Signet of Ether

yiksing.9432

Not really. I found the heal to be almost worthless. This might just have been my perception of it but I didn't notice it giving me very much health per illusion generated. I honestly find Ether Feast to be more useful because of the lower cooldown paired with the fact that I'm almost guaranteed to always have 3 clones out.

You have to be shattering constantly to see any benefit since the heal only applies if a clone is actually generated.

On the flip side of the coin, though, it has amazing synergy with the Inspirations line trait "Restorative Illusions" since the Signet will give healing when generating illusions and the trait will heal when you shatter them.

I personally would really like to see some CD reduce for the skill itself...i mean, yes we can reduce the CD with the GS Traitline, but overall i think it sould be reduced, so that it has (with GS Trait) 15 sec CD and without the Trait 18 - 20 sec CD......the thief signet is better than our signet ( signet of malice) it heals passive every time you attack, heals when you activate it and has just a CD from 15 sec......i mean i like the new passive from our signet of ether, but the CD is way too high for a healing skill....

(i also begin to like the new Signet of Illusions, i really hope they dont change it, bu i already see people complaing about it....sadly....)

> @"Llethander.3972" said:

> Not really. I found the heal to be almost worthless. This might just have been my perception of it but I didn't notice it giving me very much health per illusion generated. I honestly find Ether Feast to be more useful because of the lower cooldown paired with the fact that I'm almost guaranteed to always have 3 clones out.

>

> You have to be shattering constantly to see any benefit since the heal only applies if a clone is actually generated.

>

>

> On the flip side of the coin, though, it has amazing synergy with the Inspirations line trait "Restorative Illusions" since the Signet will give healing when generating illusions and the trait will heal when you shatter them.

I think that's the point...You need to be actively doing something involving your profession and not just sitting around AA waiting for the heal to come back up. In this instance you are rewarded on the front end of your mechanic and not punished on the back end. i.e. Trading a shatter for healing and condition cleanse. It's doesn't heal much BUT again if you are actively playing I think the idea is that..it would soften the blow over time and you can double down on that if you want if on both the front and back of Mesmers unique menchanic.

Heal on summon heal on shatter.

Heal on summon only.

Heal on shatter only.

(and then also the condi transferal to clones) I think it would be very hard to have condis stick to you. Not immunity but you could very easily maintain this revolving door of condition management. The come and then the go...Like a game of ~~Hot~~ Torment Potato.

I would definitely trade a small heal for a measly clone than for a measly heal on a mechanic performance dependent shatter.

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> The healing Co-effient really needs to be imrpoved, going up by 900 Healing power increases the healing by like 50. Thats poor. Very poor. With Scepter, i think it could be really solid. where else would you have enough clone and illusion to make it worthwhile?

Phantasmal Warlock summons two phantasms (same for Phantasmal Berserker, if traited), that become two clones, for example, and that's excluding the two extra phantasms from Chronophantasm. If you're using Mirage, you create a clone each time you use a Deception skill, like Jaunt. If you shatter as a Chronomancer with Illusionary Reversion, you generate a clone while also getting healed by Restorative Illusions, if you have the trait.

So I can see it being decent for sustain that you have more control of.

> @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> Phantasmal Warlock summons two phantasms (same for Phantasmal Berserker, if traited), that become two clones, for example, and that's excluding the two extra phantasms from Chronophantasm. If you're using Mirage, you create a clone each time you use a Deception skill, like Jaunt. If you shatter as a Chronomancer with Illusionary Reversion, you generate a clone while also getting healed by Restorative Illusions, if you have the trait.

>

> So I can see it being decent for sustain that you have more control of.

Yeah i thought of that. Using Chronophantasma + Imagined Burden + iZerker that is 6 ticks. with 50ish Healing Power it was a 2.1k Heal. Onn a 16second cool down. That is 132HpS With 936 Healing power. That was a 2.4k heal. On a 16second cool down. That is 152HpS. Now look how many traits i need to combine WITH the heal skill + the Illusion skills. Now compare that to say a Restoration Signet, Healing Signet and such which ALL have lower cool downs. Then add in the skill cool down.

