People trying to justify scourge as balanced.

Razor.6392

This is nothing new, people allways gonna try to defend their broken builds, happened before with Hambow, Cele Ele and Engi, Shoutbow, pre nerf Rev, DH and Turret Engi(not because they were op, but Risk/Reward was way off), etc...Scourge is way more powerfull that all these builds and is just as braindead as old Turret Engi.

The best we can do is just wait and see what Anet have for us on the next balance patch.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> This is nothing new, people allways gonna try to defend their broken builds, happened before with Hambow, Cele Ele and Engi, Shoutbow, pre nerf Rev, DH and Turret Engi(not because they were op, but Risk/Reward was way off), etc...Scourge is way more powerfull that all these builds and is just as braindead as old Turret Engi.

> The best we can do is just wait and see what Anet have for us on the next balance patch.

From what I understand they plan to change the boon corruption conversion tables,which will make absolutely no difference

since a Shade corrupts all boons anyway,and the end result will be exactly what is now.

A spammable AoE field that acts as a void in which most other combat mechanics become non applicable,any attempt at balancing extinct,

and combat quality a waterfall of turd.

I know balance,me.

P.S At least Scourge succeeded in providing a support option for Necromancer.

All the listings for Druids Eles and Mesmers are long gone,and everyone is

looking to Scourge for support.

Kek.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> I love all the "Bring Ranged" answers.....

>

> A wild Ranger appeared.... He used Rapid Fire!

> Fire Brand reflected it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

>

> A wild Thief appeared.... He used Unload!

> Scourge used Corrosive Poison Cloud, it's not very effective.

>

> Anyway, 1 more to add to the OP list.

> - It's unfair that Diamond skin hard counters necro full condition builds, Learn to play if you can't melee a scourge.

Fixed it for you....

A Pro Ranger appears.... He used Rapid Fire! And signet of the hunt unblockle

> Fire Brand attempts to reflect it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

Firebrand eats every arrow being too noob to dodge, and not knowing why, thinks its a bug and continues using cooky cutter build and dying to ranger.

Firebrand sends salty whisper

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Why then were there only a handful of scourge in the top 100 last season?

Because everyone plays them and there are only so many spots in top 100 duhhh. Ther reason why we see so many FBs there is because they have incredible synergy with scourge and most teams with fb/scourge will win vs team without that combo. Simple as it is.

The only true counter to scourge is insta-gib one trick pony snipers (e.g. boosted DJ) but you can take a wild guess how they fare in 5v5 environment.

> @"EDDIE WRECKER.1375" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I love all the "Bring Ranged" answers.....

> >

> > A wild Ranger appeared.... He used Rapid Fire!

> > Fire Brand reflected it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> >

> > A wild Thief appeared.... He used Unload!

> > Scourge used Corrosive Poison Cloud, it's not very effective.

> >

> > Anyway, 1 more to add to the OP list.

> > - It's unfair that Diamond skin hard counters necro full condition builds, Learn to play if you can't melee a scourge.

> Fixed it for you....

> A Pro Ranger appears.... He used Rapid Fire! And signet of the hunt unblockle

> > Fire Brand attempts to reflect it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> Firebrand eats every arrow being too noob to dodge, and not knowing why, thinks its a bug and continues using cooky cutter build and dying to ranger.

> Firebrand sends salty whisper

Lmao where are all these pro rangers coming from? Is ranger the genji of gw2? Too good.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > > > don't forget "they don't have range or mobility. so just range them to death" as if thats actually possible <.<

> > > > >

> > > > > It is.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > if they just stay there. and its 1 on 1. sure.

> > > >

> > > > but be realistic. in a fight, they going to try to get to you. and use terrain or ranged skills with cripple or immoblize to do it.

> > > >

> > > > and if its a group zerg. may god have mercy cause that scourge is going to stampede on you. and no armor will save you. no condition cleanse will be enough. and any boon will just kitten you over.

