Power Chronomancer in Action!

dontlook.1823

Looks fun but looks like a significant dps loss compared to the axe clone mirage from pre-patch in a realistic fractal run. This is probably due to the axe mirage being able to evade most of the dangerous mechanics while maintaining dps and of course confusion being in a much better state than now.

> @"Hackuuna.4085" said:

> Looks fun but looks like a significant dps loss compared to the axe clone mirage from pre-patch in a realistic fractal run. This is probably due to the axe mirage being able to evade most of the dangerous mechanics while maintaining dps and of course confusion being in a much better state than now.

Yeah that was a huge bummer for me. I had to re-acquaintance myself with mechanics too x.x

> @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> Great job and thanks for sharing!

>

> Would it be a bigger DPS boost to use Continuum Shift at 3 stacks to cast Phantasmal Swordsman and Disenchanter, or Phantasmal Swordsman into Signet reset into Swordsman?

Oh, without a doubt. Mastering continuum splits is whats going to set you apart on this build. It's a bit difficult in terms of timing and clone generation. But once you get it flowing into your rotation its for sure a DPS increase. I'm not sure when exactly to do it. But I'd say its safe to say when 3 are up you want to Split for a Wrack sword, disenchanter, warden, and signet heal.

good to see that build working well!

did testing myself as well

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> > @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> > Great job and thanks for sharing!

> >

> > Would it be a bigger DPS boost to use Continuum Shift at 3 stacks to cast Phantasmal Swordsman and Disenchanter, or Phantasmal Swordsman into Signet reset into Swordsman?

>

> Oh, without a doubt. Mastering continuum splits is whats going to set you apart on this build. It's a bit difficult in terms of timing and clone generation. But once you get it flowing into your rotation its for sure a DPS increase. I'm not sure when exactly to do it. But I'd say its safe to say when 3 are up you want to Split for a Wrack sword, disenchanter, warden, and signet heal.

split at the very end of a blurred frenzy too, before doing all that.

however, i prefer saving it for double moa when needed, so much utility for such little dps loss :)

For those who want to go directly to the build, the YouTube comment links as follws

> @"dontlook.1823" said:

> [CM Fractal Build](http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsc8dnsICFqhloBeoBUrhlVjCdLOjqocDGhAoeZb2pF-jhRBABXt/o8zMlgPcUFwT/DAvoAKV/ZdwAwUKlyMTjMzMzMzUKgImsB-e)

Roughly it's:

* Sword+ Sword paired with Sword+Focus

* Disenchanter, Pain Mantra, Heal & Illusion Signet, Time Warp

* Zerk/Scholar armor, Zerk force|air weapons

* Dueling (top|bottom|top), Illusions (t|m|t), Chron (m|t|b)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Here's a 3.34k DPS alternative [posted on Reddit](https://redd.it/7vyrrf) from @"Strider.5807":

> * Sword+Sword & +Focus

> * P-Disenchant, P-Defend, Ether Signet, Calamity & Gravity Wells

> * Zerk Air/Force sigils

> * Zerk/Scholar Armor

> * Illusion (t|b|t), Dueling (t|b|t), Chrono (m|t|b)

>

I would contest the realism of that benchmark as the Golem used had permanent Slow, which is hardly a common condition applied in real fights.

> @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> I would contest the realism of that benchmark as the Golem used had permanent Slow, which is hardly a common condition applied in real fights.

Just shows that it pays to watch the video and not skip to the build. :/

So you mean that Danger Time is triggering more often than is reasonably expected? (Resulting in a permanent +30% chance to crit.) Plus, of course, Scholar runes are permanently triggered because player health never went below 100%. So this is more illustrative of an idea than proof of concept.

> Here's a 33.4k DPS alternative [posted on Reddit](https://redd.it/7vyrrf) from @"Strider.5807":

> * Sword+Sword & +Focus

> * P-Disenchant, P-Defend, Ether Signet, Calamity & Gravity Wells

> * Zerk Air/Force sigils

> * Zerk/Scholar Armor

> * Illusion (t|b|t), Dueling (t|b|t), Chrono (m|t|b)

>

Wondering, this set up looks to do more DPS than the build I was using in the videos. Is that true?

> > @"Ojimaru.8970" said:

> > I would contest the realism of that benchmark as the Golem used had permanent Slow, which is hardly a common condition applied in real fights.

>

> Just shows that it pays to watch the video and not skip to the build. :/

> So you mean that Danger Time is triggering more often than is reasonably expected? (Resulting in a permanent +30% chance to crit.) Plus, of course, Scholar runes are permanently triggered because player health never went below 100%. So this is more illustrative of an idea than proof of concept.

Yes, under normal circumstances, I deem it highly unlikely that an enemy would have permanent Slow applied to it. Not only does this mean Danger Time would give the Chronomancer a permanent 30% Critical Chance, but--thanks to the update--also an extra 10% Critical Damage bonus.

On the other hand, having the bonus damage from Scholar runes is more feasible thanks to most compositions running healers, plus the fact that Chronomancer Wells now also provide a decent amount of healing (7k+ with Well of Eternity, 2k+ with other Wells).