Slow Pace affecting players enjoyment

chatiss.3281

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> I've been logging in pretty much every day for a little over two years on my two accounts. A couple nights ago, I logged in, did my dailies, farmed my home instance, hit all the other farming tasks, chatted with some guildies, and then logged off and went and read a book for a couple of hours until I went to bed. The following evening I logged in, hit my dailies and my farm spots...and found myself refreshed and went and helped with some HP's in HoT for a couple of hours. Taking that evening off to go read a little sci-fi was the right thing to do, and let me come back to the game and have fun.

>

> Another piece of advice, if you don't have one, create an account over at gw2efficiency and plug in your API key. Then go look at the achievements list under your account. Find some achievements that you're only one or two (or 4) things from finishing. Go chase down those achievement points. It's not all about the content, but about finding, or setting, and working towards a goal. Find your goal and go get it...just remember to kill everything you come across as you go after it! :)

Yes I do have an account there. Probably should use it more. The first part of you response is precisely why some how we need to have more excitement .. more complex things to accomplish that do not, repeat, do not cost gems, dollars, yen, pesos, bitcoin or any other currencies.

Thank for that insight. Cheers

> @"chatiss.3281" said:

> > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > I've been logging in pretty much every day for a little over two years on my two accounts. A couple nights ago, I logged in, did my dailies, farmed my home instance, hit all the other farming tasks, chatted with some guildies, and then logged off and went and read a book for a couple of hours until I went to bed. The following evening I logged in, hit my dailies and my farm spots...and found myself refreshed and went and helped with some HP's in HoT for a couple of hours. Taking that evening off to go read a little sci-fi was the right thing to do, and let me come back to the game and have fun.

> >

> > Another piece of advice, if you don't have one, create an account over at gw2efficiency and plug in your API key. Then go look at the achievements list under your account. Find some achievements that you're only one or two (or 4) things from finishing. Go chase down those achievement points. It's not all about the content, but about finding, or setting, and working towards a goal. Find your goal and go get it...just remember to kill everything you come across as you go after it! :)

>

> Yes I do have an account there. Probably should use it more. The first part of you response is precisely why some how we need to have more excitement .. more complex things to accomplish that do not, repeat, do not cost gems, dollars, yen, pesos, bitcoin or any other currencies.

> Thank for that insight. Cheers

>

We do have that its called challenge mode fractals and raids.

Dont cost any real world currency just find 9 others and start to experience the complex bosses. ( since they are complex you wont win right away you have to practice.)

> @"chatiss.3281" said:

> > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > Another piece of advice, if you don't have one, create an account over at gw2efficiency and plug in your API key. Then go look at the achievements list under your account. Find some achievements that you're only one or two (or 4) things from finishing. Go chase down those achievement points. It's not all about the content, but about finding, or setting, and working towards a goal. Find your goal and go get it...just remember to kill everything you come across as you go after it! :)

>

RAB Guild has our own Achievements List using API on our website: rab.rickbrodeur.com

I think you will need to diversify your gameplay a bit more. Did you do world completion? Maxed crafting professions? Completed all dungeons? Fractals? Raids?

Do you have dragon rank on PvP? Silver rank on WvW? Titles? Collections? Achievement rank?

Tried a new character with a different profession, race and story path?

Not all game types likely match your style of playing, but there surely is so much more than just the story and the open world maps.

Personally I feel the cadence is a little _too_ fast. As it is now I feel a little rushed trying to get things done in each new map on top of getting things done in other areas. (I realize that I'm an anomaly here)

I do log on every night and I farm, craft, try to get an elusive achievement done, level characters, RP, get a dungeon or fractal done, work on that legendary. Not all of these are done on the same night, mind you, but I guess my point is that I'm constantly busy. It boggles my mind when people say they are bored and have nothing to do, when in my personal experience, there are a zillion things to do.

I very much doubt that the release schedule could be improved upon in any meaningful way. It took four years for GW2 to get to a decent release schedule that provides lasting content. It took some major internal restructuring. You personally might exhaust it, but that isn't a measuring stick, judging by how populated many of the LS4 maps are.

Can you cite a game with a buy to play model that provides a better cadence of free content? I would also like to hear if you have other constructive arguments apart from personal anecdotes and opinions, since they are a very poor basis to determine whether Anet's release schedule is actually slow, as you claim.

As for the "updates too slow", I have exactly opposite experience.

I started playing in February last year. I tried multiple characters, picked one and ran the basic story line with her. So far so good. Then the LS2 story line, that took some time too. The HoT and I could **slowly** start unlocking my first elite spec. But along that time, when I struggled through all that, there was already LS3 in progress and everyone was talking about things I didn't understand. OK, it's a new content, fair enough... When I started LS3, I felt so overwhelmed by the backlog of story and character progress, which I needed to get to the current "state of the game", I just took few months break from playing.

I returned some time after PoF was released, got a raptor and... guess what... (please, this is not meant as complaining, I'm just trying to describe my point of view)

Of course I understand, that people, who play the game for 5 years (or so) have no trouble to keep up with the game's updates. But as someone (relatively) new, I feel flooded with content, that I have no idea what to do with.

(Which might have something to do with the fact, that I'm super slow person and incredibly bad player in general. If that's the case, fair enough.)