> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Its good to see that you can slowly help your own livelyhood even a little bit by doing this. Some ppl go out of their way to create content and that little money are motivators.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But it's problem for youtube creators in general. Nothing is going to happen to GW2 because of this.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not really. Creators who choose to cover games that are unpopular will have a tougher time because of it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Their income is already irrelevant. They would do 30 USD a year which means they would be able to monetize it only after 3 years as youtube payment treshold is 100 USD

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes and that demotivating for anyone who wants to get bigger on youtube.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's like this before the change. I don't believe you will find a person doing videos because of 100 USD once per 3 years.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If any, this is a motivation to keep trying ang growing bigger.

> > > > >

> > > > > U will hardly grow bigger in unpopular games thats the issue.

> > > >

> > > > But it has nothing to do with monetization rules. GW2 only creators would never become big even if these changes weren't implemented.

> > >

> > > In due time prob they could.

> >

> > So what's stopping them now? and please don't say that 100 USD every 3 years is crucial to their growth

>

> Idk their irl life might be tight as it is and they could very well rely on utube money to up their utube game (buying better mic, cam, small stuff that will help them inprove more).

You are now creating an artificial problem. Nobody, literally nobody will ever consider their youtube career based on possible 100 USD once every 3 years. And we only consider here people that are slightly below new partner treshold. Smaller creators must wait even longer to get paid.

So again, if you are below the treshold, your youtube income is already irrelevant. Work on promoting your videos, use more social media, try cooperating with bigger creators. GW2 scene is small enough for you to cooperate with literally anyone. This is how you grow. Not because you are paid 100 USD once every 3 years.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless your Wooden Potatoes, (And even then his views are paltry) It's a non-issue, as like said. Most ppl do it for fun, rather than monetary gain.

The state in which YT is in. It be foolish to strictly rely on monetization. And people who are serious on making income off videos have moved onto Patreon or Twitch. Basically have a backup plan. YT should not be your only focus.

I mean take Matt Visual for example. I miss his content, but it wasn't viable for him. Even at 60k subs.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

>

> So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> @"rwolf.9571" said:

> Unless your Wooden Potatoes, (And even then his views are paltry) It's a non-issue, as like said. Most ppl do it for fun, rather than monetary gain.

> The state in which YT is in. It be foolish to strictly rely on monetization. And people who are serious on making income off videos have moved onto Patreon or Twitch. Basically have a backup plan. YT should not be your only focus.

>

> I mean take Matt Visual for example. I miss his content, but it wasn't viable for him. Even at 60k subs.

truth be told i honestly do not think wooden potatoes even cares one way or the other about this at all !!! as i said in my other post on this topic next to duffy i think wooden potatoes makes his videos cause he really loves the game and wants the best for it . and gives his best opinions on it . if wooden potatoes had not been doing videos since the days of GUILD WARS . i would think a bit different of him but known these facts as i do yeah wooden potatoes is not in it for the greed or money at all he loves the game that dam much !!!

like i said i do not think this deal with YouTube means any thing at all to wooden potatoes he still posted to YouTube as well as his twitch . and he is not in it for the greed

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> >

> > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

>

> the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

>

> thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

>

> also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

greedy gw2 creators use twitch

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > >

> > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> >

> > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> >

> > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> >

> > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

>

> greedy gw2 creators use twitch

nope they use YouTube as well . if you watch that video i sent you with the time mark . i think you see very clearly your wrong on that point . :o :o ;)

and it is easy found on YouTube ;) ;)

> > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > >

> > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > >

> > > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> > >

> > > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> > >

> > > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> >

> > greedy gw2 creators use twitch

>

> nope they use YouTube as well . if you watch that video i sent you with the time mark . i think you see very clearly your wrong on that point . :o :o ;)

> and it is easy found on YouTube ;) ;)

>

you use youtube to gather audiencem then you live from twitch donations

also peachy is not pure gw2 creator, she has deals with companies sending her gifts, so again, it's not about youtube monetization but 3rd party deal

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > > >

> > > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > > >

> > > > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> > > >

> > > > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> > > >

> > > > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> > >

> > > greedy gw2 creators use twitch

> >

> > nope they use YouTube as well . if you watch that video i sent you with the time mark . i think you see very clearly your wrong on that point . :o :o ;)

> > and it is easy found on YouTube ;) ;)

