Game Mysteries

Asura gates are Asuran. So why does Rata Sum not have gates to all the other cities?

What the heck do the merchants want with the broken lockpicks, tufts of fur, chipped fangs, hairy spider legs and cracked claws they buy off us?

As we walk through jungles and forests, why are we so picky about which tree we cut down?

Our coins are made of silver and gold, so why are silver and gold the most worthless metals in the game?

Feel free to add any mysteries you've been pondering.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> Asura gates are Asuran. So why does Rata Sum not have gates to all the other cities?

They want to control access to Rata Sum by what they consider lesser races.

> What the heck do the merchants want with the broken lockpicks, tufts of fur, chipped fangs, hairy spider legs and cracked claws they buy off us?

Merchants sell them to NPC crafters, who use them in recipes mere PC's don't have access to.

> As we walk through jungles and forests, why are we so picky about which tree we cut down?

The TEPA (Tyrian Environmental Protection Agency) mesmers influence our minds so we only cut certain trees.

> Our coins are made of silver and gold, so why are silver and gold the most worthless metals in the game?

It's all about the picture stamped on the coin.

Why are the chickens in Ebonhawke so dangerous?

Why can engineers throw grenades as far as their pistols shoot?

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> What the heck do the merchants want with the broken lockpicks, tufts of fur, chipped fangs, hairy spider legs and cracked claws they buy off us?

Every merchant takes a mandatory class in Macgyverism so with just a cheap rubber band and sometimes a toothpick, those lockpicks, fangs and yes even hairy spider legs are recycled into the plethora of salvage kits and gathering tools we use daily! Which brings us to another question: Why are we paying so much for repurposed broken lockpicks and hairy spider legs?!

Something in here will get offended and mark this and I really don't care.

Why, the smartest and brilliant and all knowing race like the Asurans...

Have one of your own with very ugly pageant princess make-up on while doing research?

![](https://i.imgur.com/r3UIGZW.png "")

It doesn't make you look smarter, it doesn't MAKE you smarter. It makes you look like a fool and I can't take you seriously.

You're getting even as bad as a honey boo boo with telling me to poke everything. Down to wanting to poke my c... spoilers.

Sorry, I really loathe that Taimi.

Why my greatsword warrior things only doing obenhawers and spin attacks are legitimate martial techniques.

Why Sabetha, a single human, is more powerful and dangerous than Mordremoth and his entire ilk of Mordrem.

Why we dont just pierce dragon minions with bloodstone shards, or inject them with bloodstone dust (shouldn’t that stuff be like a powerful toxin to dragon minions?)

Why during wintersday there’s an orphan next to the trading hub’s gift tree, and he’s still eligible to donate gifts to

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> Something in here will get offended and mark this and I really don't care.

> Why, the smartest and brilliant and all knowing race like the Asurans...

>

> Have one of your own with very ugly pageant princess make-up on while doing research?

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/r3UIGZW.png "")

> It doesn't make you look smarter, it doesn't MAKE you smarter. It makes you look like a fool and I can't take you seriously.

> You're getting even as bad as a honey boo boo with telling me to poke everything. Down to wanting to poke my c... spoilers.

>

> Sorry, I really loathe that Taimi.

>

I loath all dragons watch

>

> Have one of your own with very ugly pageant princess make-up on while doing research?

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/r3UIGZW.png "")

> It doesn't make you look smarter, it doesn't MAKE you smarter. It makes you look like a fool and I can't take you seriously.

> You're getting even as bad as a honey boo boo with telling me to poke everything. Down to wanting to poke my c... spoilers.

>

> Sorry, I really loathe that Taimi.

>

Good, then you wont meddle in her work or notice whats going on until its... too late.

Because it doesnt make you any dumber.

>

Because smart people can be pretty and cute too!

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > Something in here will get offended and mark this and I really don't care.

> > Why, the smartest and brilliant and all knowing race like the Asurans...

> >

> > Have one of your own with very ugly pageant princess make-up on while doing research?

>

> > It doesn't make you look smarter, it doesn't MAKE you smarter. It makes you look like a fool and I can't take you seriously.

>

>

> Because smart people can be pretty and cute too!

>

>

>

>

Pretty and cute. That's one way I would NOT describe Taimi.

> @"kurfu.5623" said:

> > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > Why do animals drop magic weapons? It's Magic!

>

> Not magic... those weapons and gear were ingested when they ate the remains of the last adventurer they killed.

> @"kurfu.5623" said:

>

> Not magic... those weapons and gear were ingested when they ate the remains of the last adventurer they killed.

> @"kurfu.5623" said:

>

Yes, I'm absolutely positive that deer ate that warrior.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"kurfu.5623" said:

> > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > Why do animals drop magic weapons? It's Magic!

> >

> > Not magic... those weapons and gear were ingested when they ate the remains of the last adventurer they killed.

>

> > @"kurfu.5623" said:

> >

> > Not magic... those weapons and gear were ingested when they ate the remains of the last adventurer they killed.

>

> > @"kurfu.5623" said:

> >

>

> Yes, I'm absolutely positive that deer ate that warrior.

Did you never make the mistake of trying to fight deer (or worse moose) at low levels? They could collect a lot of equipment if they were allowed to loot their kills!