What would you change about WvW?

Cash.2385

Here on the eastern, at 3:41am waiting for Path of Fire to release today at 12:00pm EST. Playing WvW it see I had a WvW appifiny and was thinking what if, World vs World was upgrade from it previous model yes this can be scary and making playing not enjoy their experiance until they learn new fascets and overcome new gameplay challenges.

My sugguest or question would be would you like to see with some much red circles of death all over the ground or would you like to see players get more than a 1 or 2 key off before there melted. I would reduce radius that aoe can be cast or eliminate it with a mode that is not such condition based area effect I want get in the fight trade sword and shield glances not look at a red cicrles and constantly have to respawn. Its so team based that I think if we has more options for World Vs World were a theif or two cant destory golems is rediculus and the golem is almost defenceless. So i do get why we champion the current system because it seems 8-bit and has for some time. Time for an upgrade.

kINDA RUSHED please forgive grammer and spelling. :D

i'd add wvw maps, lessen map population. deal with isps to ensure data traffic is good, and upgrade game servers.

i'd have in game devs playing at random times of the day to view all servers to get feedback.

and i'd encourage the community to play the game no matter how they play wvw provided no tos is broken.

i'd integrate a voice com in game. and add dolyak mounts. yes more love for the dolyak. and then reinstate wvw tournaments.

There is some much un tapped potential in my mind for this game that is always brainstorming sometimes I wish I could put these ideas to reality on PC so people could experiance something different and fun yet guild wars only and epic evolution. He I would work for coffee. :(

What i would like to see:

**Walls rework** - i find it BS that when defending,your own walls often work against you:

* Attackers on the ground can clear a wall from any sieges in a matter of 15 seconds

* Attackers on the ground can turn walls into a deathtrap with the same AoE spammage

* Attackers on the ground while AoE spamming,stay behind those walls,being defacto Out of Sight,they just need to aim to the highest point of the wall to cover the whole catwalk.Defenders on the other hand,have to survive the catwalk first then they have to lean from the wall to siege disable,to AoE or use any kind of attack.

* Indistructible walls are often exploited and used as cover for siege placement: they just have to aim for those steps 8 meters away from doors or walls...splash dmg will reach anyways.

* You cant be extremely precise with your defensive sieges either,if the attackers are stacked behind your outer wall,there is noway to land a precise hit,unless u move to an other Tower.Most of the Time your shots will land on your wall,too far over your wall or just nullified by the bubble of those 5+ catas right under your wall.

**Siege Rework**: we have close (rams),mid(catas) and long (trebs) range sieges.

* Sieges shuld have a min distance at which they could be placed from towers and Keeps:

* Rams: perfect for doors (as it is)

* Catapults: shuld be placed at x meters from any walls...not GLUED on walls.ITs a mid range siege,its not a ram for walls.The bubble shuld be removed aswell,imo,we have shield generators for that.

* Trebs: as long range siege they shuld fullfill their role.They shuldnt be used just to retake a paper tower,from your keep.

As of now people just runs catas (check the prices of catas then check trebs and rams,if u think its not the case) and most of the active siege war runs around catas: blobs come in,stacks unders the wall,builds 5 catas and thats it.Commanders when they see those catas being destroyed ,often prefer to move to an other "objective" instead of getting some distance and then build 2 damn trebs.

Yeah I agree that siege is not being used correctly kind takes from the immersion and strategy of using long range siege medium and all other tools at ones disposal how they were designed, the hardest think would be to lead a guild and stressful at times, I would command things allot differently if they were channels for open comes this way no one is alt tabbing searching for other things such as team speak or raid call or discord whatever its better to keep the player focused and not bouncing between applications. I would like it to tone area conditions down allot there far too big, and everyone build to melt not to fight I Want feel like waves are smashing against my armor and its this intense fight and immersion , of knights and warrior so far its to hokus pokus red rings on everything and if you lose the commander because A they don't know how to lead a charge and always retreat or move so much and bounce between Relams it breaks groups up and keep people jumping I would like to see some kind of different modes for WvW is to broad of War to only have one mode, no settings no customization, I don't know if I had the opportunity without have to base a career around write code, Mathamatics personal life to sacrifice all to have gamer rip apart my dreams after I give them options instead of tell them how we do things, I would have my own design along with community feedback and go from there, I like the changes they've had so far.

WVW action below of me and some guilds and friends.

[https://youtube.com/watch?v=b-qV6DKuDKI](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qV6DKuDKI "https://youtube.com/watch?v=b-qV6DKuDKI") - GW2 -MURDER TRAIN

[https://youtube.com/watch?v=MktQacyCeNk](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MktQacyCeNk "https://youtube.com/watch?v=MktQacyCeNk") GW2 - MURDEROUS ROBOTS

I understand Cash,but the issue here is,once again,balance.

