What do YOU want out of the upcoming class balance patch?

Threather.9354

I wish they would replace all traits which automatically reflect CC like Mirror of Anguish, Reaper's Protection, and Eye for an Eye. These traits are annoying to deal with in zerg fights since someone will always always have them off cool-down. You shouldn't get punished for a well placed CC and not all classes have enough access to stability.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > I want AOE range reduced back so it cannot be thrown over walls keep the toxicity but shorten range . and thief and ranger dropped back to 1200 range , The WP'S to be not contested by someone running by ,back to timer was as it used to be. OW put back to where it used to be , all towers out of range of Treb from SMC make the larger servers come out to play . Keep stealth but reduce it from perma and only available to Thief class.

>

> No either ditch stealth completely or make it operate like stability so if you're hit while stealthed you remove a stack. With stacks you wouldn't really be able to stack stealth nearly as much, and make yourself revealed any time someone else breaks your stealth too.

Awesome suggestion !!!

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > @"Demon.6743" said:

> > > Nerf condi in general, still too bursty as a continuous dmg.

> > > Nerf Holo dmg in WvW, pvp is fine.

> > > Add animation to scourge skills

> > > Dodge break stun needs to be removed for Mirage, target break needs to be removed

> >

> I've been saying target break should be removed for literally years. Prepare for disappointment.

Alright, switch all my legendary to mesmer now!

> @"coglin.1496" said:

> Personally, I would like to see engineer skills that are valuable enough that they are desired for group play and are not a downgrade to fill a position that is otherwise superceeded in value by any other profession.

**Imagine if medkit skills #1-5 would be 360 radius burst skills around the engineer and would affect the engineer + up to 4 allies. **Medkit #2-5 should all have 0.5 s activation., This would be sort of weaker versions of shouts (weaker effect, lower radius, prone to interrupts), but with far lower cooldown and the price that the engineer is not doing any damage, while using the medkit. Medkit toolbelt skill would still be a selfish self-heal.

**Imagine if orbital command (explosives GM) trait would increase the range of mortar auto attack by 60 (160 -> 240). **Because mortar auto attack is a guaranteed projective finisher, this would allow more comboing. Now currently mortar is really bad for self-comboing.

**Imagine if grenadier trait would also increase grenade range to 1200** (instead of pitiful 900, which is a HUGE issue with current WvWvW meta).

**Imagine if some weak traits like energy amplifier, which currently gives 250 more healing power under the effects of regeneration, would do something more useful e.g. do what the Medical Dispersion Field does** (nobody nowadays selects that GM trait, bunker down is so much better choice). Now that would synergize greatly with spamming medkit skills assuming the engineer is hurt and needs healing (thus spamming it at full health has 0 effect). The Medical dispersion field applies 20 % to yourself to nearby allies in 360 radius.

This changes wouldn't probably make to the meta, but at least make engineer a bit more viable.

Adrenal Health/Healing Signet have always been weak to timely burst attacks. You bait out the Endure Pain ,and Stability if you can, and then burst.

I dont even understand these complaints, the Warrior is so dang linear and telegraphed, you follow the order of operations and kill the Warrior, or find another target.

So many classes have real advantages over Warriors but fail or refuse to use them (unblockable attacks, mobility etc), instead they just dive in, and end up flat on their back, and start complaining.

Warriors have cooldowns and weaknesses like everyone else.

Anti-Warrior strategy in a nutshell:

**_Bait it out, Kite it out, Burst it out, or GTFO._**

Revert Unhindered Combatant Change...I compare Elusive Mind to it and just shake my head at the obvious power creep pay2win difference. Remove Dire Armor and TrailBlazers armor from WvWvW. Split some skills if necessary for WvWvW to not affect the precious pve raids meta. Revert Stability back to non stacking since it can now be corrupted anyway at least make it so it lasts an actual zerg fight. The stability stacks don't scale to blobbing at all. Most importantly make sure when they nerf something on a class that they also nerf everything else that's just as overpowered too on other classes.