I think The healing should be tweaked a little, the cool down does need to be reduced and maybe change the Active effect to something else. Maybe reduce the active healing and make it that damage your Illusions deal heal you rather than reset their cool down? Now THAT would be cool. something like:

Signet Passive: Heal yourself when you summon an illusion

Active: heal yourself for 2-3k, for the next 3seconds the damage your illusions do heals you for 33% of the damage done

Cool down 30seconds

What do you think? Or rather than reset JUST phantasms, it resets ALL illusion skill cool downs?

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> > Phantasmal Warlock summons two phantasms (same for Phantasmal Berserker, if traited), that become two clones, for example, and that's excluding the two extra phantasms from Chronophantasm. If you're using Mirage, you create a clone each time you use a Deception skill, like Jaunt. If you shatter as a Chronomancer with Illusionary Reversion, you generate a clone while also getting healed by Restorative Illusions, if you have the trait.

> >

> > So I can see it being decent for sustain that you have more control of.

>

> Yeah i thought of that. Using Chronophantasma + Imagined Burden + iZerker that is 6 ticks. with 50ish Healing Power it was a 2.1k Heal. Onn a 16second cool down. That is 132HpS With 936 Healing power. That was a 2.4k heal. On a 16second cool down. That is 152HpS. Now look how many traits i need to combine WITH the heal skill + the Illusion skills. Now compare that to say a Restoration Signet, Healing Signet and such which ALL have lower cool downs. Then add in the skill cool down.

Your "cooldown" calculation does not take into account the numerous other ways that Mesmers can generate Illusions, including the clone from Mirror Blade for example. Then there are the whole different set of Clones and Phantasms which you can summon with your second weapon set.

By and far, Healing Signet is likely the most powerful healing skill in the game, and whether or not healing skills, or Signets, across all professions need to be homogenous in terms of power is a separate debate. I say give the changes a little more time and testing.

> @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> Your "cooldown" calculation does not take into account the numerous other ways that Mesmers can generate Illusions, including the clone from Mirror Blade for example. Then there are the whole different set of Clones and Phantasms which you can summon with your second weapon set.

>

> By and far, Healing Signet is likely the most powerful healing skill in the game, and whether or not healing skills, or Signets, across all professions need to be homogenous in terms of power is a separate debate. I say give the changes a little more time and testing.

And Unless you are Chrono, given that i used it as an example due to Chronophantasma. Does that mean that it should be "meh" for the sake of 1/3 of the class? Base Mesmer and Mirage? Surely they are WORSE off taking it because they are not Chrono due to Alacrity? What about Improved Alacrity trait? These kind of things should NOT be the defining reason about balance. Lets take Staff and GS as an example. Assuming that you are running both the cool down traits for them.

How often are you going to be able to be pumping out enough illusions to get anywhere near good healing from it? I personally would have preferred if they kept it the way it was, 1 second ICD with healing increasing with the amount of clones you have out. I do wonder, How big is the difference between healing from the way it was to the way it is now. The passive heal for about 750healing power was around 359 Per a second if you kept all 3 illusions up.

I did like the synergy it had with Restorative Illusions. keeping them up gaining healing and then shattering them for a burst of healing (even if the burst healing was kinda meh lol)

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> rip mesmer healing signet. I thought it was onto a win when they changed the 3s proc to 1s. Alas good things don't last forever.

Yep, I defo think they should return it to the previous state, maybe increase it a little to counter that its only clones that will proc it now.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> The cooldown is certainly far too long. Needs to be 20-25s at most. I personally wouldn't use it unless it was in the 15-20s range.

Again, agree with this. I think 25-30seconds untraited would be a reasonable spot. Think 20seconds untraited would be FAR too low.

I like the current version of the skill. Active part is high risk, high reward. Passive part still encourages active play rather than running in circles doing nothing.

It should not be reverted. Keeping illusions alive in PvP is impossible and again discouraging shatter. The whole point of the patch is to encourage shattering w/o worrying about keeping up phantasms.

I do think the base healing is on the low end. Perhaps increase the healing power coefficient from 0.06 to 0.1 to reward those who invest in the stats.

> @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> Phantasmal Warlock summons two phantasms (same for Phantasmal Berserker, if traited), that become two clones, for example, and that's excluding the two extra phantasms from Chronophantasm. If you're using Mirage, you create a clone each time you use a Deception skill, like Jaunt. If you shatter as a Chronomancer with Illusionary Reversion, you generate a clone while also getting healed by Restorative Illusions, if you have the trait.

Great, by now I got 300 extra healing from my 900 healing power. Such sustain! Much wow!