Shroud change

Patrick.2987

How about giving the abilities a set amount of lf cost like scourge has it and add defensive things to utilities and maybe weapons. Make shroud enter not decay lifeforce but actual hp for same amount and increase the damage like alot. It would make shroud an offensive ability with a high risk/reward in usage and coulld make up some damage lacks. Therefore defense outside of shroud is needed since it would be no longer protecting.

ANet don't do reworks. They tweak numbers and every now and then they change the functionality of a skill.

Besides that Necro can be fixed without reworking the whole theme of the class.

**PvE relevant:** Add a useful utility or 20% DPS for Power Reaper while taking care to not buff the burst capability (because this is already very good and a buff yould break the class in PvP).

**PvP relevant:** Reduce Shroud cooldown to 7 seconds and buff MH-Dagger and Staff for power users.

Reduce degeneration of Core Shroud to 2% to fill a niche for tanky power based backline gameplay. Core Shroud is weak, so it should at least grant significant sustain.

Transfusion and Life from Death should work in Shroud to make Blood Magic viable for Core Necros and Reapers.

Buff every single trait of Death Magic!

/Necro fixed

Sand Shroud would no longer pulses conditions and barrier but works like a aditional shade on Scourge instead. The Scourge itself should not release shade's abitities without have Sand Shroud activated.

The specialization shoud be far more fun and less OP.

Example:

Current f1 - f4 skills remains unchanged, but f5 transforms the Scourge into a shade allowing the Scourge to use his weapon skills through his shades. The shades shall be like extention of Scourge, increasing the range of weapon skills. Each shade should use a replication of the Necro's weapon skill at cost of life force, how more shades active in the world, more weapon skills replies and more life force spend.

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> Actually they reworked every traitline back in the days and reworked traits for scourge for example. Plague got a rework aswell and there are other examples.

They did no reworks to traitlines. They merged traits when they introduced the new traitsystem.

And I already said that they rework skills every now and then... like one skill per year or so.

But you want to rework the complete class mechanic. Not going to happen!

I find the fact that shroud has LF decay at all to be pointlessly restrictive. The decay should either be 1% or nothing at all. It wouldn't even be overpowered as you lose access to your utility skills. If revenant gets 2 full utility kits, and engineer can swap between full on weapon skill kits...necro should be able to freely use shroud without any time limit on it as those two classes get full kits with no time limit.

Oh boo hoo shroud has extra health. Shroud has no defenses! It takes nothing to burst through shroud.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Transfusion and Life from Death should work in Shroud to make Blood Magic viable for Core Necros and Reapers.

> /Necro fixed

Life from Death does work in shroud though, as the healing is applied after the transform is exited.

Also blood magic is already being used by Reapers, however that is mostly due to Shroud being so poor defensively these days making the healing from Life Steals + traited wells from Blood Magic a better sustain tool than Soul Reaping is.

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> I find the fact that shroud has LF decay at all to be pointlessly restrictive. The decay should either be 1% or nothing at all. It wouldn't even be overpowered as you lose access to your utility skills. If revenant gets 2 full utility kits, and engineer can swap between full on weapon skill kits...necro should be able to freely use shroud without any time limit on it as those two classes get full kits with no time limit.

> Oh boo hoo shroud has extra health. Shroud has no defenses! It takes nothing to burst through shroud.

This might be relatively obscure, but shroud actually has a 50% damage reduction for direct damage. I wouldn't make comparisons to rev and engineers kits for no reason as they have shortcomings of their own.

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > I find the fact that shroud has LF decay at all to be pointlessly restrictive. The decay should either be 1% or nothing at all. It wouldn't even be overpowered as you lose access to your utility skills. If revenant gets 2 full utility kits, and engineer can swap between full on weapon skill kits...necro should be able to freely use shroud without any time limit on it as those two classes get full kits with no time limit.

> > Oh boo hoo shroud has extra health. Shroud has no defenses! It takes nothing to burst through shroud.

>

> This might be relatively obscure, but shroud actually has a 50% damage reduction for direct damage. I wouldn't make comparisons to rev and engineers kits for no reason as they have shortcomings of their own.

The reduction applies to all damage types not just direct.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > I find the fact that shroud has LF decay at all to be pointlessly restrictive. The decay should either be 1% or nothing at all. It wouldn't even be overpowered as you lose access to your utility skills. If revenant gets 2 full utility kits, and engineer can swap between full on weapon skill kits...necro should be able to freely use shroud without any time limit on it as those two classes get full kits with no time limit.

> > > Oh boo hoo shroud has extra health. Shroud has no defenses! It takes nothing to burst through shroud.

> >

> > This might be relatively obscure, but shroud actually has a 50% damage reduction for direct damage. I wouldn't make comparisons to rev and engineers kits for no reason as they have shortcomings of their own.

>

> The reduction applies to all damage types not just direct.

Pretty sure it doesn't reduce condis

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > > > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > > I find the fact that shroud has LF decay at all to be pointlessly restrictive. The decay should either be 1% or nothing at all. It wouldn't even be overpowered as you lose access to your utility skills. If revenant gets 2 full utility kits, and engineer can swap between full on weapon skill kits...necro should be able to freely use shroud without any time limit on it as those two classes get full kits with no time limit.

> > > > Oh boo hoo shroud has extra health. Shroud has no defenses! It takes nothing to burst through shroud.

> > >

> > > This might be relatively obscure, but shroud actually has a 50% damage reduction for direct damage. I wouldn't make comparisons to rev and engineers kits for no reason as they have shortcomings of their own.

> >

> > The reduction applies to all damage types not just direct.

>

> Pretty sure it doesn't reduce condis

Pretty sure it does since its been tested several times and I just redid the test. Easy to do. Get 100% lf. Self inflict conditions and do the math from there when you enter shroud.

Shroud will half any damage you would take which includes falling damage.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > > > > @"Runiir.6425" said:

> > > > > I find the fact that shroud has LF decay at all to be pointlessly restrictive. The decay should either be 1% or nothing at all. It wouldn't even be overpowered as you lose access to your utility skills. If revenant gets 2 full utility kits, and engineer can swap between full on weapon skill kits...necro should be able to freely use shroud without any time limit on it as those two classes get full kits with no time limit.

> > > > > Oh boo hoo shroud has extra health. Shroud has no defenses! It takes nothing to burst through shroud.

> > > >

> > > > This might be relatively obscure, but shroud actually has a 50% damage reduction for direct damage. I wouldn't make comparisons to rev and engineers kits for no reason as they have shortcomings of their own.

> > >

> > > The reduction applies to all damage types not just direct.

> >

> > Pretty sure it doesn't reduce condis

>

> Pretty sure it does since its been tested several times and I just redid the test. Easy to do. Get 100% lf. Self inflict conditions and do the math from there when you enter shroud.

> Shroud will half any damage you would take which includes falling damage.

Too lazy to test it, I'd take your word for it. This feature of the shroud should really be on the tooltip somewhere though. I am pretty sure a lot of necros do not know shroud has damage reduction at all.