Druid slipps through the patch and will now be the new scourge

Flauvious.6195

You guys forgot to nerf druid. Druid was as dominant as scourge, holo, mirage and fb, if not more so, but it didn't get any nerfs. This is the most satisfied with a patch I've been in awhile, the one thing leaving a sour taste is how the meta now will be a snoozefest of druids endlessly healing on points.

Personally I think the nerfs should be directed at staff and ca generation. Staff is what turns druid from a tanky sustain spec to an unkillable god. It's the most brainless weapon to use and the aa through pet generates ca so quickly. Nerf the self sustain on staff and ca generation in pvp. If this doesn't get hotfixed get ready for a long boring sustain fest meta.

Spellbreaker is stronger than ever now that Scourge isn't its bane anymore.

Druid of course will be even worse now!!

Mesmer (Weaver??) will potentially be an underdog.

Others cannt really say as I don't really play them...

...But watch out for Deadeyes... their Malice won't disappear anymore.

Most people were expecting this balance patch to make everything worse, myself included. I will take a thoughtful attempt at balance that does not address a specific bunker build.

> @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> Druid was as dominant as scourge, holo, mirage and fb, if not more so, but it didn't get any nerfs.

It was not more so. We can deal with the bunker for now. At least it's not point denial by death.

> @"Abelisk.4527" said:

> Spellbreaker is stronger than ever now that Scourge isn't its bane anymore.

>

> Druid of course will be even worse now!!

>

> Mesmer (Weaver??) will potentially be an underdog.

>

> Others cannt really say as I don't really play them...

>

> ...But watch out for Deadeyes... their Malice won't disappear anymore.

I feel like a few power mes build variants are gonna be the underdog of the seasons other half. Especially, with the line between phantasm and shatter play meshing together to make power more cohesive in general.

> @"Julius Seizure.4985" said:

> No, Druid is supposed to be able to 1v3 harass a node, have superior sustain, mobility, disengage, heal and damage. It was also in a bad spot because this one class called Spellbreaker could force a decap after 30 seconds.

>

> (I don’t think these guys are playing PvP at this point.)

Still can , just get bers amulet , druid cant even be on node for more then 5 sec

> You guys forgot to nerf druid. Druid was as dominant as scourge, holo, mirage and fb, if not more so, but it didn't get any nerfs. This is the most satisfied with a patch I've been in awhile, the one thing leaving a sour taste is how the meta now will be a snoozefest of druids endlessly healing on points.

>

> Personally I think the nerfs should be directed at staff and ca generation. Staff is what turns druid from a tanky sustain spec to an unkillable god. It's the most brainless weapon to use and the aa through pet generates ca so quickly. Nerf the self sustain on staff and ca generation in pvp. If this doesn't get hotfixed get ready for a long boring sustain fest meta.

Staff isn't the problem lol. It doesn't do anything except generate CA. Even then, we can get more than enough through traits/boons/runes.

Remove some of the healing from CA skills and replace them with more interesting mechanics.

1. Turn CA 1 into a damage skill.

2. Turn CA 2 into a straight condi cleanse.

3. Leave CA 3 alone.

4. CA 4 should drop a mobile water field, remove the pulsing healing.

5. CA 5 should be mobile.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > You guys forgot to nerf druid. Druid was as dominant as scourge, holo, mirage and fb, if not more so, but it didn't get any nerfs. This is the most satisfied with a patch I've been in awhile, the one thing leaving a sour taste is how the meta now will be a snoozefest of druids endlessly healing on points.

> >

> > Personally I think the nerfs should be directed at staff and ca generation. Staff is what turns druid from a tanky sustain spec to an unkillable god. It's the most brainless weapon to use and the aa through pet generates ca so quickly. Nerf the self sustain on staff and ca generation in pvp. If this doesn't get hotfixed get ready for a long boring sustain fest meta.

>

> Staff isn't the problem lol. It doesn't do anything except generate CA. Even then, we can get more than enough through traits/boons/runes.

>

> Remove some of the healing from CA skills and replace them with more interesting mechanics.

>

> 1. Turn CA 1 into a damage skill.

> 2. Turn CA 2 into a straight condi cleanse.

> 3. Leave CA 3 alone.

> 4. CA 4 should drop a mobile water field, remove the pulsing healing.

> 5. CA 5 should be mobile.

It gives you a bunch of additional healing. CA healing is already a ton considering how fast you fill the bar. When you add staff on top of it it's just unkillable for most classes. I thought druid was supposed to be a support spec, but people mostly just use it to bunker a point and force multiple opponents to come kick them off. So nerf it's self heals while leaving it's ally heals intact.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> CA healing needs to get nerfed, or the cooldown needs to be increased.

>

> Every fight against druid is staff 123451111111111, switch sword 12345, staff 12345, CA, repeat.

>

> Meanwhile, pet slowly kills you.

Outheal the minimal staff damage. Run in a circle with swiftness to avoid the pet. For the record, sword only has 3 skills, and 2/3 are EVADES. The autos are the only attacks on sword that can apply sustained pressure, and those can be avoided fairly easily as well.

If you're losing against a druid spamming 12345 on each weapon set, you must be a terrible player.

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Flauvious.6195" said:

> > > You guys forgot to nerf druid. Druid was as dominant as scourge, holo, mirage and fb, if not more so, but it didn't get any nerfs. This is the most satisfied with a patch I've been in awhile, the one thing leaving a sour taste is how the meta now will be a snoozefest of druids endlessly healing on points.

> > >

> > > Personally I think the nerfs should be directed at staff and ca generation. Staff is what turns druid from a tanky sustain spec to an unkillable god. It's the most brainless weapon to use and the aa through pet generates ca so quickly. Nerf the self sustain on staff and ca generation in pvp. If this doesn't get hotfixed get ready for a long boring sustain fest meta.

> >

> > Staff isn't the problem lol. It doesn't do anything except generate CA. Even then, we can get more than enough through traits/boons/runes.

> >

> > Remove some of the healing from CA skills and replace them with more interesting mechanics.

> >

> > 1. Turn CA 1 into a damage skill.

> > 2. Turn CA 2 into a straight condi cleanse.

> > 3. Leave CA 3 alone.

> > 4. CA 4 should drop a mobile water field, remove the pulsing healing.

> > 5. CA 5 should be mobile.

>

> It gives you a bunch of additional healing. CA healing is already a ton considering how fast you fill the bar. When you add staff on top of it it's just unkillable for most classes. I thought druid was supposed to be a support spec, but people mostly just use it to bunker a point and force multiple opponents to come kick them off. So nerf it's self heals while leaving it's ally heals intact.

Yes, but that's ALL staff does. If you remove the healing and don't give us damage to replace it, we'll end up with a useless weapon. At the moment, staff is ONLY used for the additional healing/CA regeneration because the damage it puts out is completely garbage.

You thought druid was supposed to be a support spec, so you are _surprised_ when people use it to bunker? lol... Just remove healing from CA and staff and give us damage/other mechanics in return.