> >

>

> you use youtube to gather audiencem then you live from twitch donations

>

> also peachy is not pure gw2 creator, she has deals with companies sending her gifts, so again, it's not about youtube monetization but 3rd party deal

:o :p :p that is really how it works huh ??? that gift of the PLAYSTATION 4 came from a viewer person and not a company. had you watched it all you seen that ;)

but still the fact remains what you said about them only posting it to twitch is still just not true . the YouTube video proves that fact :p

> > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> >

> > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

>

> the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

>

> thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

>

> also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

I only make videos and other content out of greed huh? That is an interesting way to look at it. You should check your two creators there and how they are monitized and which other platforms they use besides YouTube. And this is not me calling them out but simply making this person aware of who and what they are talking about.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Remember when youtube was just a hobby for some people? Money makes people greedy.

> I'm with Danikat, if a guide is posted, and there's too much rambling, I'll find another. People who post guides to help other players, should do it to help other players, NOT for monetisation via YT.

I am against monetisation yt should be a hobby not a jobb for making lets play is not real work so i am with you

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > Remember when youtube was just a hobby for some people? Money makes people greedy.

> > I'm with Danikat, if a guide is posted, and there's too much rambling, I'll find another. People who post guides to help other players, should do it to help other players, NOT for monetisation via YT.

> I am against monetisation yt should be a hobby not a jobb for making lets play is not real work so i am with you

on them points i agree with you fully on that but will also say this too which sounds like doing double talk but it is not case in point .

some video content makers that have not a thing at al to do with this game . make hard ware and other tech videos and so forth . some have their own stores and offer things like t shirts and cups and so forth . but they also use other sites like float plane and twitch . so in a double kind of in a way they are doing the same thing but yet not and do offer real world stuff as well as a lot of good tech news and ideas and information .

versus making lets play game content makers . which they offer noting but video game playing with noting else yet try to sell subs with catchy names like (holder of the nana ) for their channel to make money to live on . and some very small items for sell on their so called stores. as well as sell subs to their channels . which i think is wrong in many ways . or post their life story on how they think they made you tube a full time job with posting their lifes story videos on how they think their job is on you tube to make video game videos and make money. which just makes no sense at all when any one can do it . yeah making you tube video game videos is not a real job . and should not try to make it as such .

> @"KOPPER.1458" said:

> > > @"KOPPER.1458" said:

> > > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > > >

> > > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > > >

> > > > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> > > >

> > > > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> > > >

> > > > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> > >

> > > I only make videos and other content out of greed huh? That is an interesting way to look at it. You should check your two creators there and how they are monitized and which other platforms they use besides YouTube. And this is not me calling them out but simply making this person aware of who and what they are talking about.

> >

> > well your the one hiding and making these claims so yes on them points of many views you are just that but the thing is and every one reading this post is missing even guild wars 2 and anet and blizzard eso blade and soul and so forth and so forth even hardware tech videos is doing the same thing . thing that puts them different from content makers like you they do not hide and they do not have the need to what some of you do too . even tho them companys are just like you and getting hit by YouTube as well for the same thing . want to kick some more glass windows here well then that is your problem not mine .

> >

> > oh really hum interesting how you say that but like i said any one with computer can do this and stream all day and night on any platform . you tube or twitch or patron . thing is this tho . you or none of the other streamer ever will get it nor have you ever gotten it . that is this YouTube is hitting every one with monetized deals on their videos .

> >

> > op made this post not me. so blame him not me but i will say the truth like it is . and on this topic given what i see in all the videos well your just as bad as some of the tech hard ware video you tube makers . case in point seen peachy given that playstation4 well that could be or been sold and made lot of money off it. even tho it was a gift from a viewer still never the less shoe fits wear it with pride just be honest and open tho about it .

> >

>

> What am I hiding? And what claims am I making? I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not hiding anything. This post directed at me makes no sense.

>

> Anyone can 100% stream or make content. Go for it. The more the merrier. I am not complaining about anything other then your statement on how everyone but WoodenPotatoes and Dulfy are doing it for greed, which is clearly not the case. You dislike and call out the use of Twitch and Patreon which WP uses. Dulfy has ads on her site. Not sure how they are differnt from other content creators if that is what you use to measure greed.

