PRX Looking For Server

Bee.9217

Go to Blackgate, ask them to open it up again...

its always been easier to forgive than to forget, but that move they made was both unforgettable and unforgivable,

it happened one night while everybody was sleeping, then the sandman came and brought out their dream

Hush little baby don't say a word never mind that noise you heard It's just the **beast** under your bed

In your closet, in your head -Sandman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"Bee.9217" said:

> > There is not really a better game out there, since GW2 we have played AA and BDO both with pay to win cash shops. With all the faults GW2 does have our guild had some great times in this game, we met lots of people who fought with us and against us.

>

> Its nice to have someone around with that kind of perspective. =)

> Waay too much kitten about the game's perceived imperfections goes on in this subforum.

>

> ~ Kovu

>

I'm a card-carrying grumpy old man

's union rules

PRX would have the most fun imho on #1 choice - SoS or #2 choice - FA. With some more guilds and learning of proper map play in T1, SoS could be competitive with BG in a little while. FA is kind of a collection of crusty/salty old wvwers, but makes for a fun wvw/community environment. That being said...you would be able to harvest the most tears and gain the most QQ if you helped SoS take out BG.

> @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> if you really want to help fix population balance issues dont tell them to go to SOS or FA. go to a server that needs NA like HoD or NSP. also dont forget about queues. SOS probably already queues 2-3 maps a night. FA probably queues 1-2. Could be wrong but just take that in consideration

That would definately help.

Also, be open to new players and doing training. Sounds like PRX has done that before.

> @"zhonnika.1784" said:

> The current state of the stuff:

> BG: been #1 for ages since anet mistakenly opened them and allowed the masses to stack to morbidly obese amounts.

> SoS: Tries, really tries to beat BG. Almost did it. Has TSYM driving the efforts. Needs a cooperative 3rd server to really put the squeeze on BG.

> Everyone else: Does not want T1, will actively compete to avoid it. Since the system change to 1 up 1 down, whoever 'wins' t2 is really the loser of the week since they have to fight in t1.

>

> T2 and T3: Generally full of fights, depending on who's there. CD is fun to fight with guilds like BAN and TAG. TW recently came back to the game on CD as well. Look for CD to make an impact in t2 or t1 esp if they pick up that EU guild from Mag. YB is a good fight, now that they've shed their seige-loving ways for the most part. TC and DB have numbers, but they're not ... that great. JQ has OnS/SF/Flux driving NA, but we're lacking solid off-hours coverage. Mag is mainly driven by their 'cloud' meaning a large group of players that can operate effectively without a commander. Has a few guilds who are a good fight in addition. I'm not really sure on the state of FA, we haven't seen them in a few weeks. T4 is.... a desolate wasteland.

>

> Servers get 'linked' every 2 months. So, the next relink is the end of February. Last relink, every server except BG and JQ received a link. They attempt to link servers so that everyone has generally around the same numbers, tho still less than fatty BG. Server populations are calculated now by player activity, instead of actual numbers of people on the server.

>

> If your goal is truly to get to number one, I'd say go back to SoS if you can work with TSYM, or CD if you want some great fights guilds backing you up. This game is in a very different state from when you guys left, but there's still some fun to be had.

[TAG] is DH so we may lose them in next link

[bAN]- just MEME raids

[TW] is eu/early NA and we spend server meetings going over historical speeches.

CD NA Prime is a giant circus with all the zerg busting rangers bringing out their animals to play and acrobatic zerg busting teefs pogo sticking into the enemy zerg.

If you would like to know more about any server, most have their own discords. Drop by, have your nudes and dick pics ready for evaluation.

> if you guys really want to help fix population balance issues dont tell them to go to SOS or FA. go to a server that needs NA like HoD or NSP. also dont forget about queues. SOS probably already queues 2-3 maps a night. FA probably queues 1-2. Could be wrong but just take that in consideration

This. >3< we need ocx/sea/eu. >3< hod and sbi like ransacking our keeps @.@

Still don't understand how t1 doesn't have the most fights/activity. FA/YB/SOS/MAG all drop down to t2-t3 and sometimes t4. Same pop of players but generates more activity outside of T1 according to wvwstats. Does T1 spend more time playing cat and mouse in the towers vs actually fighting?

For crap sakes. TC has more activity than T1 and they've been gutted.

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> Still don't understand how t1 doesn't have the most fights/activity. FA/YB/SOS/MAG all drop down to t2-t3 and sometimes t4. Same pop of players but generates more activity outside of T1 according to wvwstats. Does T1 spend more time playing cat and mouse in the towers vs actually fighting?

>

> For crap sakes. TC has more activity than T1 and they've been gutted.

BG only talk about fights ,but unless the numbers are superior you will not see them out of towers and keeps on the whole the players are pretty average so there lies the problem

> SOS probably already queues 2-3 maps a night. FA probably queues 1-2.

FA doesn't que anything outside of reset, it sustains its coverage through above par ocx and solid sea.

But yes, stacking the more populated servers would be kind of silly.

~ Kovu

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> Still don't understand how t1 doesn't have the most fights/activity. FA/YB/SOS/MAG all drop down to t2-t3 and sometimes t4. Same pop of players but generates more activity outside of T1 according to wvwstats. Does T1 spend more time playing cat and mouse in the towers vs actually fighting?

>

=) fights and fun in the lower tiers are sweet.

