palawan phylacteries drop from champs in Palawadan and Great Hall

> @"nekretaal.6485" said:

> I hope so. The "leeching" meta where 70% of the Zerg farms champs while a minority does all of the event completion work needs to stop.

>

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> Yeah, the "let's drag out the event so more champions spawn" attitude , while understandable, really doesn't help the content feel fun or intuitive.

What are you talking about? For example, Palawadan is mostly about defending spots in the area, thus the champs are an important part of the farming process, and "normal" mobs go down in like 1-2 seconds after they got spawned, sometimes even champions do. The champions are valuable source of various stuff in PoF: from mats, spirit shards and recipes to some collection weapons. If you dislike ppl farming Amala's champ minions in GH for another 2-3 minutes (omg, such a waste!), please just say it straight as it is, don't come up with some mysterious "70% of leechers".

Metas are all about farming, and that stuff should be efficient. Otherwise, Istan would become deserted just like the other PoF's locations.

Ages ago, ANet changed champion loot tables to always include a champ bag of some kind. The idea was: if it takes that long to take down, it ought to drop something 'decent'.

Later, they also changed some events to include more champs (to make it possible for more people to pass the participation threshold) which meant that some champs became non loot-bearing foes. This I think this was a mistake as it creates this sort of confusion. Among the worst offenders is the Claw of Jormag fight: scripted champs drop no loot while champs that show up due to scaling on the ledges (the ones we need to watch) do bear loot. There, it's particularly annoying because the loot-bearing champs are far easier to kill than the non-loot ones.

So regardless of whether Palawadan should or shouldn't have a champ bag nerf, I urge ANet to use some other rank of foe to achieve that sort of balance.

Or in short: if it's a champ, it ought to drop a champ bag on death.

> @"nekretaal.6485" said:

> I hope so. The "leeching" meta where 70% of the Zerg farms champs while a minority does all of the event completion work needs to stop.

>

Leeching? You realize that this is the complete wrong term? The entire zerg is there for one reason, to get as much loot as possible from the events there. Otherwise you wouldn't want to join a dedicated istan farm squad. The events are ridiculously easy and predictable. The timer in the right corner of your screen tells you exactly how much time you have left to get as much loot as possible, only <1-2 min you need to actually start doing the objective to end the loot fest.

No one is leeching there. Everyone is participating heavily in the meta events. There is no point in rushing through the events just to stand around 5 minutes longer to wait for the next event.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Ages ago, ANet changed champion loot tables to always include a champ bag of some kind. The idea was: if it takes that long to take down, it ought to drop something 'decent'.

>

> Later, they also changed some events to include more champs (to make it possible for more people to pass the participation threshold) which meant that some champs became non loot-bearing foes. This I think this was a mistake as it creates this sort of confusion. Among the worst offenders is the Claw of Jormag fight: scripted champs drop no loot while champs that show up due to scaling on the ledges (the ones we need to watch) do bear loot. There, it's particularly annoying because the loot-bearing champs are far easier to kill than the non-loot ones.

>

> So regardless of whether Palawadan should or shouldn't have a champ bag nerf, I urge ANet to use some other rank of foe to achieve that sort of balance.

>

> Or in short: if it's a champ, it ought to drop a champ bag on death.

Consistent inconsistency rears its ugly head once again :p

Personally I've yet to encountered any Istan champ that didn't drop a phylactery assuming I did enough damage to it. Some go down so fast that it is impossible to tag it if you were fighting a different champ at the time.

> @"Nereikia.3507" said:

> > @"nekretaal.6485" said:

> > I hope so. The "leeching" meta where 70% of the Zerg farms champs while a minority does all of the event completion work needs to stop.

> >

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > Yeah, the "let's drag out the event so more champions spawn" attitude , while understandable, really doesn't help the content feel fun or intuitive.