>

> You seem to be very focused and concerned with peachy getting a PS4 from a fan. Which by the way she did not sell and she uses to stream on. Just so you are aware. I am not sure what this running thread with you is about hiding and being dishonest. Who is being dishonest?

so then your mmo inks??? would think at the very least anet be good enough to have given you your own accounts to use in your own YouTube names . even tho you do not use them names in the game its self . interesting how that all works out really hey ?? and who said it is about you it is about the YouTube makers of the game and about some of the practices of them said video game makers that post videos about this game . with their sub sales and trying to make money off YouTube . even tho they are not hardly all any more posting only guild wars 2 videos and look like they have moved on to other video games now these days leaving this game in the dust. will say inks is about the only one still posting videos about this game. which is kind of odd given the patch that came out and the only one that has covered it again was inks

your first post makes this all clear on your questions on this topic . Woodenpotatoes and duffy is very different from all you others they been playing the game since guild wars and proof of that is their guild wars videos from back in the day . so your really new to this game unlike them .

focused and concerned good one too funny nope just telling the truth that can be seen on that video that any one can see and yes she uses it on streams but that was not the points i am not the maker of this topic . i am just another poster on this topic just like all the other posters on this forum that play the game. given their thoughts to these said topics . good question really who is being dishonest is it thos that have stores that offer something small of real world worth or those with sub names like (holder of the nana) for money being dishonest . i think that is very clear on whom is being dishonest when it comes to sub scribers and so forth

(holder of the nana) kills me :p :p !!

> >

>

>

>

So, trying to earn money in order to be able to feed one's family is greed?

> @"Nord.1492" said:

> > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now.

> >

>

> This game will die soon. My friendlist, maps, lfg is like a big ghost town. No need to make yt content for this.

>

idk in my time zone of na i see lots of people but i think that has to do with mega server system then it does any thing on that point. but will also say anet has not taken the much need steps to bring this game up to triple aaa standards

honestly how many mmo games still even support windows XP any more even paid or another wise and how many new games coming out this year are still using DX9C even . your right on your point tho

> > @"KOPPER.1458" said:

> > > > @"KOPPER.1458" said:

> > > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > > > >

> > > > > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> > > > >

> > > > > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> > > > >

> > > > > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> > > >

> > > > I only make videos and other content out of greed huh? That is an interesting way to look at it. You should check your two creators there and how they are monitized and which other platforms they use besides YouTube. And this is not me calling them out but simply making this person aware of who and what they are talking about.

> > >

> > > well your the one hiding and making these claims so yes on them points of many views you are just that but the thing is and every one reading this post is missing even guild wars 2 and anet and blizzard eso blade and soul and so forth and so forth even hardware tech videos is doing the same thing . thing that puts them different from content makers like you they do not hide and they do not have the need to what some of you do too . even tho them companys are just like you and getting hit by YouTube as well for the same thing . want to kick some more glass windows here well then that is your problem not mine .

> > >

> > > oh really hum interesting how you say that but like i said any one with computer can do this and stream all day and night on any platform . you tube or twitch or patron . thing is this tho . you or none of the other streamer ever will get it nor have you ever gotten it . that is this YouTube is hitting every one with monetized deals on their videos .

> > >

> > > op made this post not me. so blame him not me but i will say the truth like it is . and on this topic given what i see in all the videos well your just as bad as some of the tech hard ware video you tube makers . case in point seen peachy given that playstation4 well that could be or been sold and made lot of money off it. even tho it was a gift from a viewer still never the less shoe fits wear it with pride just be honest and open tho about it .

> > >

> >

> > What am I hiding? And what claims am I making? I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not hiding anything. This post directed at me makes no sense.

> >

> > Anyone can 100% stream or make content. Go for it. The more the merrier. I am not complaining about anything other then your statement on how everyone but WoodenPotatoes and Dulfy are doing it for greed, which is clearly not the case. You dislike and call out the use of Twitch and Patreon which WP uses. Dulfy has ads on her site. Not sure how they are differnt from other content creators if that is what you use to measure greed.

> >

> > You seem to be very focused and concerned with peachy getting a PS4 from a fan. Which by the way she did not sell and she uses to stream on. Just so you are aware. I am not sure what this running thread with you is about hiding and being dishonest. Who is being dishonest?