> > >

> > > You're makign some wrong assumptions here...

> > > A Ranger/Druid won't be a high priority target for a group, a scourge, will... So what's more likely in a group fight? The whole enemy focusing a ranger sniping a scourge, or the ranger's team focusing the scourge, thus allowing him to obliterate the scourge?

> >

> > how long will it take for a single ranger to kill a scourge thats in a zerg, and which benefits from zerg heals. (not to mention shots beign obstructed, or hitting wrong enemy)

> >

> > and good luck targeting a single scourge in a zerg. its called a zerg for a reason.

> >

> > and if you've done wvw. you'll know why people spam AoES rather than single target.

>

> Oh you're talking WvW? I thought this was a PvP post, my bad..

> In WvW, there will be Scourge bombs, Spellbreaker bubbles, meteor showers, Ranger LB 5, there's a lot of aoes to go around. *I don't consider that fighting, i consider that mobbing.*

This. I wish anet changed wvw in a way that having 5 10-man squads would be way better than having 50 man blobs, but i dont think the WvW comunity would like that.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"EDDIE WRECKER.1375" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > I love all the "Bring Ranged" answers.....

> > >

> > > A wild Ranger appeared.... He used Rapid Fire!

> > > Fire Brand reflected it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> > >

> > > A wild Thief appeared.... He used Unload!

> > > Scourge used Corrosive Poison Cloud, it's not very effective.

> > >

> > > Anyway, 1 more to add to the OP list.

> > > - It's unfair that Diamond skin hard counters necro full condition builds, Learn to play if you can't melee a scourge.

> > Fixed it for you....

> > A Pro Ranger appears.... He used Rapid Fire! And signet of the hunt unblockle

> > > Fire Brand attempts to reflect it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> > Firebrand eats every arrow being too noob to dodge, and not knowing why, thinks its a bug and continues using cooky cutter build and dying to ranger.

> > Firebrand sends salty whisper

>

> Lmao where are all these pro rangers coming from? Is ranger the genji of gw2? Too good.

Well, Rapid Fire on assassin's or Power ranger can do a lot of damage, using signet of the hunt to make it unblockable is a sure kill if Necro don't dodge.

> @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > Why then were there only a handful of scourge in the top 100 last season?

>

> Because everyone plays them and there are only so many spots in top 100 duhhh. Ther reason why we see so many FBs there is because they have incredible synergy with scourge and most teams with fb/scourge will win vs team without that combo. Simple as it is.

>

> The only true counter to scourge is insta-gib one trick pony snipers (e.g. boosted DJ) but you can take a wild guess how they fare in 5v5 environment.

There's 100 spots on top 100 by definition...

And if **everyone** plays them, then there would be 100 Scourges?

Well, it's a 5v5, if there's a counter to the enemy carry, you carry the counter. That's how actual "pvp" works. GW2 is long since gone from that kind of play style.

Ever since they added the Ascension, and other similar rewards PvP became PvE farm central, which is why people instead of using strategy and adapting the meta to the op class (which has obvious counters), they start crying foul in the forums.

This is why when i want competitive play i log off gw2 and go play other games.

> > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > Why then were there only a handful of scourge in the top 100 last season?

> >

> > Because everyone plays them and there are only so many spots in top 100 duhhh. Ther reason why we see so many FBs there is because they have incredible synergy with scourge and most teams with fb/scourge will win vs team without that combo. Simple as it is.

> >

> > The only true counter to scourge is insta-gib one trick pony snipers (e.g. boosted DJ) but you can take a wild guess how they fare in 5v5 environment.

>

> There's 100 spots on top 100 by definition...

> And if **everyone** plays them, then there would be 100 Scourges?

>

> Well, it's a 5v5, if there's a counter to the enemy carry, you carry the counter. That's how actual "pvp" works. GW2 is long since gone from that kind of play style.

