Vampiric Presence

Methuselah.4376

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think an ICD is needed to offset some abilites with gr8 aoe/attack speed. so this aura would be too strong in some scenarios... however the base heal and dmg has to get buffed by a factor, mb 2 or 3 times what it is now? and i abosultely dont like the healing power scaling.. esp. for pvp/wvw u dont have room for it to get healing power stats.

One of the other problems with this trait is that it has a split scaling. It should scale exclusively with healing power on both ends. The split makes it awkward to use on top of its new internal cool down with the split scaling all of its previous problems are just compounded.

What they need to do is make it scale exclusively with healing power, remove the icd, and make its investment to healing power change its damage and healing dramatically. Without any healing investment with the 150 you get from blood it should he hitting for about 30. But if you spec over 1000 for healing it should break 100. Been saying this for years. And I'll keep saying it. And if it proves too good and only then it should get a cool down but based on per target and at a bare minimum 3 strikes per target per second.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> One of the other problems with this trait is that it has a split scaling. It should scale exclusively with healing power on both ends. The split makes it awkward to use on top of its new internal cool down with the split scaling all of its previous problems are just compounded.

No it absolutely should not under any circumstances scale entirely with healing power. That would totally kill the trait because there is no necro build that will ever use healing power.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > so while you're fully buffed i expect this buff to produce around 2k bonus dps for a subsquad. Given that power reaper benchmark is at around 27.5-28k dps, that gain is still useless and would be better to take another class. please remove the internal cooldown.

> >

> > Edit: i forgot alacrity is nerfed so the benchmark will be lower.

> >

> > edit: yup its 27k

>

> With 3.9k power its around 155-160 dmg.

>

> So 320 per second which leads to 1600 dps increase for your subsquad.

>

> But: noone takes power necros with them in raids. You loose like 2k dps if you play power reaper with spite and bloodmagic instead of spite and soulreaping. So overall its a dps loss for the group. And it even gets worse, cause you wont be playing epi.

>

> And for scourge its an even bigger dmg loss to play bloodmagic.

> So lets throw necro healer in the pot.

>

> Scourge heal support has a big problem:

> First condiremove was nerfed this patch. Thats in pve a 1 condition removed for almost 2k lifeforce. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE

> The second thing: other healers are better healers. And necro would need: power (to make vampiric presence an actual good dps increase for his group)

> Vitality: to get more and easy access to lifeforce

> Concentration. To get the might going.

> And healpower. At least 1500 to make a 6k barrier with healskill-use (maximum what is worth to not overbarrier a guard or ele)

>

> Now you could say, concentration is not needed, because there is druid who is giving might to the whole team. Well then. You dont need a scourge in second group then, cause just solo standing, revenant is the best healer in the game. And it can give permanent alacrity.

>

> Problem: there are no stats such as +120power +120healpower +70 vitality.

>

> So right now:

>

> - healsupport necro is useless cause there are better healers/supporters

> - power reaper is useless, cause there are better dmg dealers

> - condireaper/condiscourge is useless at most raidbosses cause there are better dmg dealers, only epi makes them viable

>

> I even tried is as a tank, but its useless as well, cause we have no good dmg mitigation

Now I have a question.

Do you play this game or do you just post on the forums?

Blood magic gives 150-450 heal power for free. So offstat HP is fine.

Zealots gives power, crit, hp making for an interesting power dps "barrier healer" add rune of water and your healskill heals allies. Shroud 4 on scourge has a short cd and heals both around you and your shades.

Harrier gives conc, power, and hp. Meaning your might would be fantastic. You can upkeep 25 with one button in theory. In practice you need 2-3.

Soul reaping gives 50% crit while in shroud; artificially bolstering your dps.

In practice Ive gotten my power harrier scourge to 7-8k dps. Surpringly high for a healer, right? Add the 2k dps from VA and thats 10k added by a support necro.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Murdock.6547" said:

> > Shroud 4 on scourge has a short cd and heals both around you and your shades.