>

> so then your mmo inks??? would think at the very least anet be good enough to have given you your own accounts to use in your own YouTube names . even tho you do not use them names in the game its self . interesting how that all works out really hey ?? and who said it is about you it is about the YouTube makers of the game and about some of the practices of them said video game makers that post videos about this game . with their sub sales and trying to make money off YouTube . even tho they are not hardly all any more posting only guild wars 2 videos and look like they have moved on to other video games now these days leaving this game in the dust. will say inks is about the only one still posting videos about this game. which is kind of odd given the patch that came out and the only one that has covered it again was inks

>

> your first post makes this all clear on your questions on this topic . Woodenpotatoes and duffy is very different from all you others they been playing the game since guild wars and proof of that is their guild wars videos from back in the day . so your really new to this game unlike them .

>

> focused and concerned good one too funny nope just telling the truth that can be seen on that video that any one can see and yes she uses it on streams but that was not the points i am not the maker of this topic . i am just another poster on this topic just like all the other posters on this forum that play the game. given their thoughts to these said topics . good question really who is being dishonest is it thos that have stores that offer something small of real world worth or those with sub names like (holder of the nana) for money being dishonest . i think that is very clear on whom is being dishonest when it comes to sub scribers and so forth

>

> (holder of the nana) kills me :p :p !!

>

Yes, I am MMO INKS. This account was made before MMO INKS was made. Before I started to make content on GW2 or in general. I do have a character named MMO INKS and INKS so it is a name I often use even in the game.

While Woodenpotatoes and or Dulfy may have been around longer than a good deal of us content creators that doesn't make us any less worthy of being creators. There are a good deal of people out there who make videos because they love to make videos. They love GW2 and they want to see it grow and become better.

I do not blame you for anything to do with the topic. Much of what I am posting has nothing to do with the topic at hand but a comment you made about other creators and them all being greedy minus two creators. I simply disagree with your assessment there.

To make this a little more topic focused.

These new rules for YT might seem harsh to those trying to climb the ladder and establish their channel. I understand it can be disheartening and it's easier for me to say such a thing because it doesn't currently effect me. However in the long run it will actually help things on YT for those who are there to make videos and share their content. Who knows in a years time or less YT might decide that you need 10k subs and that would exclude me and I would be de-partnered. That would stink, but it wouldn't stop me from making videos or content on any game or topic I find interesting.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > >

> > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> >

> > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> >

> > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> >

> > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

>

> So, trying to earn money in order to be able to feed one's family is greed?

i think that point has been clearly made already very clear enough and has been agreed to and with by other posters on this topic .

when any one with smart phone and laptop or desktop can go out and make a video game play video of lets play pubG case in point and are doing so to make money to support their family. well they have lost sight of every thing . now if they have a store lets say and that store offered real world items it could be argued the same way but yet they have changed in many ways and maybe offer something of world worth but yet not of any worth at all with videos of lets play . they really need to think things over and look at more better ideas to provide for their family's . as making lets play video game videos well any one like i said can do it .

hope that answers your questions and maybe other forum posters will chime in on this topic as well too

> > @"Nord.1492" said:

> > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now.

> > >

> >

> > This game will die soon. My friendlist, maps, lfg is like a big ghost town. No need to make yt content for this.

> >

>

> idk in my time zone of na i see lots of people but i think that has to do with mega server system then it does any thing on that point. but will also say anet has not taken the much need steps to bring this game up to triple aaa standards

>

> honestly how many mmo games still even support windows XP any more even paid or another wise and how many new games coming out this year are still using DX9C even . your right on your point tho

Its not only the lack of technical support. This game is really beautiful and some kind of "modern". More problematic is the catastrophic Balance and ... the philosophy to create content in 3 months and dont lose a word about it... who wants to look a yt video about that? Nobody...

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > >

> > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > >

> > > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> > >

> > > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> > >

> > > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> >

> > So, trying to earn money in order to be able to feed one's family is greed?

>

> i think that point has been clearly made already very clear enough and has been agreed to and with by other posters on this topic .

>

> when any one with smart phone and laptop or desktop can go out and make a video game play video of lets play pubG case in point and are doing so to make money to support their family. well they have lost sight of every thing . now if they have a store lets say and that store offered real world items it could be argued the same way but yet they have changed in many ways and maybe offer something of world worth but yet not of any worth at all with videos of lets play . they really need to think things over and look at more better ideas to provide for their family's . as making lets play video game videos well any one like i said can do it .