We are not playing in Vanilla anymore: where u generally had a Tag asking 4-5 people to suppy run from camps to where they were building long range siege (to siege Hills for example).

Nowdays with all the "new" mastery and all the +supply ,people can run with a+25.So with a 30 man blob you get a 750 supply total.With that u could easily build 2 to 3 Trebs,2 Shield Gen,1 Balista and 2 AC.(3x120,2x50,1x40,2x50 using superiors,guilds and normal cost less supply), and have,i dont wanna say "proper", so lets say a sort of siege warfare.Unfotunately catas,remain the most convenient way to do the job.

Anet also changed recently the catapult dmg (the long u hold the shot,the more the dmg)...still using 5 catas right next to a wall with an instant shot,have the same result as before.The only way to put to work this "new mechanic" would be to set up a minum distance requirement to place those siege(just as we have at spawn,for istance).

But you know,people will complain about ruining their "fast cap",k-train...and shit...so im not expecting any kind of "rework" like this to happend. :)

> @XenesisII.1540 said:

> So are you asking about changing aoes? or wvw in general?

>

> Also people already complain about zergs in here and yet you want to tone down aoes, but if you do that then zerging will be worse as aoes are one of the tools to put pressure on a group.

> So I voted You crazy.

>

the problem is the game is designed to cleave/aoe spam its the full stack of it than is to much..spammy

What game need is less cleaves and have better aoe, better effect but also punish if the aoe is not well casted, make classes dedicated to aoe better role and make players play better. overall.

If you take away cleaves you start to punish melee, then they would have no reason to push into groups anymore. I'd argue having those red rings under your feet should already be teaching you to be a better player, you should be paying attention to your surroundings, and you should be constantly moving in battle.

I'm not sure how you expect to punish people for an aoe not being well casted, could you explain? Most aoes are normally on long cooldowns already, and a lot are also ground targeting, so if you don't use it appropriately you are punished by having to wait out the cooldown, and mis-targeting it also punishes you by maybe not being able to take advantage of that opportunity to punish your enemy.

When you thought last meta was full of condi, after the expansion it got worse. I dont mind using condi but have it controlled. Condi has to be nerfed. No one knows how to fight like the good old days when power was the thing. a blob of people throwing down condi is such a waste of talent.

1. Scissors, stone, paper aka each class has a hard counter.

2. real healer class (I love to play healer)

3. friendly fire on

4. no AoE limit

5. player collision or how its called

6. no gliding

7. adieu dbl

8. adieu invisible while in combat

Not everything is doable or it ain't gw2 anymore. Sure there would be more, but its past 4am and I'm tired :)

> @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

> Change it to WvW and not WvWvW...would require new maps obviously.

Not really, just have 2 borderlands with the 2 south spawn active, and the home spawn inactive, garrison will become the "smc" of the borderlands. EBG would have the missing side as neutral structures until capture, red would be a good candidate since they have the only keep that can hit smc. One less map to use and map caps per side can be raised. But wvw instead of wvwvw would probably lead to a steamroll of one side and them taking the week off, as it does for most other 2 sided games.

> @XenesisII.1540 said:

> If you take away cleaves you start to punish melee, (snip)

was not watchign it in that way cause range classes can also be to cleave on range, but yeah ofc remove completelly cleave from melee is impensable but from autos imo almost no weapon should do it, and to compensate increase the number to 7-10 on some AOE spells if possible, this would make combat more tactical than have a zergs that does better 1111, and maybe less laggy on 3 way fights.

> @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > @GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

> > Change it to WvW and not WvWvW...would require new maps obviously.

>

> Not really, just have 2 borderlands with the 2 south spawn active, and the home spawn inactive, garrison will become the "smc" of the borderlands. EBG would have the missing side as neutral structures until capture, red would be a good candidate since they have the only keep that can hit smc. One less map to use and map caps per side can be raised. But wvw instead of wvwvw would probably lead to a steamroll of one side and them taking the week off, as it does for most other 2 sided games.

Yep, steam rolled on current setup. Which is why I suggested new maps with that. Since the new maps would need some form of comeback mechanics or we just abandon persistence and let the map reset every day or hour. Retrofitting the current maps and hoping for the best in a 1v1 would just be a waste of time. We already know coverage steam rolls things in 1v1v1 it'd be no different in 1v1 in a 24/7 game... D:

However, 70 v 70 is less laggy than the current 70v70v70 which is what breaks my immersion during reset. QQ