>

> What are you talking about? For example, Palawadan is mostly about defending spots in the area, thus the champs are an important part of the farming process, and "normal" mobs go down in like 1-2 seconds after they got spawned, sometimes even champions do. The champions are valuable source of various stuff in PoF: from mats, spirit shards and recipes to some collection weapons. If you dislike ppl farming Amala's champ minions in GH for another 2-3 minutes (omg, such a waste!), please just say it straight as it is, don't come up with some mysterious "70% of leechers".

>

> Metas are all about farming, and that stuff should be efficient. Otherwise, Istan would become deserted just like the other PoF's locations.

Like I said, while understandable. I personally think that artificially spawning more champions as a farming method has nothing to do with doing the event itself. Instead, it would be much better design if x champions were required to be killed each 25% of a boss's health.

I just think it's bad design when you have to go and ignore the actual objective of the event in order to gain more loot, rather gaining more loot by doing the event more successfully/ having all the loot as part of a successful completion/ pull in the champions as part of the event, etc. If people who are putting in equal effort, it really shouldn't matter if they kill 5 veterans or a champion in order to gain more loot. Ideally speaking anyway.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> The earth elemental, I believe, does not drop anything during the GH fight.

Consistency! Once again scripted champ does not give loot but the ones from scaling does. :)

Just like Claw of Jormag event.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Nereikia.3507" said:

> > > @"nekretaal.6485" said:

> > > I hope so. The "leeching" meta where 70% of the Zerg farms champs while a minority does all of the event completion work needs to stop.

> > >

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > Yeah, the "let's drag out the event so more champions spawn" attitude , while understandable, really doesn't help the content feel fun or intuitive.

> >

> > What are you talking about? For example, Palawadan is mostly about defending spots in the area, thus the champs are an important part of the farming process, and "normal" mobs go down in like 1-2 seconds after they got spawned, sometimes even champions do. The champions are valuable source of various stuff in PoF: from mats, spirit shards and recipes to some collection weapons. If you dislike ppl farming Amala's champ minions in GH for another 2-3 minutes (omg, such a waste!), please just say it straight as it is, don't come up with some mysterious "70% of leechers".

> >

> > Metas are all about farming, and that stuff should be efficient. Otherwise, Istan would become deserted just like the other PoF's locations.

>

> Like I said, while understandable. I personally think that artificially spawning more champions as a farming method has nothing to do with doing the event itself. Instead, it would be much better design if x champions were required to be killed each 25% of a boss's health.

>

> I just think it's bad design when you have to go and ignore the actual objective of the event in order to gain more loot, rather gaining more loot by doing the event more successfully/ having all the loot as part of a successful completion/ pull in the champions as part of the event, etc. If people who are putting in equal effort, it really shouldn't matter if they kill 5 veterans or a champion in order to gain more loot. Ideally speaking anyway.

Doing the event faster used to be a way to get more loot but then people complained that it needed to be fixed ...

I'm really sorry to see the hate for the 2 minute tactic, because I admire the cleverness of the people who figured this out for us. I was always rather uncomfortable with the multi-map looting in Auric Basin, because it felt like cheating, but this whole GH farm, including its special variety of map hopping, is completely on the level, no cheat at all. Everyone participates in the event, and gains as much loot as possible within the set-up Anet gave us. Why the anger? Does it just feel intrusive when you think you're doing the right thing, but get scolded in map chat? Understandable. But I encourage you to embrace the method, and enjoy the extra loot from the phylacteries that drop from the champs. It's a lot of fun!

I hope it was nerfed. I was part of this meta yesterday and the majority of the zerg ignored the boss. This really is no different than how people abused the Auric Basin meta jumping in between maps.

One could argue "leave the map if you don't like it", but on the same token, if one happened to just join the map and want to do the meta, you can't ask them to leave. If anything, the onus should be on the rest wanting to farm the champs to hop maps until they finally find a compliant map. This obviously would never happen, so the next best thing was for Anet to nerf it.

Do your own thing, if u want to farm champs- leave amala, if u want to do event faster- leave champs and focus amala. Dont see any problem with that event. Just some ppl trying to force others to farm champs, and some trying to force focusing amala. Do ur own thing, ignore the rest