>

> hope that answers your questions and maybe other forum posters will chime in on this topic as well too

>

I do not think that trying to feed your children counts as greed regardless of the means. I am not one to make and post videos, but I reconize one simple fact, that if a person is making money off of their videos then others find value in them. I am not one to be entertained by watching someone else play a game, but some people are. Receiving rewards, money or otherwise, for providing entertainment to others is not inappropriate.

There are forms of music that I cannot stand, that seem nothing more than noise to me, and yet others download the music, go to the concerts, etc.

> @"KOPPER.1458" said:

> > > @"KOPPER.1458" said:

> > > > > @"KOPPER.1458" said:

> > > > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> > > > > >

> > > > > > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> > > > >

> > > > > I only make videos and other content out of greed huh? That is an interesting way to look at it. You should check your two creators there and how they are monitized and which other platforms they use besides YouTube. And this is not me calling them out but simply making this person aware of who and what they are talking about.

> > > >

> > > > well your the one hiding and making these claims so yes on them points of many views you are just that but the thing is and every one reading this post is missing even guild wars 2 and anet and blizzard eso blade and soul and so forth and so forth even hardware tech videos is doing the same thing . thing that puts them different from content makers like you they do not hide and they do not have the need to what some of you do too . even tho them companys are just like you and getting hit by YouTube as well for the same thing . want to kick some more glass windows here well then that is your problem not mine .

> > > >

> > > > oh really hum interesting how you say that but like i said any one with computer can do this and stream all day and night on any platform . you tube or twitch or patron . thing is this tho . you or none of the other streamer ever will get it nor have you ever gotten it . that is this YouTube is hitting every one with monetized deals on their videos .

> > > >

> > > > op made this post not me. so blame him not me but i will say the truth like it is . and on this topic given what i see in all the videos well your just as bad as some of the tech hard ware video you tube makers . case in point seen peachy given that playstation4 well that could be or been sold and made lot of money off it. even tho it was a gift from a viewer still never the less shoe fits wear it with pride just be honest and open tho about it .

> > > >

> > >

> > > What am I hiding? And what claims am I making? I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not hiding anything. This post directed at me makes no sense.

> > >

> > > Anyone can 100% stream or make content. Go for it. The more the merrier. I am not complaining about anything other then your statement on how everyone but WoodenPotatoes and Dulfy are doing it for greed, which is clearly not the case. You dislike and call out the use of Twitch and Patreon which WP uses. Dulfy has ads on her site. Not sure how they are differnt from other content creators if that is what you use to measure greed.

> > >

> > > You seem to be very focused and concerned with peachy getting a PS4 from a fan. Which by the way she did not sell and she uses to stream on. Just so you are aware. I am not sure what this running thread with you is about hiding and being dishonest. Who is being dishonest?

> >

> > so then your mmo inks??? would think at the very least anet be good enough to have given you your own accounts to use in your own YouTube names . even tho you do not use them names in the game its self . interesting how that all works out really hey ?? and who said it is about you it is about the YouTube makers of the game and about some of the practices of them said video game makers that post videos about this game . with their sub sales and trying to make money off YouTube . even tho they are not hardly all any more posting only guild wars 2 videos and look like they have moved on to other video games now these days leaving this game in the dust. will say inks is about the only one still posting videos about this game. which is kind of odd given the patch that came out and the only one that has covered it again was inks

> >

> > your first post makes this all clear on your questions on this topic . Woodenpotatoes and duffy is very different from all you others they been playing the game since guild wars and proof of that is their guild wars videos from back in the day . so your really new to this game unlike them .

> >

> > focused and concerned good one too funny nope just telling the truth that can be seen on that video that any one can see and yes she uses it on streams but that was not the points i am not the maker of this topic . i am just another poster on this topic just like all the other posters on this forum that play the game. given their thoughts to these said topics . good question really who is being dishonest is it thos that have stores that offer something small of real world worth or those with sub names like (holder of the nana) for money being dishonest . i think that is very clear on whom is being dishonest when it comes to sub scribers and so forth

> >

> > (holder of the nana) kills me :p :p !!

> >

>

> Yes, I am MMO INKS. This account was made before MMO INKS was made. Before I started to make content on GW2 or in general. I do have a character named MMO INKS and INKS so it is a name I often use even in the game.

>

> While Woodenpotatoes and or Dulfy may have been around longer than a good deal of us content creators that doesn't make us any less worthy of being creators. There are a good deal of people out there who make videos because they love to make videos. They love GW2 and they want to see it grow and become better.

