Mystic Fordge

Tom.6478

> @"Tom.6478" said:

> Say you put in 4 greens and you get a rare. If you put in the exact 4 greens again, will you get another rare. I'm guessing not, but that's why I ask.

> In other words, are there exact recipes or is just all random?

20% chance of an upgrade, regardless of what you put in.

Learn more at the wiki:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge

Or from in game, `/wiki mystic forge`

If you put in 4 greens, you get something of the same value or better(rare). *4 rares = rare/exotic value. 4 exotics = exotic value.*

Take note that it's possible to get lv75+ exotics even though the 4 exotics you placed is lv80s.*(the generated item only gurantees the value not the level.)*

Placing 4 identical item will give you the same item. *(Eg 4 exotics sword = exotic sword. While X exotic swords* + *Y exotic = random exotic.)*

There are some exact recipes - for example if you put a blue, green and gold rarity salvage kit in with 3 Mystic Forge stones you're guarenteed to get a Mystic Salvage Kit out. There's also several weapons made in the Forge and they have exact recipes.

But combining 4 weapons or 4 armour pieces is random. You're guaranteed to get something of the same rarity or better and close to the same level requirement, but that's it. Oh and you can specify a weapon or armour type by just using that - for example 4 greatswords will always return a greatsword. But that's it.

If you want good results the most important thing to remember is that the item type, rarity and level requirement are the **only** factors that affect the results. It doesn't care what the TP value is, if the item is part of a collection or some other 'set', if it has a unique skin or anything like that. Throwing in 4 precursors, or 4 of the most expensive named exotics will get the exact same results as 4 cheap crafted exotics.

I will also agree more or less that it was luck when you got the yellow item from four greens. Take a general understanding that you'll get roughly a 20% chance of getting one higher (but no higher than Exotic) from the result of your entries.

Also, a key thing to note, is that Mystic Forge Stone is an acquisition from achievement chests, and not only are they a component in Mystic Salvage Kits (basically a 250-use Master's Kit), a mystic forge stone can be used as a wildcard for equipment, and acts like a Lv.80 when it comes to calculating the output. So instead of 4x rare armor, you can use 3x rare armor + forge stone -- and you'll get a rare with a slight chance of instead an exotic.

As far as other things go: there are certain items you cannot reroll simply for the fact they're already best tier. You can reroll four sigils or four runes of minor or major quality, with a slight chance of getting a major or superior, respectively -- but you cannot roll superior runes/sigils.

Check this Wiki article for much more information on what you can do, generally, with the Mystic Forge.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> Take note that it's possible to get lv75+ exotics even though the 4 exotics you placed is lv80s.*(the generated item only gurantees the value not the level.)*

I learned this to my dismay. I'm outfitting with ascended gear, but I expected to at least get something decent for 4 of my lvl 80 exotics. I got lvl 76 exotic gloves worth 55 silver. Ugh.