New Lion's Arch music please!

All the music in the game is beautiful, but nothing is more grating to me and my friends then the Lion's Arch theme. Surprisingly I'm not even there the most. I'm usually at the Royal Terrace. Anyway if you can't make a new song please give an option to pick a different existing song.

Anyone else feel the same?

It's certainly my least favourite piece off the top of my head - and here's the thing: having just forced myself to listen to it, it's really not all that bad, and that's coming from a diehard Soule fan who on the whole doesn't enjoy the direction of the (newer) GW2 music. I just despise the pompous "News at 10" brass motif of Lion's Arch Reborn - even if it could be argued it makes some sense. Also not entirely convinced of the instrumentation used in the last section. It feels off (like some harmonics at Ulta Metamagicals).

The midsection is, however, pretty sublime, almost filmic - and I say game music of this nature, along with (orchestral) film OSTs, is a genre of modern classical music*, and the mid is definitely up there for being on point. I'd opt to make something of the mid into a new piece and kick the brass section off altogether**, so we keep a reminder that this is the new LA, but it's been the new LA for a little while now.

*Some stiffs still say no to this notion. But they're wrong.

**It should be pointed out that, as a flautist, I could be incredibly biased against the brass section. Yes.

SECOND EDIT: I've just realised what it gives me a sense of, and it's incredibly gone up in my estimation as a result:

And yes, I still hate the brass section. They can take it.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > it be nice if they did redo all the towns music to something that does not sound depressing or dead myself i turned this off so i do not have to hear it . or be bothered with it while trying to craft or bank or so forth

>

> Which ones sound depressing?

this one right here!!!

i'd rather them removing the intro video first, every single new character needs to go trough this torture and with the slow loading screens and porting 2X it takes half the video just to skip the darn thing.

and if that's not enough, this isn't even lion arch, there is nothing lion about the whole city.

where is the statue, where are the lion heads, where is the iconic architecture of lions arch?

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> Since they turned it into seaworld and the community gatherings in LA have stopped. I try to not go there if I don't have to.

what community gatherings in LA ??? never seen them at all ever !! and been playing since the game came out in 2012 , and when i see a lot of people in la they are just standing around the bank or trading post if not crafting . but also see lot of people just standing in the middle of la and not moving :# :# :#

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > Since they turned it into seaworld and the community gatherings in LA have stopped. I try to not go there if I don't have to.

>

> what community gatherings in LA ??? never seen them at all ever !! and been playing since the game came out in 2012 , and when i see a lot of people in la they are just standing around the bank or trading post if not crafting . but also see lot of people just standing in the middle of la and not moving :# :# :#

Most of the community gathers in LA due to fractals, central location, and crafting if you don't have a pass. So I have no idea what you think the community gathers around more often. It doesn't help you _have been_ playing the game and _have been_ on the forums since 2012, because your punctuation and grammar has remained the same.

• 1 month later...

I'm just here for the bank (in Lions Arch) and for the Nth time. All the while, there's this unneccessarily heroic soundtrack playing in the background as if yelling "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD, FROM THE ASHES OF DESTRUCTION. THE NEW..... THE WONDERFUL... THE EXCITINGLY BEAUTIFUL... FULLLY REBUILT FROM SCRATCH............................................... LLLLLLIIIIIOOOOONNNS .................... ARCH !!!!"

which really gets on my nerve, which then compells me to mute the music volume with extreme prejudice. Like, would you have the Superman movie soundtrack play everytime you do your DAILY routine banking stuff in real life? Didn't think so.

I'd suggest playing it only upon initial entering of LA, but remove or change it to something ambient (which must pass the "re-listenability test") on subsequent visits. It's already great without any music.

I can't believe I'm actually complaining about a piece of music in the game.

It's at the point where I just mute the music and play my own soundtracks. Gets way too repetitive, and often doesn't fit the mood of the moment. There was never enough of it to be able to spread throughout a massive world to begin with, to the point where they even threw in GW1 tracks--which I wish they wouldn't have done. Seemed lazy, and took away part of the joy of revisiting GW1.

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > it be nice if they did redo all the towns music to something that does not sound depressing or dead myself i turned this off so i do not have to hear it . or be bothered with it while trying to craft or bank or so forth

> >

> > Which ones sound depressing?

>

> this one right here!!!

>

>

Play this at my funeral.