>

> I do not blame you for anything to do with the topic. Much of what I am posting has nothing to do with the topic at hand but a comment you made about other creators and them all being greedy minus two creators. I simply disagree with your assessment there.

>

> To make this a little more topic focused.

> These new rules for YT might seem harsh to those trying to climb the ladder and establish their channel. I understand it can be disheartening and it's easier for me to say such a thing because it doesn't currently effect me. However in the long run it will actually help things on YT for those who are there to make videos and share their content. Who knows in a years time or less YT might decide that you need 10k subs and that would exclude me and I would be de-partnered. That would stink, but it wouldn't stop me from making videos or content on any game or topic I find interesting.

>

thank you for saying all that and not only that but yet in ways proving one of my other points in this post even tho i did not make this post to begin with at all.

but yet just another forums poster that loves this game like the rest do . but i am not the only one that has pointed out about being greedy that is very clear in this whole topic . so can not hold me to it . but i will admit i am not big on twitch and patron and floatplane with their subscriptions . to me i think that is very wrong and why i like you tube even tho i hate their ads . but yet i get the points of their ads still do not like them . but just hit the skip button

but yet ahh when i see other videos like hard ware tech videos with their stores ahh they do offer something from their stores versus lets play this video game makers . doing the same thing with subs and likes and so forth ahh yeah different storys . you make a good video no matter who or what the topic is people will watch it and like it. iam just the only one that has the guts to say it on the forums . be nice if others gave their thoughts on this topic as well . besides thos that posted here already .

To really make this a little more topic focused.

that one tech hardware video channel that being with a A ends with some . i think you know the one i mean . now them they have a store with real world items and some good shirts too. i like them for that but yet kind of burns me on the part if you send in $5.00 you get to ask a question and get a answer bad taste in the mouth see the points now ???

for the rest how ever far as the you tube These new rules for YT is hitting every one even anet i think . just the same goes for blizzard and eso intel and amd Nvida too YT new rules as i see it is leaving no one out . one of thos one for every one covered bases deals on that part of it ,.

> @"Nord.1492" said:

> > > @"Nord.1492" said:

> > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This game will die soon. My friendlist, maps, lfg is like a big ghost town. No need to make yt content for this.

> > >

> >

> > idk in my time zone of na i see lots of people but i think that has to do with mega server system then it does any thing on that point. but will also say anet has not taken the much need steps to bring this game up to triple aaa standards

> >

> > honestly how many mmo games still even support windows XP any more even paid or another wise and how many new games coming out this year are still using DX9C even . your right on your point tho

>

> Its not only the lack of technical support. This game is really beautiful and some kind of "modern". More problematic is the catastrophic Balance and ... the philosophy to create content in 3 months and dont lose a word about it... who wants to look a yt video about that? Nobody...

very well said !!!!!!!!!!!!! and i fully agree with you on it fully with out one question at all !!!!!!!!!

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > So, trying to earn money in order to be able to feed one's family is greed?

> >

> > i think that point has been clearly made already very clear enough and has been agreed to and with by other posters on this topic .

> >

> > when any one with smart phone and laptop or desktop can go out and make a video game play video of lets play pubG case in point and are doing so to make money to support their family. well they have lost sight of every thing . now if they have a store lets say and that store offered real world items it could be argued the same way but yet they have changed in many ways and maybe offer something of world worth but yet not of any worth at all with videos of lets play . they really need to think things over and look at more better ideas to provide for their family's . as making lets play video game videos well any one like i said can do it .

> >

> > hope that answers your questions and maybe other forum posters will chime in on this topic as well too

> >

>

> I do not think that trying to feed your children counts as greed regardless of the means. I am not one to make and post videos, but I recognize one simple fact, that if a person is making money off of their videos then others find value in them. I am not one to be entertained by watching someone else play a game, but some people are. Receiving rewards, money or otherwise, for providing entertainment to others is not inappropriate.

