Mounted/Aerial Combat --- Who wants it?

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> if it needs the griffon it means locking out a huge portion of the player base, bad idea.

Obviously, you didn't read my post.

I clearly addressed the fact that not everyone would have every mount available, but would be able to rent a mount for a period of time. This would allow everyone to enjoy the game without having to unlock every mount.

I find it interesting (or not) the number of people who say they wouldn't use/try mounted combat if available. While it is not exactly the same, in certain ways it mirrors the sentiments of people toward mounts in general before PoF officially rolled out; "Mounts are going to ruin the game," "Keep them in PoF areas only," or, even after the roll-out, "Make JPs a mount-free zone, you shouldn't be able to use a mount to by-pass the hard parts."

ANET has given us a great tool to play around with and explore the world. It's a natural progression to want to stay mounted in combat and move for better position. Even gliding has limited combat abilities added in the Bloodstone Fens.

Doesnt really interest me, but as long as mount combat options were kept significantly weaker than all unmounted combat builds it might be OK. Make mounted combat the equivalent of using of racial elite skills, underpowered but fun for those desiring an extra bit of theme for their character.