Gratz Anet! You made it to top 10 in 2017!

Swagger.1459

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > This also should close all discussions about new rng ...boxes - game doesn't need them as it's making enough money already.

> > > > > It wouldn't show that, since they are part of the current revenue stream. Even if the data is accurate (and there's reason to believe it isn't or that it's out of context), we don't know (from this source) how much of the money comes from Mountfits, how much from BL Keys, how much from other gem shop items, how much from sales of the game, how much from transfers, etc.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You are correct, we don't know this, but that's not what I'm talking about in the quoted part. I mean that when Anet introduces new RNG ... box like mount licenses, noone can say game isn't making enough profit already or that we **need** such practices to feed anet.

> > >

> > > No, we can't say that because we don't know how much profit ANet makes with RNG items in the gem shop. And we can't say if the other methods are sustainable enough to continue making the same amount of money. What if 1% of the revenue came from the 2k Mountfits and 5% came from selling BL keys since Statuettes were introduced? Having data on total revenues tells us nothing about the source; we can draw no conclusions other than, "dang, that's a lot of money."

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We can say that what they generate now is enough if those numbers are close to being correct. So again, what I said is people can no longer justify **new** rng scams saying that anet is starving.

>

> We cannot say that the items generating the current, or recent past, levels of income will continue to do so.

We are talking about skins and QoL stuff. If they keep providing them, people keep paying for them. Monetized build templates are one of gold mines anet has yet to discover.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > This also should close all discussions about new rng ...boxes - game doesn't need them as it's making enough money already.

> > > > > > It wouldn't show that, since they are part of the current revenue stream. Even if the data is accurate (and there's reason to believe it isn't or that it's out of context), we don't know (from this source) how much of the money comes from Mountfits, how much from BL Keys, how much from other gem shop items, how much from sales of the game, how much from transfers, etc.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You are correct, we don't know this, but that's not what I'm talking about in the quoted part. I mean that when Anet introduces new RNG ... box like mount licenses, noone can say game isn't making enough profit already or that we **need** such practices to feed anet.

> > > >

> > > > No, we can't say that because we don't know how much profit ANet makes with RNG items in the gem shop. And we can't say if the other methods are sustainable enough to continue making the same amount of money. What if 1% of the revenue came from the 2k Mountfits and 5% came from selling BL keys since Statuettes were introduced? Having data on total revenues tells us nothing about the source; we can draw no conclusions other than, "dang, that's a lot of money."

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > We can say that what they generate now is enough if those numbers are close to being correct. So again, what I said is people can no longer justify **new** rng scams saying that anet is starving.

> >

> > We cannot say that the items generating the current, or recent past, levels of income will continue to do so.

>

> We are talking about skins and QoL stuff. If they keep providing them, people keep paying for them. Monetized build templates are one of gold mines anet has yet to discover.

Ahh, I thought you meant no more RNG, or high priced mounts. Sorry. I just meant that we cannot expect current mount skin offerings to continue to generate the same level of revenue because no one will buy duplicates of the same skin.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > This also should close all discussions about new rng ...boxes - game doesn't need them as it's making enough money already.

> > > > > > > It wouldn't show that, since they are part of the current revenue stream. Even if the data is accurate (and there's reason to believe it isn't or that it's out of context), we don't know (from this source) how much of the money comes from Mountfits, how much from BL Keys, how much from other gem shop items, how much from sales of the game, how much from transfers, etc.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are correct, we don't know this, but that's not what I'm talking about in the quoted part. I mean that when Anet introduces new RNG ... box like mount licenses, noone can say game isn't making enough profit already or that we **need** such practices to feed anet.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, we can't say that because we don't know how much profit ANet makes with RNG items in the gem shop. And we can't say if the other methods are sustainable enough to continue making the same amount of money. What if 1% of the revenue came from the 2k Mountfits and 5% came from selling BL keys since Statuettes were introduced? Having data on total revenues tells us nothing about the source; we can draw no conclusions other than, "dang, that's a lot of money."

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > We can say that what they generate now is enough if those numbers are close to being correct. So again, what I said is people can no longer justify **new** rng scams saying that anet is starving.

> > >

> > > We cannot say that the items generating the current, or recent past, levels of income will continue to do so.

> >

> > We are talking about skins and QoL stuff. If they keep providing them, people keep paying for them. Monetized build templates are one of gold mines anet has yet to discover.

>

> Ahh, I thought you meant no more RNG, or high priced mounts. Sorry. I just meant that we cannot expect current mount skin offerings to continue to generate the same level of revenue because no one will buy duplicates of the same skin.

Well yea, we need new skins and new stuff in BLCs, BUT we don't need new RNG mechanics in addition to current ones.