So... what profession are you rolling to? I'm thinking of Weaver

reiko.6081

I am invested in making scourge work (see my sad, sad DPS thread), but am prepared to switch back to Holosmith, Guardian or even Warrior. If Warrior and Ranger are the only classes allowed to be proper support classes, I guess I have to jump to them, since I would really like to have a supporty role with my main.

I think i will stick on my Memser or Guard. Mirage seems not to be my thing but i love Chrono. Guard/DH is always a save bet and never abandond in any gamemode. Also the Firestarter looks really interresting to me, and hey ift it not works for me no problem i have a decent power dps build with DH. But waiting for the core/reaperchanges tomorrow but i have no hope at all if i'm honest.

I mean, I'm basically a babe in the woods on this game, reached 80 with my 1 character (Necro), unlocking Reaper as I go...I mainly open world, with some dungeons sprinkled in thus far. Haven't dipped my toes in WvW or PvP, so as long as my Reaper or the Scourge can kill open world mobs in a reasonable amount of time, I won't change mains...but further down the road if I want to do "high end" content, I guess I'll have to, because the devs contempt for the profession is palpable.

I plan to learn how to play Necro without a shroud transform. Timing barriers, working function keys, placing shades in strategic locations, using Sand Swell... There are a lot of new mechanics to learn. Also, the thin and very temporary barriers remind me of how easily Necromancer used to go down. Playing Necro used to be like playing GW2 in challenge mode.