> Ever since they added the Ascension, and other similar rewards PvP became PvE farm central, which is why people instead of using strategy and adapting the meta to the op class (which has obvious counters), they start crying foul in the forums.

> This is why when i want competitive play i log off gw2 and go play other games.

Top 30 or so spots will always belong to top players and cheaters, so there is that. Rest IS filled with scourges and FBs.

Problem with DE is: it can't hold point (which is ok, not their job) and also does poorly against every other class in game. Your one-shot DJ is not worth anything if necro gets rezzed right away and enemy thief is camping you 24/7, literary preventing you from landing any DJs.

There is no strategy to sea of red circles on every point outside of afk'ing on spawn or playing same crap. But hey it is easier to talk crap to other players than acknowledge the fact that pvp in this game was intentionally turned into p2w and scourge/fb/mirage (and holo to some extend) are just means to enhance sales. Anet balancing team showed 0 interest to even try to provide somehow balanced environment to pvp so yes, i think, a lot of common complains we see atm are actually justified. What Anet did to us is same as: you buy a car, few years later the seller comes into your house, destroys your car so he can sell you a new one.

Just take thief as example: the june patch, the nerfs to acro just to introduce acro v2.0 aka DD. We paid for core game. We paid even for flipping HoT. Just to watch how Anet nerfs HoT spec as well (but hey EM, that is better by miles, is completely fine, yep, completely fine..... double standards anyone?) in epic attempt to create artificial demand for DE (which failed miserably). What a joke.

> > @"Cynz.9437" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > Why then were there only a handful of scourge in the top 100 last season?

> >

> > Because everyone plays them and there are only so many spots in top 100 duhhh. Ther reason why we see so many FBs there is because they have incredible synergy with scourge and most teams with fb/scourge will win vs team without that combo. Simple as it is.

> >

> > The only true counter to scourge is insta-gib one trick pony snipers (e.g. boosted DJ) but you can take a wild guess how they fare in 5v5 environment.

>

> There's 100 spots on top 100 by definition...

> And if **everyone** plays them, then there would be 100 Scourges?

>

> Well, it's a 5v5, if there's a counter to the enemy carry, you carry the counter. That's how actual "pvp" works. GW2 is long since gone from that kind of play style.

> Ever since they added the Ascension, and other similar rewards PvP became PvE farm central, which is why people instead of using strategy and adapting the meta to the op class (which has obvious counters), they start crying foul in the forums.

> This is why when i want competitive play i log off gw2 and go play other games.

ohoho ain't you precious.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> We're all wrong. Scourge is balanced and we all, including actual top players, SUCK at the game.

>

> You just know that the people defending scourges always do this in any game, they always know better. Wearing shirts with "dont nerf, adapt", they really believe their own bs lol. Because nothing is ever unbalanced, it's always a L2P issue, and they, from the bottom of the leaderboard, have seen the light.

>

>

>

>

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"EDDIE WRECKER.1375" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > I love all the "Bring Ranged" answers.....

> > > >

> > > > A wild Ranger appeared.... He used Rapid Fire!

> > > > Fire Brand reflected it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> > > >

> > > > A wild Thief appeared.... He used Unload!

> > > > Scourge used Corrosive Poison Cloud, it's not very effective.

> > > >

> > > > Anyway, 1 more to add to the OP list.

> > > > - It's unfair that Diamond skin hard counters necro full condition builds, Learn to play if you can't melee a scourge.

> > > Fixed it for you....

> > > A Pro Ranger appears.... He used Rapid Fire! And signet of the hunt unblockle

> > > > Fire Brand attempts to reflect it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> > > Firebrand eats every arrow being too noob to dodge, and not knowing why, thinks its a bug and continues using cooky cutter build and dying to ranger.

> > > Firebrand sends salty whisper

> >

> > Lmao where are all these pro rangers coming from? Is ranger the genji of gw2? Too good.