>

> There are forms of music that I cannot stand, that seem nothing more than noise to me, and yet others download the music, go to the concerts, etc.

idk on that kids part of it in a way it just does not seam like to me the right thing to do at all when it comes to ones kids. they should do better than making lets play video games all day long to just make money to support their family's .

fully agree with you on them points but i will also say playing video games for long as i have . it has gotten me more interested in opera music over time. still like the old stuff but yet opera well just helps to think a lot more better with the game music on . go figure huh

this topic is not at all about your HIDING SOMETHING as it is about the SUB SCRIBERS FEES asking for on twitch patron and YouTube duh !! since some one had to post it to their TWITTER ACOUNT with one of these posts on this topic . lets clear it up and help this persons mind at easy and rest . it is ALL ABOUT the sub scribers fees being ask for and noting more noting less despite what some seam to think .

its all about the MONEY now that is cleared up for some one hope they are more at rest now on this topic like i said before did not make this topic just like all the other forums posters i am giving my person feed back on this topic noting more noting less just my own feed back on this topic just like any other forum topic that is posted to this forums or replied to by any other forums member . this is now going to be my last post on this topic with the hopes other forums members will also chime in on this topic . i am going back to enjoying the game pve is too dang fun in this game :p :p B) B)

SUB SCRIBERS FEES is what it is about .

> this topic is not at all about your HIDING SOMETHING as it is about the SUB SCRIBERS FEES asking for on twitch patron and YouTube duh !! since some one had to post it to their TWITTER ACOUNT with one of these posts on this topic . lets clear it up and help this persons mind at easy and rest . it is ALL ABOUT the sub scribers fees being ask for and noting more noting less despite what some seam to think .

>

> its all about the MONEY now that is cleared up for some one hope they are more at rest now on this topic like i said before did not make this topic just like all the other forums posters i am giving my person feed back on this topic noting more noting less just my own feed back on this topic just like any other forum topic that is posted to this forums or replied to by any other forums member . this is now going to be my last post on this topic with the hopes other forums members will also chime in on this topic . i am going back to enjoying the game pve is too dang fun in this game :p :p B) B)

>

> SUB SCRIBERS FEES is what it is about .

You can just call it out. It was me who posted your response to me on my twitter. You can also respond there to clairify if you like.

> > > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > > > People act like something bad is going to happen to GW2 now. Reality is the only serious youtube creator for GW2 is wooden potatoes. The rest is too small to get revenue big enough to make living out of it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So if you see youtube creator leaving GW2 content because of these changes you can clearly see that such person was making content based on greed, not passion.

> > > > >

> > > > > the honest truth is some of the GW2 content makers are doing it on greed when they seen it and no passion in it at all . just plan greed note i said some not all the only 2 that far as i know that i do not think is making videos for greed is wooden potatoes and duffy . i honestly think they are the only one that makes videos cause they really loves the game and been doing it since guild wars so them the only 2 i think that are not in it for the greed . but for the rest of the content makers on you tube in this game yes they are in it for the greed . they come out many times and make it very clear they doing it for the greed . that is why they went to patron and twitch and even had one tell me they use it to make money to support their family . and even posted videos of people sending them a PLAYSTATION 4 in just the last 2 months .

> > > > >

> > > > > thing is any one can hop on to you tube and twitch and make videos!! not that hard to do heck even i could do streaming videos all day and all night if i wanted to but not going to do it i enjoy the game too much

> > > > >

> > > > > also too this is not just about the guild wars 2 video content makers at all . it is about ANY ONE and EVERYONE that makes YouTube videos i seen this topic come up many times as of late from hard ware video makers to soft ware makers to truck drivers . and a lot of the hard ware makers that do tech shows have really made it clear that they are getting hit by this as well too !! so the guild wars 2 content makers on YouTube that are crying over and about this . is not the only ones that are getting hit by it at all . every one on YouTube is getting hit by this .

> > > >

> > > > greedy gw2 creators use twitch

> > >

> > > nope they use YouTube as well . if you watch that video i sent you with the time mark . i think you see very clearly your wrong on that point . :o :o ;)

> > > and it is easy found on YouTube ;) ;)

> > >

> >

> > you use youtube to gather audiencem then you live from twitch donations

> >

> > also peachy is not pure gw2 creator, she has deals with companies sending her gifts, so again, it's not about youtube monetization but 3rd party deal

>

> :o :p :p that is really how it works huh ??? that gift of the PLAYSTATION 4 came from a viewer person and not a company. had you watched it all you seen that ;)

>

> but still the fact remains what you said about them only posting it to twitch is still just not true . the YouTube video proves that fact :p

>

what she get was not part of youtube monetization, and this thread is about youtube monetization, think about it for a while, you will get it at one point