New Springer Mount Is A Satanic Symbol?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Goat heads aren't instantly Baphomet. Blind faith is a burden sometimes jeez. Reminds me of the time a religious friend of mine told me don't play Skyrim, it is the devils game because they have dragons, and dragons have horns!

Baphomet also has a human body, sometimes male, often depicted female, that is nude. I don't see that being added anytime soon.

Enjoying dark or mysterious art doesn't suddenly make you a satanist. I have some imagery similar to that original Baphomet image tattoo'd on me, but I in no way worsip Satan, or any gods for that matter!

Stop looking for problems where there are none. This thread just might make me spend money on this game for the first time since loot boxes.

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> As I already said once. People will soon start to get offended by air.

>

> It looks almost nothing like it, ears are not the same, it doesn't have the torch thing on top and goats in general have same horns so just because it's a goat doesn't mean its a symbol for Satan.

> By that logic, we should then just go and point at all the people who own goats and call them Satanists.

> I hate how nowadays you can't do anything because it has been used for or portrayed as something bad.

>

> Edit: plus to me it looks like mix of goat and gazelle or an antelope

It's trendy this time and age to be offended by anything if anything. And there goes my hope for humanity.

> @"Dashiva.6149" said:

> This reminds me of people accusing players of Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons for practicing the occult.

>

> In 2018, it really is starting to become quite silly.

>

> Edit: [interesting article on why MtG didn't have Demons for 7 years, and why they brought it back.](https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/where-have-all-demons-gone-2004-07-05 "https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/where-have-all-demons-gone-2004-07-05")

I love MtG!! And am not an occultist. At any rate, I think the new Springer mount is a PUMAT of a goat, a kangaroo, and a Charr. Needs more Charr, though.

> @"Cobrakon.3108" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > ... this is the same guy who had a problem with the new Legendary focus being named after some real-life occultist text.

> >

> > Y'know, the feller who warned us against it because he actually thinks the occult is real?

> >

> > Just ignore the thread and move on, people. This one is too far gone to be reasoned with.

>

> That's fake news. I don't believe I said anything about a legendary focus.

Well, you sound _exactly_ like him.

You both come off as 80's Satanic-Panic soccer moms and you're both equally absurd in your reasoning.

To the point where one could throw around accusations of multiple accounts - were I not far too classy to do such a thing.

> @"Chicken Fro.6953" said:

> Please, even as a Christian I can acknowledge that this is a goat Springer, not a demon with a pentagram and goat horns. Please--just don't. Just because demons are depicted with goat bits doesn't make all goat animals demons. Stop mixing clearly animalistic fantasy depictions with **truly evil demonic representations.**

And as atheist since birth (my parents asked me in 3rd grade if I want to get christened, I declined), I really had to smile about that portion!

"Oh no, truly evil demonic representations!!!" Is there anything like that anywhere on this world? Demonic representations? Truly ones?

When I read my power bill, man, that is truly evil and demonic, but not a goat and a pentagram or such things like certain animals or random symbols. I am glad I had no religion class at school (Shudders)

Excelsior.

Religious discussions really shouldn't be part of gaming forums. Symbolism from one culture can be twisted by another to be "evil." Symbols aren't inherently evil. Take a look at a certain symbol used extensively throughout Germany during WWII. One which had (for thousands of years) previously been used to represent peace and prosperity in countless cultures. Now I can't even post a picture of it on these forums because my post will get removed.

The fact that your satanic symbol looks like a goat with a pentagram stuck to its head has to do with christianity's early interactions with pagan cultures.

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > @"Chicken Fro.6953" said:

> > Please, even as a Christian I can acknowledge that this is a goat Springer, not a demon with a pentagram and goat horns. Please--just don't. Just because demons are depicted with goat bits doesn't make all goat animals demons. Stop mixing clearly animalistic fantasy depictions with **truly evil demonic representations.**

>

> And as atheist since birth (my parents asked me in 3rd grade if I want to get christened, I declined), I really had to smile about that portion!

> "Oh no, truly evil demonic representations!!!" Is there anything like that anywhere on this world? Demonic representations? Truly ones?

>

> When I read my power bill, man, that is truly evil and demonic, but not a goat and a pentagram or such things like certain animals or random symbols. I am glad I had no religion class at school (Shudders)

>

> Excelsior.

Of course there are true demons on this world.. they just wear human faces.. not goats

> @"Quarktastic.1027" said:

> Religious discussions really shouldn't be part of gaming forums. Symbolism from one culture can be twisted by another to be "evil." Symbols aren't inherently evil. Take a look at a certain symbol used extensively throughout Germany during WWII. One which had (for thousands of years) previously been used to represent peace and prosperity in countless cultures. Now I can't even post a picture of it on these forums because my post will get removed.

>

> The fact that your satanic symbol looks like a goat with a pentagram stuck to its head has to do with christianity's early interactions with pagan cultures.

this is why every time i see it in game them people get put on the blocked list a.s.p!!!!!! same goes for those talking about politics and world governments

yet every one wonders why it is the game has so much salt these days or is it not enough SALT these days in the game and on the forums ;)

Thank you for pointing out the thread on Ars Goetia. That was really funny. If anyone thinks that some name or image in GW2 is going to be the kicker for going down that weird path you have some major issues yourself.

On a side, I think I'll get that springer skin and get creative with those dyes. Thanks for pointing it out for me