>

> Well, Rapid Fire on assassin's or Power ranger can do a lot of damage, using signet of the hunt to make it unblockable is a sure kill if Necro don't dodge.

He better learn how to dodge!

![](https://i.imgur.com/4VZ9YkY.gif "")

Loved all the quotes by the way

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > I love all the "Bring Ranged" answers.....

> > >

> > > A wild Ranger appeared.... He used Rapid Fire!

> > > Fire Brand reflected it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> > >

> > > A wild Thief appeared.... He used Unload!

> > > Scourge used Corrosive Poison Cloud, it's not very effective.

> > >

> > > Anyway, 1 more to add to the OP list.

> > > - It's unfair that Diamond skin hard counters necro full condition builds, Learn to play if you can't melee a scourge.

> > Fixed it for you....

> > A Pro Ranger appears.... He used Rapid Fire! And signet of the hunt unblockle

> > > Fire Brand attempts to reflect it back using Valiant Bulwark, it's not very effective.

> > Firebrand eats every arrow being too noob to dodge, and not knowing why, thinks its a bug and continues using cooky cutter build and dying to ranger.

> > Firebrand sends salty whisper

>

> Lmao where are all these pro rangers coming from? Is ranger the genji of gw2? Too good.

All these pro rangers? Just a few that look at meta and bother to do something different and get a wall of whispers being told to play meta or you is just lucky lol

FK the Meta!

Because every stupid ranger follows metabattle and uses signet of stone lol too dumb and they are too scared to run core ranger. Core ranger is a full counter to scrouge not kidding. We are just expected to bunk, but shock horror if you think for yourself and do something unexpected ... they dont expect it lol

Not sure why this is news to anyone lol

People need to be less metabattle zombies and actually play the game that works for them.

If scourge is so op why not just have a team full of them lol.

> Oh and just stay out of the f ing rings lol

Lol because the scourge can’t move the shades and keep you off point.

All these anti scourge tactics hinges on the scourges themselves being brain dead.

“Oh they won’t walk into my shade. Oh well. GG well played. I guess it’s over.”

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > Oh and just stay out of the f ing rings lol

>

> Lol because the scourge can’t move the shades and keep you off point.

>

> All these anti scourge tactics hinges on the scourges themselves being brain dead.

>

> “Oh they won’t walk into my shade. Oh well. GG well played. I guess it’s over.”

You underestimate how braindead folks can be..even in plat.

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

>

>

> All these anti scourge tactics hinges on the scourges themselves being brain dead.

>

> “Oh they won’t walk into my shade. Oh well. GG well played. I guess it’s over.”

There's 3 shades you can place, not infinite. Make them exhaust the shades, and yes, i'll say it again, there should be some counterplay to shades, i've suggested a CC bar that when broken dissipates them, but can be any other thing. Cast times on shade skills, icd on manifest sand shade's effect when other skills are cast, etc.> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > Oh and just stay out of the f ing rings lol

> >

> > Lol because the scourge can’t move the shades and keep you off point.

> >

> > All these anti scourge tactics hinges on the scourges themselves being brain dead.

> >

> > “Oh they won’t walk into my shade. Oh well. GG well played. I guess it’s over.”

>

> You underestimate how braindead folks can be..even in plat.

Also true. Like those people that still think fight a scourge in his range and using condis against a scourge will go well for them.

**Mod heroically deleted my post so here it is again so you can keep the cries on the real problem **

The problem with forum minions is they dont seem to think very far when talking about balance.

1. First of all the problem with scourge is not scourge, it is conditions. The burst potential of conditions in general is too high especially when you have to consider the effects of non damaging conditions.

2. Second conditions were buffed more than likely because of the bunker issue. Bunker builds had been a thorn in pvp for a very long time. Direct damage was buffed for this same reason

3. This means that the issue with scourge has nothing to do with scourge at all.

4. If balance starts from scourge there is a high chance the class will become next to unusable because of its class mechanic. Necro class design is so bad that unless you are doing obscene amounts of damage you will likely get mauled. This is why Anet has been constantly raising necro's damage potential. Dropping it now will just expose the class.

