Aurene Mount When, Arenanet?

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @"Kururu.8140" said:

> > A dragon-themed mount? Yes. Specifically Aurene? Not outside a story instance. Aurene is one of two scions of Glint, it wouldn't be right to have thousands of Aurene's flying around. She's one of a kind and should stay that way.

>

> There is also one "Commander", yet technically speaking they are everywhere.

That's completely different. Other players are not NPC's and 'Commander' is merely a title.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kururu.8140" said:

> > @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > > @"Kururu.8140" said:

> > > A dragon-themed mount? Yes. Specifically Aurene? Not outside a story instance. Aurene is one of two scions of Glint, it wouldn't be right to have thousands of Aurene's flying around. She's one of a kind and should stay that way.

> >

> > There is also one "Commander", yet technically speaking they are everywhere.

>

> That's completely different. Other players are not NPC's and 'Commander' is merely a title.

How is it different though? Technically speaking there was only one commander of the pact, and there is one leader of Dragon's Watch from a lore perspective, just like there is one Aurene. Whether they are an NPC or a player character representing that role still doesn't change it. You also have legendaries, such as Chuka and Champawat, or unique weapons like Caladbolg, the likes of which have a specific story and story characters tied to them and should technically be one of a kind, yet you see multiple player characters walking around with them.

Anyway, I'm personally in two minds about an Aurene mount. On the one hand I'd like it, but on the other I do think it might be a bit odd. That being said, I don't think that her being a unique character is a reason enough on its own to say it can't/won't happen. Hell, it would actually be an interesting turn of events if Aurene ended up being the first mount skin we could end up acquiring in game, as a rare mount option, tied into story achievements and the like. That being said, if it didn't happen it also wouldn't' surprise me.

• 3 months later...

From a plot standpoint it's much more likely Aurene to get a Commander mount than the other way around, since the PC gets most of their power from Aurene and the bond they share.

Commander = Monkey

Aurene = Mozart

_-Josephus Miller, The Expanse S3 Finale_ :lol:

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> The "Aurene is unique" argument falls flat because there's millions of commanders running around breaking immersion.

wow...

mmorpg logic is such a fragile balloon, isn't it?

I'm afraid if that argument falls flat, your argument must be a bottomless canyon.

You, the player, are the commander. All the people you see around you are 'adventurers'.

By that logic, we can just start throwing everything around because apparantly 'uniquity' doesn't matter

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @"Kururu.8140" said:

> > A dragon-themed mount? Yes. Specifically Aurene? Not outside a story instance. Aurene is one of two scions of Glint, it wouldn't be right to have thousands of Aurene's flying around. She's one of a kind and should stay that way.

>

> There is also one "Commander", yet technically speaking they are everywhere.

yes, and that is bad enough.