turned into an autoattack. (Well, ok, any that aren't ground targeted etc.)

> @"gavhriel.9708" said:

> Thak you all for your participation.

> Problem is solved by giving up.

> Im clearly inquiring about the wrong game on the wrong forum.

> I truly thought this was a Guild Wars 2 forum.

> Sincere apologies.

>

> Moderator please lock or delete this thread, thank you.

Erm..considering the discussion about what you posted above, id say some digging was done, and considering that they found a change in the *wiki* from what it was originally theres your answer. The original wiki page(edited by players) was changed to say auto attack for no good reason. I unno why you posted the post im qouting but it makes no sense.

> @"gavhriel.9708" said:

> Because if you freakin hoover over any kitten skill, downed skills included, it says like this at the very bottom: Ctrl + Mouse2: enable autoattack.

> and no one here seems to know what the flack im talking about.

> so yeah. I GIVE UP.

probabely a limitation of the ui, since noone cant remember EVER having a downed skill auto attacking its probabely intended to not be able to auto attack.

if you hoover over the 1st of the 4 downed skills, a tooltip comes up. at the very bottom it says: Ctrl+Mouse2: enable autoattack. Am i the only one seeing this?

What people remember or dont doesnt really mater when i tell you i had it like this (autoattak on on the first downed skill) since i bought the game, and i turned auto attack off by mistake and cant put it on again.

> @"gavhriel.9708" said:

> if you hoover over the 1st of the 4 downed skills, a tooltip comes up. at the very bottom it says: Ctrl+Mouse2: enable autoattack. Am i the only one seeing this?

> What people remember or dont doesnt really mater when i tell you i had it like this (autoattak on on the first downed skill) since i bought the game, and i turned auto attack off by mistake and cant put it on again.

I can check it easy for you next time I make a new character for key running if its auto attacking on first skill or not.

Dont think it will since it never have for me.

You can indeed ctrl-right click on a skill to make it an auto attack (ground target skills won't work as they are excluded from auto-attack). However, OP is talking about down state skills, which are not available to set as auto-attack at all. As previously mentioned, there was inaccurate data in wikipedia saying it was possible.