5. To fix this issue, the shroud mechanic has to be redesigned and bunkers have to be made impossible to build. Without bunkers in pvp there would be no need for so much damage.

6. Also thief is a huge factor. People dont seem to understand exactly how much the thief class has affected balance and the design of other classes over the years. Thief has affected mesmer, necro, warrior, revenant, guardian and probably the others too in some way.

The balance issue has nothing to do with scourge, blindly nerf scourge and all the necro mains will flood the forums with suggestion threads again and you forum minions will just focus your attention on mirage.

You do realize receiving your 3-7 conditions in .5 seconds still results in very little damage, even if the scourge is completely maxed out in condition damage. The max damage it ticks with the wave of conditions is around 1200. Your issue isn't being hit with conditions, your actual issue is being hit by multiple condition classes at once. This in effect is absolutely **no different** than someone getting whacked by multiple melee classes at once. The only difference is, the conditions are easily nullified due to resistance, but even then I'm finding now Rev's would rather spec in damage rather than a couple in party support.

This comes down to a player problem, not a class problem. I can easily say there is issues with guardians and warriors because LB rangers can't deal with them.

Your "AoE spam fest" can easily be dealt with by a couple of rangers easily. The fact none of you want to play them is your own problem. Give it a rest with the scourge, nothing is changing, and if it does, all they can do is lengthen the condition while decreasing damage. This is about the worst thing they can do because the last thing people need is torment ticking longer.

When scourges can get decimated by ranged classes in less than 7 seconds, despite being babysat by firebrands, there is a serious balance problem. The only change scourges need is some sort of defense to ranged classes, because right now they have none.

The only other change players need to make is learning to post in existing threads whining about scourge.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> When scourges can get decimated by ranged classes in less than 7 seconds, despite being babysat by firebrands, there is a serious balance problem. The only change scourges need is some sort of defense to ranged classes, because right now they have none.

First off Scourges are a ranged class.

Secondly a Scourge should not be dying in 7 seconds to anything. Scourge can dodge, it can LoS, and it does have ranged CC capabilities.

>Your "AoE spam fest" can easily be dealt with by a couple of rangers easily. The fact none of you want to play them is your own problem.

I don't know about you but I see rangers in practically every match, people are rerolling because of Scourge, Scourge is just so dominant that the increased about of LB rangers is insufficient to push Scourge out of the meta. As long as people are playing classes other than thieves and rangers, Scourge will be meta. I hope I do not have to explain why removing all other classes from pvp is not a acceptable solution.

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

>

>

>

Not brain dead, good bad or otherwise target them and shoot them down lol. But they do get to sit on point while you fight off point, inwhich people seem to get upset about in pvp.

I often have arguments with people, about the fight on point and die vs kill them any how you can and take the point. Btw I havent said weather I think they are op or not, just that there are non-meta builds that can rip them to pieces.

When people talk about these subject they are talking metabattle builds only, within limited ideas. Scroug counters these ideas, try something different. Like, make your own build and play that?? Hmmm?? Just an idea ....

> > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > Oh and just stay out of the f ing rings lol

> >

> > Lol because the scourge can’t move the shades and keep you off point.

> >

> > All these anti scourge tactics hinges on the scourges themselves being brain dead.

> >

> > “Oh they won’t walk into my shade. Oh well. GG well played. I guess it’s over.”

>

> Not brain dead, good bad or otherwise target them and shoot them down lol. But they do get to sit on point while you fight off point, inwhich people seem to get upset about in pvp.

> I often have arguments with people, about the fight on point and die vs kill them any how you can and take the point. Btw I havent said weather I think they are op or not, just that there are non-meta builds that can rip them to pieces.