> @"getalifeturd.8139" said:

> Revert Unhindered Combatant Change...I compare Elusive Mind to it and just shake my head at the obvious power creep pay2win difference.

There is no denial that Elusive Mind (EM) is an extremely powerful trait: stun break + conditional removal with every dodge (plus you can use other traits to increase the effectiveness of the dodge). But the main issue with mirage is the combination of everything. Mesmer has enjoyed massive amount of buffs starting from the big trait rework before HoT. Power creep upon power creep. Mirage can have great DPS, burst and mobility all in one package. That is a bit too much good stuff going on. In general I feel it is a bad game design idea to give high burst to those professions, which have access to stealth, teleports and high mobility + elusiveness / condition removal (yes, I think unhindered combatant daredevil was a mistake). This has lead to the situation where most players rather stick to zerg, because they have to be ganked if they roam alone. Solo roamers are either themselves abusing stealth, teleport and/or high mobility or just used to being killed often.

I am not sure how to balance the mesmer. Probably it would be good idea to shave some of the condition application and burst or reduce the mobility. Having both is just too much.

Scourge is different. It doesn't have that great mobility, but the combination of condition application and huge amounts of boon corruption has really made the current meta unpleasant to fight. Maybe to reduce the effectiveness boon corrupt, by still removing the boons, but the reducing the duration of conditions from boon corrupt by 33 %. That would still give scourges tons of burst. Another option is to reduce survivability of scourge (e.g. nerfing the barriers), but I feel this is the worse balancing option.

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

>

> > There is no balance patch tomorrow. There is currently a balance patch in the works for mid-season.

>

> So no balance :)

Balance, expect decent pvp gameplay , expect stragegies rather than search for power creep momments, to actually be carried ??

Wrong game... m8ty, the issue is with the "core" design of the gameplay, and thsi game was made for bad to dumb players that are a failure at mmo's, reason this game will never be balanced and will be always towards dumb and easy gimmicks that dont actually require skill.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> >

> > > There is no balance patch tomorrow. There is currently a balance patch in the works for mid-season.

> >

> > So no balance :)

> Balance, expect decent pvp gameplay , expect stragegies rather than search for power creep momments, to actually be carried ??

>

> Wrong game... m8ty, the issue is with the "core" design of the gameplay, and thsi game was made for bad to dumb players that are a failure at mmo's, reason this game will never be balanced and will be always towards dumb and easy gimmicks that dont actually require skill.

Dont get why you quoted at me :D i just post that anet stuff said no balance patch this update.

And to your post... what mmo is actually that hard to handle ? What i played and didnt feel that it was harder to play then gw2 ... aion, lineage2, WoW, wildstar, rift, archeage, blade&soul, black desert online, tera , SW:old rep... so i missed some hidden gem ?

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > >

> > > > There is no balance patch tomorrow. There is currently a balance patch in the works for mid-season.

> > >

> > > So no balance :)

> > Balance, expect decent pvp gameplay , expect stragegies rather than search for power creep momments, to actually be carried ??

> >

> > Wrong game... m8ty, the issue is with the "core" design of the gameplay, and thsi game was made for bad to dumb players that are a failure at mmo's, reason this game will never be balanced and will be always towards dumb and easy gimmicks that dont actually require skill.

>

> Dont get why you quoted at me :D i just post that anet stuff said no balance patch this update.

>

> And to your post... what mmo is actually that hard to handle ? What i played and didnt feel that it was harder to play then gw2 ... aion, lineage2, WoW, wildstar, rift, archeage, blade&soul, black desert online, tera , SW:old rep... so i missed some hidden gem ?

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > >

> > > > There is no balance patch tomorrow. There is currently a balance patch in the works for mid-season.

> > >

> > > So no balance :)

> > Balance, expect decent pvp gameplay , expect stragegies rather than search for power creep momments, to actually be carried ??

> >

> > Wrong game... m8ty, the issue is with the "core" design of the gameplay, and thsi game was made for bad to dumb players that are a failure at mmo's, reason this game will never be balanced and will be always towards dumb and easy gimmicks that dont actually require skill.