> @"shiri.4257" said:

>

Third server usually takes the week off in T1, or at least after reset and after ticket cap is reached for the week, so the only activity is generally from the other 2 servers, if they're not doing the same. Also, shenanigans like this from the other night happen...two of us from #3 server went to take Necropolis away from #2 server on DBL, our own BL no less, and we popped one of #2's roamers near the tower while on catas. At this point, my partner confessed he's still running his raid build, as we almost lost to the one roamer, but we went back to hitting the tower with the cata. Funny thing, though, my partner casually mentioned that the roamer would probably report our position, and I jokingly commented that the outnumbered buff should then show up soon, and sure enough, it did! While we were still manning the cata and marveling at the coincidental timing of the outnumbered buff, #2 server's map blob pours out of the tower door near our cata and pounds the two of us into the ground...I laughed so hard that I was worthy of that much attention...thanks guys & gals! For 5 minutes of work, the one scout and the two of us died, but no tower changed hands, so there you go...not really much activity to report when stuff like that happens, but the point tick goes on and on, my friends.

> > Nobody on JQ wants to go back to tier one.

> That's a lie. They can't even if they want to. Most, not all, of their regular Commanders have bad attitude and are getting lesser and lesser followers.

JQ knows they don't have the capability to return to T1.

That doesn't mean we would return to T1 if we did have the capability.

Many, many good guilds have transferred onto link servers so the quality of T2/T3/T4 as opponents is no longer that bad.

Tiers don't really matter that much these days with link servers making tiers irrelevant - fights are fun across T2/T3/T4.

Playing BG is never fun - they have the most boring play style - why would we want to go back T1 for that?

Right now the fights are fun and the clear majority of JQ are happy in T2, T3 and T4.

> @"Bee.9217" said:

> PRX is considering coming back to GW2, we played back at launch and are primarily a WvW guild. We would like to go to a server that could use us with the goal at getting to number one.

> If you played with us before and would like to rejoin us for this stop by our forums at www.prx-guild.com .

You probably don't realise this but most servers are actively avoiding Tier 1 because we hate playing Blackgate (not because they're good, but because of their population).

Not sure if you are a PPT or PPK guild but fights are actually better in T2, T3 and T4.

I'd say come to JQ but we're always closed even though we're in T4.

Isn't PRX on JQ? Thought I saw some of you around. If you just returned, you can spare yourselves the pain of finding out on your own how the top (tier 1) has changed since you left. Simply look at some of the comments in this forum. Besides, the link system has changed wvw. But of course, there's only one way to find out to convince yourself aye?

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> Isn't PRX on JQ? Thought I saw some of you around. If you just returned, you can spare yourselves the pain of finding out on your own how the top (tier 1) has changed since you left. Simply look at some of the comments in this forum. Besides, the link system has changed wvw. But of course, there's only one way to find out to convince yourself aye?

Yes, I saw some PRX yesterday and today on JQ.

On topic of JQ, they don't come out to fight unless their blob massively outnumbers the opponents.

That said, I'm yet to see them running a group of say 20-30.

> @"Bee.9217" said:

> PRX is considering coming back to GW2, we played back at launch and are primarily a WvW guild. We would like to go to a server that could use us with the goal at getting to number one.

> If you played with us before and would like to rejoin us for this stop by our forums at www.prx-guild.com .

>

wait wait wait... didn't Ben say he was going to come back to JQ like 2.5 years ago? I recall seeing him on a couple times then *poof* vanished.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> You were a tier 2 server before you all decided to tank, people probably got tired of it and left, doubt the less than a day you finally got managed to open got back enough people to cover those you lost and the more you wanted. You can't even push back into tier 2, well hey good job on that magnificent tank plan I guess.

>

We tanked as we were left with no other option than tanking or quitting the game. This is entirely the fault of the Developers for keeping us manually locked. Even now, laughably, Mag is open and with a link and yet, JQ is closed. A person would have to either be blind or extremely biased to not see this kind of population manipulation by the Dev's as the root cause of WvW's problems. The entire state of WvW's diminishing populations are the fault of the Developers action's and especially, inaction's.

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > Isn't PRX on JQ? Thought I saw some of you around. If you just returned, you can spare yourselves the pain of finding out on your own how the top (tier 1) has changed since you left. Simply look at some of the comments in this forum. Besides, the link system has changed wvw. But of course, there's only one way to find out to convince yourself aye?

>

> Yes, I saw some PRX yesterday and today on JQ.

> On topic of JQ, they don't come out to fight unless their blob massively outnumbers the opponents.

> That said, I'm yet to see them running a group of say 20-30.

Which server are you from?

> @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > You were a tier 2 server before you all decided to tank, people probably got tired of it and left, doubt the less than a day you finally got managed to open got back enough people to cover those you lost and the more you wanted. You can't even push back into tier 2, well hey good job on that magnificent tank plan I guess.

> >

>

> We tanked as we were left with no other option than tanking or quitting the game. This is entirely the fault of the Developers for keeping us manually locked. Even now, laughably, Mag is open and with a link and yet, JQ is closed. A person would have to either be blind or extremely biased to not see this kind of population manipulation by the Dev's as the root cause of WvW's problems. The entire state of WvW's diminishing populations are the fault of the Developers action's and especially, inaction's.

JQ so full it's like my neighbour peter's mom's pants before she takes a huge fart. Or after whichever.

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> JQ so full it's like my neighbour peter's mom's pants before she takes a huge fart. Or after whichever.

Sure we are, as I'm wondering around the ghost town that is OCX. We used to have at least a guild running here. Easily had 40-50 running across the maps. Now I'm like one of three on home bl. That's not even going into what the population used to be before HoT.