>

> When people talk about these subject they are talking metabattle builds only, within limited ideas. Scroug counters these ideas, try something different. Like, make your own build and play that?? Hmmm?? Just an idea ....

There are 3 different scenarios for your "fight off point" theorycraft.

1. Scourge already has the point captured, you come, he LoS behind an obstacle while waiting for you to come decap. Outcome = lose.

2. You have the point captured, he comes, you step off point while he can at least decap. Outcome = neutral (whichever team gets help first will win)***

3. The scourge has a fb with him so your shots become worthless, the enemy dps chases you around and scourge destroys what's left of your team. Outcome = lose.

***: Scourge will rarely go for a solo decap on the side.

Tell me, in what imaginary scenario do you actually beat scourge?

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > > > @"EDDIE WRECKER.1375" said:

> > > > Oh and just stay out of the f ing rings lol

> > >

> > > Lol because the scourge can’t move the shades and keep you off point.

> > >

> > > All these anti scourge tactics hinges on the scourges themselves being brain dead.

> > >

> > > “Oh they won’t walk into my shade. Oh well. GG well played. I guess it’s over.”

> >

> > Not brain dead, good bad or otherwise target them and shoot them down lol. But they do get to sit on point while you fight off point, inwhich people seem to get upset about in pvp.

> > I often have arguments with people, about the fight on point and die vs kill them any how you can and take the point. Btw I havent said weather I think they are op or not, just that there are non-meta builds that can rip them to pieces.

> >

> > When people talk about these subject they are talking metabattle builds only, within limited ideas. Scroug counters these ideas, try something different. Like, make your own build and play that?? Hmmm?? Just an idea ....

>

> There are 3 different scenarios for your "fight off point" theorycraft.

>

> 1. Scourge already has the point captured, you come, he LoS behind an obstacle while waiting for you to come decap. Outcome = lose.

> 2. You have the point captured, he comes, you step off point while he can at least decap. Outcome = neutral (whichever team gets help first will win)***

> 3. The scourge has a fb with him so your shots become worthless, the enemy dps chases you around and scourge destroys what's left of your team. Outcome = lose.

>

> ***: Scourge will rarely go for a solo decap on the side.

>

> Tell me, in what imaginary scenario do you actually beat scourge?

1. Wrong. What points have cover lol not many, if they do, manuver, pewpew ftw lol

2. I have a point capped pewpew him down b4 he gets close pewpew ftw

3. I assume you are talking about block, if so unblockable shots pewpew ftw or leave and free cap a point or get another point.

Talk about norrow minded. See done lol

Scourge is the poster boy for how this game has changed.

If you go back earlier in the game, when the devs who now work at Amazon, etc were handling things, then there was a meaningful degree of emphasis on skilled or even simply good gameplay, they used to talk about things such as why it was important that classes had weaknesses, had to make trade-offs, etc, they also had an understanding of why class X was deigned a certain way which is either gone or ignored these days.

So to take scourge, back in the day necro was given limitations on things like how many damaging condies it could output, because it was understood that a class with condie transfers and boon corrupts should not be able to puke out top tier amounts of damaging condies on top of that, because that would be broken, fast forward to 2017 and Scourge and you have something that can vomit out every damaging condie other than confusion, and now has more boon corruption than it ever did on top of that.

But really the problem is not scourge, it along with firebrand and mirage are simply the most excessive examples currently, because to varying degrees the same applies to virtually every elite spec, the problem is that the game has gone from one where the intent of the devs was at least to some extent to design for skillful, good gameplay, to one where the intent is to make things OP to sell expansions, make stuff easy to play, make stuff forgiving, in essence make it low skilled to cater to an ever less skillful playerbase in a game in decline.

This isn't going to change, and even if the patch is "good" it will barely make a dent, if you genuinely want skillful, competitive, even fun PvP then you should probably look elsewhere at this stage.