Thief Balance Patch Notes

arenta.2953

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"reddie.5861" said:

> > > > thief got nothing unless ur going into PvE mode, even a nerf would make me more happier then the "balance" patch i just saw..

> > > >

> > > > thief is so beyond kitten nowadays compare to other classes, yes we can still kill etc. but we have to be FAR FAR more aware of situation compare to most other toons out there that just go like yolo and run tru everything.

> > >

> > > Eh, maybe if you're D/P or P/D. But Thieves can YOLO pretty effectively as S/D, Rifle and Staff. Sure it's not as brainless as SpellBreaker, but I wouldn't say we need to be FAR more aware...

> >

> > eh....i wouldn't say you can yolo with a rifle.

> >

> > because you gotta kneel for the full dmg, and for that its best to have some distance.

> >

> >

> > then again....yolo doesn't imply success xD

>

> With Rifle I mean just running and spamming mark/2/3. Not leaping into the fray like a holosmith. With SS, Withdraw, RFI, and Shadow Meld we've got some great avoidance when someone notices us pew pewing their beloved Firebrands and Scourges.

true...but without stability you always gotta be a bit cautious as it can quickly go to crap xD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you're fingers are used to Kneel it's not much more awkward than something like Flanking Strike ->Larcenous Strike. 18.5k health feels about right, 19k should let you bounce in and out of most sized fights if you want a little buffer. Shadow Retreat becomes more natural than walking in WvW since you're traveling with it a lot aside from climbing shortcuts and positioning and the other rifle skills I think garner some appreciation through use if you're not cool with all of them at first. I know thieves generally trash Cursed Bullet but if you have a few sources of stealth to stagger through it's a nice side strike to connect right around when you're main opener arrives but it also lands a bit more reliably than other skills. Doesn't hurt to launch those Cursed Bullets if you're not immediately in an engage. Yolo away.

> @"kash.9213" said:

> Once you're fingers are used to Kneel it's not much more awkward than something like Flanking Strike ->Larcenous Strike. 18.5k health feels about right, 19k should let you bounce in and out of most sized fights if you want a little buffer. Shadow Retreat becomes more natural than walking in WvW since you're traveling with it a lot aside from climbing shortcuts and positioning and the other rifle skills I think garner some appreciation through use if you're not cool with all of them at first. I know thieves generally trash Cursed Bullet but if you have a few sources of stealth to stagger through it's a nice side strike to connect right around when you're main opener arrives but it also lands a bit more reliably than other skills. Doesn't hurt to launch those Cursed Bullets if you're not immediately in an engage. Yolo away.

18-19k health is not yolo. Try again m8.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"reddie.5861" said:

> > thief got nothing unless ur going into PvE mode, even a nerf would make me more happier then the "balance" patch i just saw..

> >

> > thief is so beyond kitten nowadays compare to other classes, yes we can still kill etc. but we have to be FAR FAR more aware of situation compare to most other toons out there that just go like yolo and run tru everything.

>

> Eh, maybe if you're D/P or P/D. But Thieves can YOLO pretty effectively as S/D, Rifle and Staff. Sure it's not as brainless as SpellBreaker, but I wouldn't say we need to be FAR more aware...

its just that other classes get far better boost etc then we did daredevil basically got a extra dodge, Deadeye got nothing in my eyes.

while other classes poop out boons or 100's of conditions not having to care much about their surroundings etc.

ofcourse i can do it on my thief also but it just lacks stuff from my point of view, yes i still love thief over all other classes but saying thief is on par with the rest of classes out there i would say nope. then again people will say but we arent suppose to be on par with everything, yes correct but if i take WvW we arent exactly the fastest class, neither the one with tons of stealths anymore nor we are the ones with most dmg out there.

over the patches in my eyes thief has lost its identity a little bit.

havent gone to raid recently on my thief, last time Thief were looked at with resentment in raids for their only contribution being dps and nothing else. do you guys consider this new steal skills will eventually earn thieves a solid spot on a raid team or at the very least allowed them to take a dps slot without the raid leader asking them to switch to another class?

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"kash.9213" said:

> > Once you're fingers are used to Kneel it's not much more awkward than something like Flanking Strike ->Larcenous Strike. 18.5k health feels about right, 19k should let you bounce in and out of most sized fights if you want a little buffer. Shadow Retreat becomes more natural than walking in WvW since you're traveling with it a lot aside from climbing shortcuts and positioning and the other rifle skills I think garner some appreciation through use if you're not cool with all of them at first. I know thieves generally trash Cursed Bullet but if you have a few sources of stealth to stagger through it's a nice side strike to connect right around when you're main opener arrives but it also lands a bit more reliably than other skills. Doesn't hurt to launch those Cursed Bullets if you're not immediately in an engage. Yolo away.

>

> 18-19k health is not yolo. Try again m8.

How much health are you lugging around out there? You probably don't need as much especially with your knowledge and experience with thief. Food, structure, and group buffs will have you around 20k most of the time you're on the move, much more than that might be too much.

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> Am I missing something? Im in WvW and I just tried seeing if malice stacks would stay after both:

>

> Using mercy at full stacks, on same target (Malice stack refreshed)

> And

> Marking target, and waiting for malice timer to run out. (Malice stacks refreshed)

>

> Also on the Mark tool tip, it does not say anything about Malice remaining?, did they not update tool tip

To keep malice stacks, you have to recast mark on marked target before it expires. If i recall correctly, Mark duration is now 30s and cd is 25s. No need to use mercy. I guess devs didn't think anyone would use mercy to remark same target after this change :P

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> I no longer feel like I am forced to commit into a bad situation in WvW thanks to the malice changes! I can just follow them around while they nervously shuffle. Death is patient. Death comes on swift wings. And death... always gets the last laugh you bastards.

Yup, that's a good change.

Unless they decide it's too much, roll it back and add some nerfs for good measure, but time will tell :d