The natural food for Asura?

DoctorOverlord.8620

> @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> Well, the mushroom-people we see in HoT aren't going to be the only fungi around. There are various non-sentient mushrooms that we harvest in-game, and Guild Wars 1 had the Fungal Blooms and similar enemies (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Fungal_Bloom) which are probably _not_ intelligent.

True, although I wonder if primitive asura would have cared about whether their food supply was intelligent when they were fighting for survival. Nowadays they have their unique ethical standards (and sense of aesthetics), but what were they like back then? I think "terrifying" would probably be an appropriate adjective :)

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> Have you seen an Asura's teeth? I'm pretty sure there aren't any molars on there, so it's safe to assume they primarily ate meat. Given that they lived underground, I would hazard a guess that their diet consisted mostly of subterranean fish ~~or dwarfs~~.

What did the German interview say - "survived with fungus and_ all sorts of things_." Yipes, I never considered dwarves.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> I'm going to say what nobody else wants to admit.

>

> Early Asuran tribes held IQ tests, and celebrated the winners by barbecuing the lowest-scoring individual.

Okay, now **that** is absolutely horrifying in its plausibility....

Excelsior.

We have shark teeth because we need them to tear apart cave funghi.

That's what some aNet guy said in like 2012 before release during an interview. I can get you the actual quote if required, but that PDF is stored on my tablet and not right at my hands while typing this.

EDIT: Alrighty, that's what happens when you scroll down a few responses, type something and then read the thread from the bottom to the top. Ehh.

At least I know that guy's name now. Will forget later I guess.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> whatever asura eat, it makes their offspring extra tasty. Now... could someone please show me the way to the Rata Sum Nursery? I feel a bit peckish.

of coarse. follow me this way =D

*points down corridor labeled "Inquest Test Subject Volunteers" *

(and people wonder how we Inquest get so many Volunteers.....hell all i had to do was tell the Charr i'd make him bigger and he was perfectly happy.....even if i didn't tell him i ment bigger in that i'm grafting golem appendages on him. he's bigger like i promised.........but one of those appendages was somethign he liked.....needless to say he wont be reproducing....needed space for the zap gun)

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > whatever asura eat, it makes their offspring extra tasty. Now... could someone please show me the way to the Rata Sum Nursery? I feel a bit peckish.

>

> of coarse. follow me this way =D

>

> *points down corridor labeled "Inquest Test Subject Volunteers" *

>

> (and people wonder how we Inquest get so many Volunteers.....hell all i had to do was tell the Charr i'd make him bigger and he was perfectly happy.....even if i didn't tell him i ment bigger in that i'm grafting golem appendages on him. he's bigger like i promised.........but one of those appendages was somethign he liked.....needless to say he wont be reproducing....needed space for the zap gun)

So that's how the Molten Berserker got those cybernetic parts!

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > whatever asura eat, it makes their offspring extra tasty. Now... could someone please show me the way to the Rata Sum Nursery? I feel a bit peckish.

> >

> > of coarse. follow me this way =D

> >

> > *points down corridor labeled "Inquest Test Subject Volunteers" *

> >

> > (and people wonder how we Inquest get so many Volunteers.....hell all i had to do was tell the Charr i'd make him bigger and he was perfectly happy.....even if i didn't tell him i ment bigger in that i'm grafting golem appendages on him. he's bigger like i promised.........but one of those appendages was somethign he liked.....needless to say he wont be reproducing....needed space for the zap gun)

>

> So that's how the Molten Berserker got those cybernetic parts!

....thats what you call him now?

if you see him, tell him i forgot the bolt for his cerebral interface...so he'll be unable to speak properly until i put it back in

Easy. Asuran are probably in age up there with the Mursaat; where do you think they went? mmmm Come to think of it; there are not very many children outside the protection of main cities or near cave entrances either. Definitely meat eaters with those pointy teeth; though the occasional Sylvari salad after experiments concluded was probably on the plate too.

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > > whatever asura eat, it makes their offspring extra tasty. Now... could someone please show me the way to the Rata Sum Nursery? I feel a bit peckish.

> > >

> > > of coarse. follow me this way =D

> > >

> > > *points down corridor labeled "Inquest Test Subject Volunteers" *

> > >

> > > (and people wonder how we Inquest get so many Volunteers.....hell all i had to do was tell the Charr i'd make him bigger and he was perfectly happy.....even if i didn't tell him i ment bigger in that i'm grafting golem appendages on him. he's bigger like i promised.........but one of those appendages was somethign he liked.....needless to say he wont be reproducing....needed space for the zap gun)

> >

> > So that's how the Molten Berserker got those cybernetic parts!

>

> ....thats what you call him now?

>

> if you see him, tell him i forgot the bolt for his cerebral interface...so he'll be unable to speak properly until i put it back in

Don't worry, he found a way to speak in the Mists. But only when his life partner pisses him off by being weak.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> Asura teeth look like the teeth of insect eating mammals (like hedgehogs or moles). So I always assumed them to be naturally insectivores.

>

That is a very good point! I had not thought about hedgehogs. Even though the fungi is the official lore on their food, they are stated to be omnivores too so grubs must have been part of their diet.

I wonder if there are modern nutritionist asura who are promoting a move away from processed and foreign surface food and a return to a healthier fungus/grub based diet (sort of their equivalent of Paleo eating lol)

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> >

> > if you see him, tell him i forgot the bolt for his cerebral interface...so he'll be unable to speak properly until i put it back in

>

> Don't worry, he found a way to speak in the Mists. But only when his life partner pisses him off by being weak.

Thanks for that little scene, it was great :)