Viper / Trailblazer without HoT?

eaman.7562

I have the classic game + PoF expansion, I never bought HoT.

Can I craft a classic ascended sword and the get a [Recipe: Yassith's Viper's Inscription] from the Heroics Notary in order to stat swap to Viper's (+Condition Damage, +Power, +Condition Duration, and +Precision) stats?

Same thing for Trailblazer?

> @"eaman.7562" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > I doubt you can buy the inscriptions without HoT - try that first!

> He I've been to a Notary NPC and it has 2 empty tabs, yet I'm looking for a confirmation as I'm a noob and I may miss some trick ;) .

>

> Thanks :)

>

Those two tabs are labeled "heart of thorns" and have the recipes you want :/

> @"eaman.7562" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > I doubt you can buy the inscriptions without HoT - try that first!

> He I've been to a Notary NPC and it has 2 empty tabs, yet I'm looking for a confirmation as I'm a noob and I may miss some trick ;) .

>

> Thanks :)

>

Is your "Provisions Master" ability line maxed? If it is, it's likely blocked without HoT

Also - remember that "Yassith's Viper Insignia" is the *ascended* insignia - to stat swap you want the exotic "Viper Insignia"!

> Is your "Provisions Master" ability line maxed? If it is, it's likely blocked without HoT

>

> Also - remember that "Yassith's Viper Insignia" is the *ascended* insignia - to stat swap you want the exotic "Viper Insignia"!

No it's not.

Well the wiki reports: (requires Heart of Thorns): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience#Provisions_Master

Maybe I can give it a try as I get some ability points, thank for the advice.

> @"eaman.7562" said:

> > Is your "Provisions Master" ability line maxed? If it is, it's likely blocked without HoT

> >

> > Also - remember that "Yassith's Viper Insignia" is the *ascended* insignia - to stat swap you want the exotic "Viper Insignia"!

> No it's not.

> Well the wiki reports: (requires Heart of Thorns): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience#Provisions_Master

> Maybe I can give it a try as I get some ability points, thank for the advice.

>

If it doesn't work, you can always get a respec of your ability points to reclaim them, so it's worth trying, despite low probability! :)