>

> Dont get why you quoted at me :D i just post that anet stuff said no balance patch this update.

>

> And to your post... what mmo is actually that hard to handle ? What i played and didnt feel that it was harder to play then gw2 ... aion, lineage2, WoW, wildstar, rift, archeage, blade&soul, black desert online, tera , SW:old rep... so i missed some hidden gem ?

i used your words, in a way that... theres will never be a balance patch, they just tone down stuff that is ment to carry players, when players QQ to much about it.

Anet want this game to make players stay by making them pretend they are good.

What mmo is hard to handle? good question, but gw2 is the most basic of them all in a negative way, i played all those games as well :bleep_bloop:

If u notice classes depth i gw2 is almost none... just for a start...

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > >

> > > > > There is no balance patch tomorrow. There is currently a balance patch in the works for mid-season.

> > > >

> > > > So no balance :)

> > > Balance, expect decent pvp gameplay , expect stragegies rather than search for power creep momments, to actually be carried ??

> > >

> > > Wrong game... m8ty, the issue is with the "core" design of the gameplay, and thsi game was made for bad to dumb players that are a failure at mmo's, reason this game will never be balanced and will be always towards dumb and easy gimmicks that dont actually require skill.

> >

> > Dont get why you quoted at me :D i just post that anet stuff said no balance patch this update.

> >

> > And to your post... what mmo is actually that hard to handle ? What i played and didnt feel that it was harder to play then gw2 ... aion, lineage2, WoW, wildstar, rift, archeage, blade&soul, black desert online, tera , SW:old rep... so i missed some hidden gem ?

>

> > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > >

> > > > > There is no balance patch tomorrow. There is currently a balance patch in the works for mid-season.

> > > >

> > > > So no balance :)

> > > Balance, expect decent pvp gameplay , expect stragegies rather than search for power creep momments, to actually be carried ??

> > >

> > > Wrong game... m8ty, the issue is with the "core" design of the gameplay, and thsi game was made for bad to dumb players that are a failure at mmo's, reason this game will never be balanced and will be always towards dumb and easy gimmicks that dont actually require skill.

> >

> > Dont get why you quoted at me :D i just post that anet stuff said no balance patch this update.

> >

> > And to your post... what mmo is actually that hard to handle ? What i played and didnt feel that it was harder to play then gw2 ... aion, lineage2, WoW, wildstar, rift, archeage, blade&soul, black desert online, tera , SW:old rep... so i missed some hidden gem ?

>

> i used your words, in a way that... theres will never be a balance patch, they just tone down stuff that is ment to carry players, when players QQ to much about it.

> Anet want this game to make players stay by making them pretend they are good.

>

> What mmo is hard to handle? good question, but gw2 is the most basic of them all in a negative way, i played all those games as well :bleep_bloop:

> If u notice classes depth i gw2 is almost none... just for a start...

Its starting to be distrack. But in many of these mmos u had like one strong combo u need to make, or so big difference between classes that it looks like all skills are same, just have different animation effects...

And if you count that we are talking on GW2 forum, not on BDO forum, means we stuck here. And in gw2 i spent most of the time, and still learning... u still can met better mesmer, thief then you... and its not coz of better equip or OP build.... he can just play better then you....

One thing is wrong... balance should have full split between game modes.

@intox.6347, overall it is whomight play better the most OP stuff wich is damage output only... classes need more trade off's, more depth, not just some elite gimmick, based on spam or power creep momemnts...

Skill that are defense need to use defense stats and loose other stuff while power need to loose defense strengh and/or surviability, that is not what happens in this game, reason who plays best in 1st place it is the build, skill is a small factor here, skill coeficients and scability need to be redone if u guys want to talk about player skill.

Balance splits only happens when something is bad designed and developers ned to cover that with the split, it happens, but full split means game is just plain bad designed...

IMo is not that hard to balance this game, classes and skills design are extremelly basic in everything, Anet just dont want to, cause that is not what this game was for nor for whom.