> Just around you, I'm afraid. Transfusion does not pulse around your shades.

Is that so?

Ill have to properly test if thats the case. Ill report my findings when I get home. I am certain it does, but only one way to be sure.

> @"Murdock.6547" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Murdock.6547" said:

> > > Shroud 4 on scourge has a short cd and heals both around you and your shades.

> > Just around you, I'm afraid. Transfusion does not pulse around your shades.

>

> Is that so?

> Ill have to properly test if thats the case. Ill report my findings when I get home. I am certain it does, but only one way to be sure.

I tested it during PoF beta. Had a buddy fighting one of the NPC's in heart of the mists and placed a shade on him at max range (900), then used F4 with Transfusion traited. He got no healing and, when downed, did not teleport.

> @"JustDemons.4358" said:

> think an ICD is needed to offset some abilites with gr8 aoe/attack speed. so this aura would be too strong in some scenarios... however the base heal and dmg has to get buffed by a factor, mb 2 or 3 times what it is now? and i abosultely dont like the healing power scaling.. esp. for pvp/wvw u dont have room for it to get healing power stats.

For wvw its pretty easy. Im running around with 1.8k condidmg, 30% duration, and 1k healpower, 24k health,3.1k armor. But it still only does like 65 healing per hit or so

> @"Murdock.6547" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Murdock.6547" said:

> > > Shroud 4 on scourge has a short cd and heals both around you and your shades.

> > Just around you, I'm afraid. Transfusion does not pulse around your shades.

>

> Is that so?

> Ill have to properly test if thats the case. Ill report my findings when I get home. I am certain it does, but only one way to be sure.

Its definetly only around you.

And its bugged af. Most of the times people dont get pulled in big zergs in wvw. And to add, they even want to increase cd of f4 on scourge. Same for f5. So i guess, support scourge will die. Or maybe finally celestial is a thing after that nerf

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like the best way to deal with Siphon type effects would be to instead make the healing portion go into a pool, that is then used up at a fixed rate during combat, becoming a variation of Regen.

Basically, every hit has no ICD on generating the "Heal" resource, and it is dumped into a pool that heals characters up to, say, 50 + Necro's Healing Power * .1, taking that much out of the pool. So even if you have a huge, multi target attack that would generate stupid amounts of healing (before this change), it instead is granted to you over time as Regen, allowing Anet to balance how much max healing is done per second. No need to worry about ICD's anymore.

Similarly, the damage portion could be generated over time as well, so even if the characters aren't using it actively, they can either burst out a bunch or use it slowly over time.

> @"Kiroshima.8497" said:

> I feel like the best way to deal with Siphon type effects would be to instead make the healing portion go into a pool, that is then used up at a fixed rate during combat, becoming a variation of Regen.

>

> Basically, every hit has no ICD on generating the "Heal" resource, and it is dumped into a pool that heals characters up to, say, 50 + Necro's Healing Power * .1, taking that much out of the pool. So even if you have a huge, multi target attack that would generate stupid amounts of healing (before this change), it instead is granted to you over time as Regen, allowing Anet to balance how much max healing is done per second. No need to worry about ICD's anymore.

>

> Similarly, the damage portion could be generated over time as well, so even if the characters aren't using it actively, they can either burst out a bunch or use it slowly over time.

Most of the life steal type passive traits should probably be rebalanced that way.

Had that thought on a Vampire type elite spec for revenant,

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29809/elite-specialization-mragga#latest

and it was how to balance life stealing damage with sustain. Solution was set the life steal damage to appropriate damage values and just cap the amount healed per second from aoe/dot life stealing sources to their own appropriate levels.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> Why break what didn't need fixing at all?

Because people kept complaining that Necros unique party effect was very lackluster and needed buffing for pve scenarios. Unfortunately, Anet is fearful of life stealing and thus has always kept it underpowered.