Merciless Hammer could use a rework?

Oglaf.1074

The thing with CC duration is that the hammer has lowish durations and longish cooldowns, so it isn't designed for the same type of lockdown that Mace/Shield or Mace/Mace would be used for.

It really needs a different concept. Maybe a Chain Combo type system that says applying CC to a disabled target causes bonus power damage based on the length of the chain. Even works with Physicals (and Rampage transform attacks heh).

Would make Mace/Shield/Hammer pretty hilarious if you could pull it off. Mace/Shield/Hammer + Full Physicals for all in maximum damage.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> Merciless Hammer: Confusion inflicted by this trait has been split and will now apply 6 stacks for 4 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

>

> how the balance team continue to be employed by Anet remains a mystery.

It's pretty easy to see actually; you have to understand that their version of balance isn't based on performance, it's almost completely conceptual. I can see why, for Anet, they look at Hammer on Warrior and go "Yeah, it makes sense to apply confusion on Hammer ... after all, it's all about knocking people around and smashing their heads in ..."

We might think applying confusion as a warrior is stupid ... but it's not if you think about it as the concept of what hammer does.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > Merciless Hammer: Confusion inflicted by this trait has been split and will now apply 6 stacks for 4 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

> >

> > how the balance team continue to be employed by Anet remains a mystery.

>

> It's pretty easy to see actually; you have to understand that their version of balance isn't based on performance, it's almost completely conceptual. I can see why, for Anet, they look at Hammer on Warrior and go "Yeah, it makes sense to apply confusion on Hammer ... after all, it's all about knocking people around and smashing their heads in ..."

>

> We might think applying confusion as a warrior is stupid ... but it's not if you think about it as the concept of what hammer does.

That would make sense if it was actually a condition weapon, and it's going against BP and MMR.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Sure ... if your perspective is performance, like most people's are ... that does make sense. If your perspective is "Hammer = knocking people around the head", then confusions doesn't see too far off the mark.

Thematically it makes sense, but it is useless in terms of practical function.

• 2 weeks later...

a blow to the head with a warhammer would definitely cause more harm than just being confused so in my opinion a bad concept for that weapon, its a heavy weapon so alot of strength is needed and it causes alot of physical dmg while locking down someone who got hit.

ofc its a slow type of weapon because of its weight but here i see the biggest problems, its attacks are so hard to connect and if you manage to land one you dont rly get rewarded, because every class now has low cd stunbreaks...i used to love hammer/gs pre hot, but have fun finally hitting a cc and try to chain it on a thief after 5 million dodges and through a ton of blinds just so he gets out of your combo with bandits defense or shadowstep with lower cds than your actuall cc skills

• 2 weeks later...

Hammer does squeaky damage despite being Traited for Pure Damage. No might generation.

Trait that boost its damage too hard to use in PVE. Mean while Power reaper do max damage with more simple rotation and constant 25 might stack. And can go into I win mode without sacrificing a slot for Adrenaline maker.

So for PVE split merciless hammer could be rework into stacking self buff per interrupt . And PVE Adrenaline could use a revert to longer time to decay outside combat.