Red Steamed Dumplings

Vavume.8065

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week in and prices have failed to drop as some predicted - they're still now at around 1g 5s per dumpling. So 525g for the achievement, even assuming there are enough on TP, which there are not. Currently enough just for two people to complete.

I've managed 4 from envelope drops so far. Based on that rate, it will take me about 50 years to complete the 25 AP.

Would be lovely to hear Anet's explanation for this silliness.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> I opened 3354 divine envelopes and got 160 red steamed dumplings from it. But I also made about 40s profit each just from the trophies. (Bought all envelopes via my 30 accounts), so it is highly worth it for me

>

> MF was 950%+, forgot exact number

As you can see the dumpling drop rate is complete garbage :)

> @"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > I opened 3354 divine envelopes and got 160 red steamed dumplings from it. But I also made about 40s profit each just from the trophies. (Bought all envelopes via my 30 accounts), so it is highly worth it for me

> >

> > MF was 950%+, forgot exact number

>

> As you can see the dumpling drop rate is complete garbage :)

Which is approximately the same 4.7% drop rate at around 950% as the person who opened 10,000

> @"Zeivu.3615" said:

> The red dumplings were always rare, even in previous years. However, all food drops seem like their rates have been slashed this year... I know I got more from the envelopes last year.

That might have to do with the lack of homemade envelopes this year. They fell between little and divine ones with regard to loot quality. Some of last years rewards now give little envelopes, some were just cut completely. Overall, there's a lot less good loot to go around this year.

I don't know why we are surprised about this achievement.. it's a trend for almost every festival event these days.. gotta keep players vaguely interested in coming back to it rather than finishing everything in a day or two and I will hazard a guess entices a nice little spike in gem sale..

To keep that enticement as lucrative as possible they have to make an item drop at a more than ridiculous rate to keep those prices high for as long as possible.

Of course if the whole point wasn't to make money out of something almost pointless (pardon the pun) then they would of simply placed a vendor option to exchange the other food drops like the overly plentiful rice balls in favour of other foods.. at a still unhealthy exchange rate but it would help get rid of some of the stuff we simply throw away. Though again, that seems to be a common theme that ANET also like to see happen imo.

I would like to see some kind of exchange system in GW2.. where all kinds of items, mats etc could be exchanged for other things, not just obvious exchanges.. but I guess that's also the point of the mystict oilet to a certain extent.

EDIT.. to date I have opened around 150-200 of the Divine Lucky and about the 300 of the Little Envelopes.. dropped 8 dumplings and my max MF usually sits at approx. 630%..... though I still had some dumplings laying around from previous years.. and I wont be using them or selling them or giving them to that scav Drooburt anytime soon... I will sit on them a whiles longer or until the investment to AP is a heck of a lot more nicer.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> I don't know why we are surprised about this achievement.. it's a trend for almost every festival event these days.. gotta keep players vaguely interested in coming back to it rather than finishing everything in a day or two

That definitely didn't make me more interested. Quite the opposite, once i've realized how bad the droprates are, and how high the potential price of using TP as a shortcut is, i completely abandoned any idea of ever completing that one.

That greedy quaggan is simply not going to get fed during this holiday, neither on this year, nor on any future ones, unless something significantly changes.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > I don't know why we are surprised about this achievement.. it's a trend for almost every festival event these days.. gotta keep players vaguely interested in coming back to it rather than finishing everything in a day or two

> That definitely didn't make me more interested. Quite the opposite, once i've realized how bad the droprates are, and how high the potential price of using TP as a shortcut is, i completely abandoned any idea of ever completing that one.

> That greedy quaggan is simply not going to get fed during this holiday, neither on this year, nor on any future ones, unless something significantly changes.

I definitely hear you.. hence vaguely interested.

I too won't be feeding that little scavy either then again for me it's actually the least interesting event they brought out. I think Dragon ball sucks donkey and actually does nothing but highlight how poor the camera and queuing systems are in this game imo.... but I digress :)

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > I don't know why we are surprised about this achievement.. it's a trend for almost every festival event these days.. gotta keep players vaguely interested in coming back to it rather than finishing everything in a day or two

> > That definitely didn't make me more interested. Quite the opposite, once i've realized how bad the droprates are, and how high the potential price of using TP as a shortcut is, i completely abandoned any idea of ever completing that one.

> > That greedy quaggan is simply not going to get fed during this holiday, neither on this year, nor on any future ones, unless something significantly changes.

>

> I definitely hear you.. hence vaguely interested.

> I too won't be feeding that little scavy either then again for me it's actually the least interesting event they brought out. I think Dragon ball sucks donkey and actually does nothing but highlight how poor the camera and queuing systems are in this game imo.... but I digress :)

At least it makes you some money from people totally into AP.

Also, The event was more fun to me the first time around. This year they didn't even add any AP to Dragon ball strangely enough. Though that might be great for those not into it, I personally feel adequate enough in this minigame to at least enjoy it somewhat.